Briahn
2018-06-18 07:59:02 UTC
I was a little distrustful of Briahn’s appreciation to Ruth for protecting
Ruari’s interests this week. Was anyone else?
krw
2018-06-18 08:20:24 UTC
On 18/06/2018 08:59, Btms wrote; my response is lower down:
> I was a little distrustful of Briahn’s appreciation to Ruth for protecting
> Ruari’s interests this week. Was anyone else?

Not particularly - merely keeping another shareholder on side whilst
dealing with Kate.

2018-06-18 09:55:35 UTC
On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 07:59:02 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
wrote:

>I was a little distrustful of Briahn’s appreciation to Ruth for protecting
>Ruari’s interests this week. Was anyone else?

Actually the whole thing was a bit odd. I got the impression David was
paying for it all so Jenny, now on a resstricted income because of
difficulties, got to have a party at his expense, in a style she
loved, that we all worried Ruth might not. As it happened it was ok.
She admitted it was partly to show the Aldridges were holding their
heads high and to cheer herself up.

There is a question being asked about where Toby got to. Did Kate
vanish then too? :) Actually if she was going to grab a male for a
drunken frolic, I thought maybe Philip or Alastair. Was Philip
invited somehow> I was unclear about the guest list. Family and
friends. Did that include Susan? If not she would have been very put
out. Kirsty? Fallon and Carpet?
Serena Blanchflower
2018-06-18 10:40:06 UTC
On 18/06/2018 10:55, Vicky Ayech wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 07:59:02 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> I was a little distrustful of Briahn’s appreciation to Ruth for protecting
>> Ruari’s interests this week. Was anyone else?

> Actually the whole thing was a bit odd. I got the impression David was
> paying for it all so Jenny, now on a resstricted income because of
> difficulties, got to have a party at his expense, in a style she
> loved, that we all worried Ruth might not. As it happened it was ok.
> She admitted it was partly to show the Aldridges were holding their
> heads high and to cheer herself up.
>
> There is a question being asked about where Toby got to. Did Kate
> vanish then too? :) Actually if she was going to grab a male for a
> drunken frolic, I thought maybe Philip or Alastair. Was Philip
> invited somehow> I was unclear about the guest list. Family and
> friends. Did that include Susan? If not she would have been very put
> out. Kirsty? Fallon and Carpet?

Fallon and, probably, Emma were there, but as staff, as she provided the
catering. I doubt that Susan, Kirsty, Philip or Carpet would have been
invited as I don't think any of them are particularly friends of David
and Ruth. It didn't sound as if it was a "whole village" event.

A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something. (Frank Capra)
LFS
2018-06-18 11:59:47 UTC
On 18/06/2018 10:55, Vicky Ayech wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 07:59:02 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> I was a little distrustful of Briahn’s appreciation to Ruth for protecting
>> Ruari’s interests this week. Was anyone else?

> Actually the whole thing was a bit odd. I got the impression David was
> paying for it all so Jenny, now on a resstricted income because of
> difficulties, got to have a party at his expense, in a style she
> loved, that we all worried Ruth might not. As it happened it was ok.
> She admitted it was partly to show the Aldridges were holding their
> heads high and to cheer herself up.
>
> There is a question being asked about where Toby got to.

I assumed that he had disappeared to take Pip to hospital...

2018-06-18 13:30:58 UTC
On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 12:59:47 +0100, LFS <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 18/06/2018 10:55, Vicky Ayech wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 07:59:02 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I was a little distrustful of Briahn’s appreciation to Ruth for protecting
>>> Ruari’s interests this week. Was anyone else?

>> Actually the whole thing was a bit odd. I got the impression David was
>> paying for it all so Jenny, now on a resstricted income because of
>> difficulties, got to have a party at his expense, in a style she
>> loved, that we all worried Ruth might not. As it happened it was ok.
>> She admitted it was partly to show the Aldridges were holding their
>> heads high and to cheer herself up.
>>
>> There is a question being asked about where Toby got to.
>

>I assumed that he had disappeared to take Pip to hospital...

Wasn't it Pip who came back to say he'd vanished when she went to tell
him she and Jill were ready to go, as he was giving them a lift?

Chris J Dixon
2018-06-24 07:54:00 UTC
LFS wrote:

>I assumed that he had disappeared to take Pip to hospital...

Speaking of which, I was at the RSC last night for "Miss
Littlewood" (1), a rather different new musical, which was great
fun.

Amongst the cast was Pip's alter ego, though as a non-listener,
I've never heard her before.

(1) https://www.rsc.org.uk/miss-littlewood/

***@cdixon.me.uk
2018-06-24 11:24:43 UTC
Chris J Dixon <***@cdixon.me.uk> wrote:
> LFS wrote:
>
>> I assumed that he had disappeared to take Pip to hospital...
>
> Speaking of which, I was at the RSC last night for "Miss
> Littlewood" (1), a rather different new musical, which was great
> fun.
>
> Amongst the cast was Pip's alter ego, though as a non-listener,
> I've never heard her before.
>
> (1) https://www.rsc.org.uk/miss-littlewood/

There was an interview or a sort of review on Toady the other morning.

2018-06-25 12:52:28 UTC
On 24/06/2018 08:54, Chris J Dixon wrote; my response is lower down:
> LFS wrote:
>
>> I assumed that he had disappeared to take Pip to hospital...
>
> Speaking of which, I was at the RSC last night for "Miss
> Littlewood" (1), a rather different new musical, which was great
> fun.
>
> Amongst the cast was Pip's alter ego, though as a non-listener,
> I've never heard her before.
>
> (1) https://www.rsc.org.uk/miss-littlewood/
>
> Chris

Was her speaking manner equally annoying on stage?

2018-06-25 14:13:38 UTC
krw wrote:

>On 24/06/2018 08:54, Chris J Dixon wrote;
>> Amongst the cast was Pip's alter ego, though as a non-listener,
>> I've never heard her before.
>>
>> (1) https://www.rsc.org.uk/miss-littlewood/

>Was her speaking manner equally annoying on stage?

I cannot make a comparison, but I wouldn't have described it
thus.

***@cdixon.me.uk
2018-06-18 11:58:33 UTC
On 18/06/2018 08:59, Btms wrote:
> I was a little distrustful of Briahn’s appreciation to Ruth for protecting
> Ruari’s interests this week. Was anyone else?

I have thought for some time that he is up to no good and fully
understood the extent of the pollution problem and its consequences and
had planned to sell the land anyway. After all, he sent Kate off to the
US at a time most opportune for him. Ruth is probably the only person
who will stand up to him effectively and will need a bit more handling
than his family.