SANE
Peter Percival
2018-08-05 15:22:27 UTC
Has anyone here tried the SANE diet and if so do they have an opinion
they'd like to share?

One reason I'm interested is that the man who used to be my GP has
recommended it:
https://sanesolution.com/dr-keens-sane-story-sane-eating-is-powerful-medicine/.
Peter Percival
2018-08-05 15:23:12 UTC

Oops! Sorry, wrong newsgroup.
Mike
2018-08-05 15:56:07 UTC
Peter Percival <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Peter Percival wrote:
>> Has anyone here tried the SANE diet and if so do they have an opinion
>> they'd like to share?
>>
>> One reason I'm interested is that the man who used to be my GP has
>> recommended it:
>> https://sanesolution.com/dr-keens-sane-story-sane-eating-is-powerful-medicine/.
>>
> Oops! Sorry, wrong newsgroup.

Not necces celery wrong; almost anything is of interest to somerat or
other, and furthermore, ignorance of a subject is only the start of the
learning curve!

2018-08-05 17:32:46 UTC
On Sun, 05 Aug 2018 15:56:07 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>Peter Percival <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Peter Percival wrote:
>>> Has anyone here tried the SANE diet and if so do they have an opinion
>>> they'd like to share?
>>>
>>> One reason I'm interested is that the man who used to be my GP has
>>> recommended it:
>>> https://sanesolution.com/dr-keens-sane-story-sane-eating-is-powerful-medicine/.
>>>
>> Oops! Sorry, wrong newsgroup.
>>

>Not necces celery wrong; almost anything is of interest to somerat or
>other, and furthermore, ignorance of a subject is only the start of the
>learning curve!

The link did not explain the diet., I googled and it seems to be this
SANE Diet
The diabetic diet is a SANE diet, and the foods you’ll eat on this
plan are delicious and filling. And they will regulate your blood
sugar levels.

The basic SANE food groups are non-starchy vegetables, nutrient-dense
proteins, whole food fats, and low-fructose fruits.

Fill half your plate with non-starchy vegetables, a third of your
plate with nutrient-dense proteins, and the rest of your plate with
whole food fats. Try to eat those three food groups together at each
meal, as they fill you up fast and keep you full longer. This prevents
you from overeating. Plus, the non-starchy vegetables ensure slow
glucose absorption, keeping your blood sugar levels stable.

You can also enjoy 0-3 servings of low-fructose fruits per day.

Here’s a sampling of the foods you can enjoy in each group:

NON-STARCHY VEGETABLES:
10+ servings per day

Asparagus
Artichoke
Bell pepper
Broccoli
Spinach
Onion
NUTRIENT-DENSE PROTEIN
3-5 servings per day (30-50 grams per meal)

Egg whites
Chicken
Cottage cheese
Grass-fed beef
Nonfat Greek yogurt
Salmon
Whole-Food Fats
3-5 servings per day

Almonds
Avocado
Cocoa
Coconut
Flax seeds
Olives
LOW-FRUCTOSE FRUITS
0-3 servings per day

Grapefruit
Acai berries
Lemon
Blueberry
Orange
Peach
Peter Percival
2018-08-05 18:59:17 UTC
Vicky Ayech wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Aug 2018 15:56:07 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Peter Percival <***@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Oops! Sorry, wrong newsgroup.
>>>

>> Not necces celery wrong; almost anything is of interest to somerat or
>> other, and furthermore, ignorance of a subject is only the start of the
>> learning curve!
>
> The link did not explain the diet., I googled and it seems to be this
> SANE Diet
> The diabetic diet is a SANE diet, and the foods you’ll eat on this
> plan are delicious and filling. And they will regulate your blood
> sugar levels.
>
> The basic SANE food groups are non-starchy vegetables, nutrient-dense
> proteins, whole food fats, and low-fructose fruits.
>
> Fill half your plate with non-starchy vegetables, a third of your
> plate with nutrient-dense proteins, and the rest of your plate with
> whole food fats. Try to eat those three food groups together at each
> meal, as they fill you up fast and keep you full longer. This prevents
> you from overeating. Plus, the non-starchy vegetables ensure slow
> glucose absorption, keeping your blood sugar levels stable.
>
> You can also enjoy 0-3 servings of low-fructose fruits per day.
>
> Here’s a sampling of the foods you can enjoy in each group:
>
> NON-STARCHY VEGETABLES:
> 10+ servings per day
>
> Asparagus
> Artichoke
> Bell pepper
> Broccoli
> Spinach
> Onion
> NUTRIENT-DENSE PROTEIN
> 3-5 servings per day (30-50 grams per meal)
>
> Egg whites
> Chicken
> Cottage cheese
> Grass-fed beef
> Nonfat Greek yogurt
> Salmon
> Whole-Food Fats
> 3-5 servings per day
>
> Almonds
> Avocado
> Cocoa
> Coconut
> Flax seeds
> Olives
> LOW-FRUCTOSE FRUITS
> 0-3 servings per day
>
> Grapefruit
> Acai berries

The next item puzzled me. How many people eat three lemons per day?! I
did once know a chap who ate one - for his lunch he would eat a bag of
chips and eat a lemon with them to counteract their greasiness, and (I
kid you not) he would eat a teaspoon full of salt with the lemon to
counteract its sourness.

Mike
2018-08-06 07:42:01 UTC
Peter Percival <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Vicky Ayech wrote:
>> On Sun, 05 Aug 2018 15:56:07 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Not necces celery wrong; almost anything is of interest to somerat or
>>> other, and furthermore, ignorance of a subject is only the start of the
>>> learning curve!
>>
>> The link did not explain the diet., I googled and it seems to be this
>> SANE Diet
>> The diabetic diet is a SANE diet, and the foods you’ll eat on this
>> plan are delicious and filling. And they will regulate your blood
>> sugar levels.
>>
>> The basic SANE food groups are non-starchy vegetables, nutrient-dense
>> proteins, whole food fats, and low-fructose fruits.
>>
>> Fill half your plate with non-starchy vegetables, a third of your
>> plate with nutrient-dense proteins, and the rest of your plate with
>> whole food fats. Try to eat those three food groups together at each
>> meal, as they fill you up fast and keep you full longer. This prevents
>> you from overeating. Plus, the non-starchy vegetables ensure slow
>> glucose absorption, keeping your blood sugar levels stable.
>>
>> You can also enjoy 0-3 servings of low-fructose fruits per day.
>>
>> Here’s a sampling of the foods you can enjoy in each group:
>>
>> NON-STARCHY VEGETABLES:
>> 10+ servings per day
>>
>> Asparagus
>> Artichoke
>> Bell pepper
>> Broccoli
>> Spinach
>> Onion
>> NUTRIENT-DENSE PROTEIN
>> 3-5 servings per day (30-50 grams per meal)
>>
>> Egg whites
>> Chicken
>> Cottage cheese
>> Grass-fed beef
>> Nonfat Greek yogurt
>> Salmon
>> Whole-Food Fats
>> 3-5 servings per day
>>
>> Almonds
>> Avocado
>> Cocoa
>> Coconut
>> Flax seeds
>> Olives
>> LOW-FRUCTOSE FRUITS
>> 0-3 servings per day
>>
>> Grapefruit
>> Acai berries
>
> The next item puzzled me. How many people eat three lemons per day?! I
> did once know a chap who ate one - for his lunch he would eat a bag of
> chips and eat a lemon with them to counteract their greasiness, and (I
> kid you not) he would eat a teaspoon full of salt with the lemon to
> counteract its sourness.
>
>> Lemon
>> Blueberry
>> Orange
>> Peach

There was an old woman who swallowed a fly....

2018-08-06 17:29:28 UTC
On Sun, 05 Aug 2018 18:32:46 +0100, Vicky Ayech

Thanks, Vicky, that's useful to know.
RC Mitchell
2018-08-08 23:04:28 UTC
Peter Percival <***@hotmail.com> writes:

> Has anyone here tried the SANE diet and if so do they have an opinion
> they'd like to share?

The only sane diet is of chocolate, ice cream and cake. And bacon and
black pudding in a Morton's Roll. My opinion is that I entirely approve
of it.

RnT
Sam Plusnet
2018-08-11 21:06:32 UTC
On 09-Aug-18 0:04, RC Mitchell wrote:
> Peter Percival <***@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> Has anyone here tried the SANE diet and if so do they have an opinion
>> they'd like to share?
>
> The only sane diet is of chocolate, ice cream and cake. And bacon and
> black pudding in a Morton's Roll. My opinion is that I entirely approve
> of it.

Objection M'Lud!

The strawberry roulade SWMBO constructed today was an excellent part of
anyone's diet (not that there's much left - it doesn't keep, you know)