meal out at ‘French Pub’
2017-10-06 17:53:23 UTC
Turns out that the pub we went to at the invitation of our French friends
was The Bull at Arborfield;strangely we found sevveral staff who spoke
fluent French and had French accents; however, we neither saw or heard
anything of `Kenton or Jolene.
2017-10-06 18:52:01 UTC
Turns out that the pub we went to at the invitation of our French friends
was The Bull at Arborfield;strangely we found sevveral staff who spoke
fluent French and had French accents; however, we neither saw or heard
anything of `Kenton or Jolene.
Did you ask after them?

For this star a "night on the tiles" means winning at Scrabble - Kathy Lette
(on Kylie), RT 2014/1/11-17
Mike
2017-10-07 07:07:16 UTC
Turns out that the pub we went to at the invitation of our French friends
was The Bull at Arborfield;strangely we found sevveral staff who spoke
fluent French and had French accents; however, we neither saw or heard
anything of `Kenton or Jolene.
Did you ask after them?
Unfortunately, Joe and Bert were making so much rackets with the table
skittles, we could hardly hear ourselves think and Ed was having a bit of a
barney with Adam....
Clive Arthur
2017-10-06 23:47:44 UTC
Turns out that the pub we went to at the invitation of our French friends
was The Bull at Arborfield;strangely we found sevveral staff who spoke
fluent French and had French accents; however, we neither saw or heard
anything of `Kenton or Jolene.
We went to the Fisherman's Cottage[1], not for the first time. The food
is Spanish (Pie-Ella and Tap-Arse), the waitress, French. Gracias
beaucoup, silver-plate Senora.

[1] In Newtown, by the Kennet, in the 'Ding. It's quite good.

Cheers
Clive
krw
2017-10-07 10:43:18 UTC
Turns out that the pub we went to at the invitation of our French friends
was The Bull at Arborfield;strangely we found sevveral staff who spoke
fluent French and had French accents; however, we neither saw or heard
anything of `Kenton or Jolene.
We went to the Fisherman's Cottage[1], not for the first time.  The food
is Spanish (Pie-Ella and Tap-Arse), the waitress, French.  Gracias
beaucoup, silver-plate Senora.
[1] In Newtown, by the Kennet, in the 'Ding.  It's quite good.
By some odd co-incidence we also ate out last night at the Beehive in
White Waltham (May home territory). Sadly disappointed. Extravagantly
good write up in Good Food Guide but our experience did not match the
reports.

To keep wofe happy waiting staff should be capable of explaining the
food to be served; the description of the grouse did not match what was
delivered. My wife was put off by the description so did not order,
just as well as she probably would have struggled to eat it as it was
too rare for her. My starter rabbit lasagne was good - but tepid and I
would say the grouse was not as hot as I would have liked - getting cold
by the end of eating it which I always find disappointing. Wofe was far
from happy with her fish, chips were good however.

Decent sized portions - but somehow not quite there overall.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Chris McMillan
2017-10-07 10:45:56 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by Mike
Turns out that the pub we went to at the invitation of our French friends
was The Bull at Arborfield;strangely we found sevveral staff who spoke
fluent French and had French accents; however, we neither saw or heard
anything of `Kenton or Jolene.
We went to the Fisherman's Cottage[1], not for the first time. The food
is Spanish (Pie-Ella and Tap-Arse), the waitress, French. Gracias
beaucoup, silver-plate Senora.
[1] In Newtown, by the Kennet, in the 'Ding. It's quite good.
Cheers
Have been in there but not in moddun times.