Last words from Omni: Sun 1st Oct
l***@gmail.com
2017-10-01 10:23:36 UTC
So that's all good then.

What could possibly go wrong!

And if all went swimmingly, there would be no dramatic tension which is a problem once a couple get married in any on-going drama.

I am interested in noting how they are managing this with Doc Martin, by foregrounding other dysfunctional folk in Port Isaac (oops Port Wenn). I am beginning to recognise that though this is much heightened it does reflect my view of reality; there is much madness in this world. I have a little list.
BrritSki
2017-10-01 11:58:47 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
And if all went swimmingly, there would be no dramatic tension which is a problem once a couple get married in any on-going drama.
I am interested in noting how they are managing this with Doc Martin, by foregrounding other dysfunctional folk in Port Isaac (oops Port Wenn). I am beginning to recognise that though this is much heightened it does reflect my view of reality; there is much madness in this world. I have a little list.
'Twas ever thus. As Bottom says:
Methinks, mistress, you should have little reason
for that: and yet, to say the truth, reason and
love keep little company together now-a-days; the
more the pity that some honest neighbours will not
make them friends.
BrritSki
2017-10-01 12:04:35 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
And if all went swimmingly, there would be no dramatic tension which
is a problem once a couple get married in any on-going drama.
I am interested in noting how they are managing this with Doc Martin,
by foregrounding other dysfunctional folk in Port Isaac (oops Port
Wenn).  I am beginning to recognise that though this is much
heightened it does reflect my view of reality; there is much madness
in this world.  I have a little list.
Methinks, mistress, you should have little reason
for that: and yet, to say the truth, reason and
love keep little company together now-a-days; the
more the pity that some honest neighbours will not
make them friends.
Talking of which, did I mention Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwell
which I read last week ?
I love his Sharpe and Uhtred series - this one not so much action, but
very well written and researched and concerns Richard Shakespeare,
Will's younger brother and actor in his company. The action concerns the
first performance of MSND and has lots of interesting insights and also
historical stuff about the way theatres ran back then, the shortage of
plays etc. 5* from me....