Archers mentioned on PM . . .
Add Reply
Mike Ruddock
2017-10-04 16:57:59 UTC
. . . but I only caught the end of it. Did anyone hear the whole item
(which came on about 1750)?

Mike Ruddock
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-10-04 17:52:45 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
. . . but I only caught the end of it. Did anyone hear the whole item
(which came on about 1750)?
Mike Ruddock
Yes - it was mainly about the departure of the editor. Nothing greatly
unexpected was revealed, IMO.

The main and the most glorious achievement of television is that it is killing
the art of conversation. If we think of the type of conversation television is
helping to kill, our gratitude must be undying. (George Mikes, "How to be
Inimitable" [1960].)
Chris McMillan
2017-10-05 13:40:40 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
. . . but I only caught the end of it. Did anyone hear the whole item
(which came on about 1750)?
Mike Ruddock
Yes - it was mainly about the departure of the editor. Nothing greatly
unexpected was revealed, IMO.
There was also a great deal about the quality (or not) of the script
writing or more directly plot developments of the various plot lines post
Helen and Rob. It seemed that the interviewee didn’t think they were
being played out in real time or had depth. Pity she wasn’t asked
specifically about Oliver and Caroline and Gay Grables. I can agree with
many of the other strands. Elizabeth someone, a newspaper critic.