Farming today
2017-05-03 20:58:19 UTC
They were talking about funding from the Eu to improve the land and
bring it back from bad condition and that this is now not continuing
and the paperwork and conditions to get funding changed so the farmer
would have to plough up the excellent land he's cultivated with wild
flowers etc and replant with the same. It was stupid changes in
regulations. I wonder if that applies to th herbal leys?

And the other day a farming programme said planting trees was
supported by funding and being able to sell the wood. If they can't
run the cows they were going to maybe they can plant trees on the land
and Pip could help Adam.
2017-05-03 21:09:19 UTC
Post by Vicky
They were talking about funding from the Eu to improve the land and
bring it back from bad condition and that this is now not continuing
and the paperwork and conditions to get funding changed so the farmer
would have to plough up the excellent land he's cultivated with wild
flowers etc and replant with the same. It was stupid changes in
regulations. I wonder if that applies to th herbal leys?
And the other day a farming programme said planting trees was
supported by funding and being able to sell the wood. If they can't
run the cows they were going to maybe they can plant trees on the land
and Pip could help Adam.
Had we voted remain, the better option might have been just to take the
financial benefit of doing nothing with farmland and graciously accepting
the subsidy.
--
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting