Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - week ending 7th July 2017
2017-07-03 00:00:00 UTC

Cast :
Jill Archer - Patricia Greene
Pat Archer - Patricia Gallimore
Tom Archer - William Troughton
Brian Aldridge - Charles Collingwood
Jennifer Aldridge - Angela Piper
Phoebe Aldridge - Lucy Morris
Christine Barford - Lesley Saweard
Lilian Bellamy - Sunny Ormonde
PC Harrison Burns - James Cartwright
Neil Carter - Brian Hewlett
Matt Crawford - Kim Durham
Justin Elliott - Simon Williams
Rex Fairbrother - Nick Barber
Will Grundy - Philip Molloy
Fallon Rogers - Joanna Van Kampen
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Roy Tucker - Ian Pepperell
Peggy Woolley - June Spencer
Latif Hussain - Alex Caan

Series Editor : Huw Kennair-Jones
Director : Marina Caldarone
Writer : Simon Frith

Spoilers:
Sunday 2nd - Harrison's scheme is uncovered, and Tom clears the air.
Monday 3rd - Lynda sticks to her guns, and Matt wants everything to be
right.
Tuesday 4th - Will tries to gather support, and Brian makes his pitch.
Wednesday 5th - Justin gets the lie of the land, and Pat warns against
probable pitfalls.
Thursday 6th - Jennifer is told not to splash the cash, and Jill finds a
target for her anger.
Friday 7th - Fallon grasps the nettle, while Lynda and Lilian are forced
together.
2017-07-03 00:47:08 UTC
Tuesday 4th - Will tries to gather support, and Brian makes his pitch.
[]
With the roller?

Now, don't worry. We'll be right behind you. Hiding. (First series, fit the
sixth.)
krw
2017-07-03 08:28:31 UTC
Sunday 2nd - Harrison's scheme is uncovered, and Tom clears the air.
Listening to the episode last night where Tom cleared the air can I
raise a few queries?

1. Why does Tom need to clear the air - nothing like that needs saying.

2. I felt his delivery in that scene (and on Friday when talking to
Tony about not spending the money) was clipped, unrealistic and just not
the way people talk. There was no smooth flowing delivery. Is this how
the world talk these days?

3. And talking about Harrison - surely it is very bad behaviour to lie?
We all guessed he was lying - but ethically it is simply not cricket?
tiny.cc/KRWpics
p***@never.here
2017-07-03 08:52:41 UTC
Sunday 2nd - Harrison's scheme is uncovered, and Tom clears the air.
Listening to the episode last night where Tom cleared the air can I
raise a few queries?
1. Why does Tom need to clear the air - nothing like that needs saying.
2. I felt his delivery in that scene (and on Friday when talking to
Tony about not spending the money) was clipped, unrealistic and just not
the way people talk. There was no smooth flowing delivery. Is this how
the world talk these days?
3. And talking about Harrison - surely it is very bad behaviour to lie?
We all guessed he was lying - but ethically it is simply not cricket?
Agreed, and if he is capable of lying about something as serious as
cricket how can one reply on his evidence in his capacity as a Police
Officer.
Pete
Sally Thompson
2017-07-03 10:23:41 UTC
Sunday 2nd - Harrison's scheme is uncovered, and Tom clears the air.
Listening to the episode last night where Tom cleared the air can I
raise a few queries?
2. I felt his delivery in that scene (and on Friday when talking to
Tony about not spending the money) was clipped, unrealistic and just not
the way people talk. There was no smooth flowing delivery. Is this how
the world talk these days?
I have felt this for some time. He always emphasises final consonants, so
"that" is pronounced "tha-T". It's unrealistic and once you notice it it's
difficult to ignore. Perhaps he was told not to swallow his words in drama
school.
2017-07-03 11:32:42 UTC
Sunday 2nd - Harrison's scheme is uncovered, and Tom clears the air.
Listening to the episode last night where Tom cleared the air can I
raise a few queries?
2. I felt his delivery in that scene (and on Friday when talking to
Tony about not spending the money) was clipped, unrealistic and just not
the way people talk. There was no smooth flowing delivery. Is this how
the world talk these days?
I have felt this for some time. He always emphasises final consonants, so
"that" is pronounced "tha-T". It's unrealistic and once you notice it it's
difficult to ignore. Perhaps he was told not to swallow his words in drama
school.
It strikes me it is getting worse. Perhaps it was listening to a couple
of episodes one after another - but Sunday was just nonsense.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Chris J Dixon
2017-07-03 14:12:16 UTC
I have felt this for some time. He always emphasises final consonants, so
"that" is pronounced "tha-T". It's unrealistic and once you notice it it's
difficult to ignore. Perhaps he was told not to swallow his words in drama
school.
Who was the foreign correspondent known for his much emphasised
final consonants?

***@cdixon.me.uk