Quiet?
2018-02-22 10:49:57 UTC
Very quiet around here. Probably quiet at Home Farm too, doubt whether
Jennifer is speaking to Brian.

2018-02-22 11:43:25 UTC
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:49:57 +0000, LFS <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Very quiet around here. Probably quiet at Home Farm too, doubt whether
>Jennifer is speaking to Brian.

And it might be quiet at Grange Farm soon. Will Clarrie get fed up
with Susan ?

2018-02-22 11:47:19 UTC
On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:43:25 +0000, Vicky <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:49:57 +0000, LFS <***@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Very quiet around here. Probably quiet at Home Farm too, doubt whether
>>Jennifer is speaking to Brian.
>
>And it might be quiet at Grange Farm soon. Will Clarrie get fed up
>with Susan ?
Might Helen and Tom be feeling fed up with Susan now too? They perhaps
gave her the manager title and raise out of sympathy because she said
she was worried about Neil being able to cope with his work much
longer. Might they feel it was under false pretences? I do.

Mind you, someone, somewhere, said they had to raise her salary a
little anyway because of the minimum wage law. In which case did they
raise Clarrie's too? I hope as Helen was swanning off they make
Clarrie manager in the dairy, over Susan, with the raise.

2018-02-22 17:08:05 UTC
In message <***@4ax.com>, Vicky
<***@gmail.com> writes:
>On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:43:25 +0000, Vicky <***@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:49:57 +0000, LFS <***@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Very quiet around here. Probably quiet at Home Farm too, doubt whether
>>>Jennifer is speaking to Brian.
>>
>>And it might be quiet at Grange Farm soon. Will Clarrie get fed up
>>with Susan ?
I think, like most of us, Clarrie has probably _been_ fed up with Susan
for some years - but is pragmatic, as she (they?) need)s( the money, so
makes the best of it. And is a nice person anyway. But even she has come
_close_ to giving Susan a piece of her mind on several occasions
recently, I'd say.
>Might Helen and Tom be feeling fed up with Susan now too? They perhaps
>gave her the manager title and raise out of sympathy because she said
>she was worried about Neil being able to cope with his work much
>longer. Might they feel it was under false pretences? I do.

I'd think _anything_ Susan says is under false pretences. Come to think
of it, in the same way as Rob: I wouldn't trust a single thing she said.
Though for slightly different reasons: for him, it was because he was
Machiavellian, for her it's because she's just incapable of doing/saying
other than what matches her strange view of the world.

>Mind you, someone, somewhere, said they had to raise her salary a
>little anyway because of the minimum wage law. In which case did they
>raise Clarrie's too? I hope as Helen was swanning off they make
>Clarrie manager in the dairy, over Susan, with the raise.

(-: That would be nice - as long as Clarrie wasn't then punished for
Susan not doing what she's told.

aibohphobia, n., The fear of palindromes.
DavidK
2018-02-22 20:42:33 UTC
On 22/02/18 17:08, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> In message <***@4ax.com>, Vicky
> <***@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:43:25 +0000, Vicky <***@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> And it might be quiet at Grange Farm soon. Will Clarrie get fed up
>>> with Susan ?
> I think, like most of us, Clarrie has probably _been_ fed up with Susan
> for some years - but is pragmatic, as she (they?) need)s( the money, so
> makes the best of it. And is a nice person anyway. But even she has come
> _close_ to giving Susan a piece of her mind on several occasions
> recently, I'd say.
>> Might Helen and Tom be feeling fed up with Susan now too? They perhaps
>> gave her the manager title and raise out of sympathy because she said
>> she was worried about Neil being able to cope with his work much
>> longer. Might they feel it was under false pretences? I do.
>
> I'd think _anything_ Susan says is under false pretences. Come to think
> of it, in the same way as Rob: I wouldn't trust a single thing she said.
> Though for slightly different reasons: for him, it was because he was
> Machiavellian, for her it's because she's just incapable of doing/saying
> other than what matches her strange view of the world.
>>
>> Mind you, someone, somewhere, said they had to raise her salary a
>> little anyway because of the minimum wage law. In which case did they
>> raise Clarrie's too? I hope as Helen was swanning off they make
>> Clarrie manager in the dairy, over Susan, with the raise.
>>
> (-: That would be nice - as long as Clarrie wasn't then punished for
> Susan not doing what she's told.

I notice that Clarrie said she was owed some time off in lieu; I wonder
if she was able to take it as wages, I would have that you would prefer
that.
Btms
2018-02-22 12:09:23 UTC
Vicky <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:49:57 +0000, LFS <***@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Very quiet around here. Probably quiet at Home Farm too, doubt whether
>> Jennifer is speaking to Brian.
>
> And it might be quiet at Grange Farm soon. Will Clarrie get fed up
> with Susan ?

I suspect we are all fed up with Susan