Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - week ending 13th October 2017
2017-10-08 13:22:57 UTC

Jim Lloyd - John Rowe
Adam Macy - Andrew Wincott
Kate Madikane - Perdita Avery
Freddie Pargetter - Toby Laurence
Lily Pargetter - Katie Redford
Robert Snell - Graham Blockey
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Philip Moss - Andy Hockley

Director : Peter Leslie Wild / Marina Caldarone (*)
Series Editor : Huw Kennair-Jones
Writer : Keri Davies

Spoilers:
Sunday 8th - Justin is in the dog house, and the Grundys hatch a scheme.
Monday 9th - Emma has help from an unexpected source, and there is bad
news for Alistair.
Tuesday 10th - Lilian finds herself tempted, while David and Ruth worry
about Pip.
Wednesday 11th - Pip makes an embarrassing mistake, and Lily is left
speechless.
Thursday 12th - Helen puts her foot down, and Adam makes a friend.
Friday 13th - Matt stirs the pot, and Philip proves a knight in shining
armour.

-----

(*) RT and the BBC disagree as to who is directing this week

2017-10-08 13:51:45 UTC
Philip Moss    -    Andy Hockley
Is he the readily available builder when everyone else is snowed under?
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Penny
2017-10-08 13:56:51 UTC
On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 14:51:45 +0100, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
Post by krw
Philip Moss    -    Andy Hockley
Is he the readily available builder when everyone else is snowed under?
Only if he's taken over from Jason.
2017-10-08 15:49:18 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Philip Moss    -    Andy Hockley
Is he the readily available builder when everyone else is snowed under?
Only if he's taken over from Jason.
No, some bod came along to work on the stables for the Saint but I umbrella
his name.
2017-10-08 17:07:40 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Philip Moss    -    Andy Hockley
Is he the readily available builder when everyone else is snowed under?
Only if he's taken over from Jason.
No, some bod came along to work on the stables for the Saint but I umbrella
his name.
It was the Kennels wasn't it? Not the Stables?
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Mike
2017-10-08 17:58:29 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Philip Moss    -    Andy Hockley
Is he the readily available builder when everyone else is snowed under?
Only if he's taken over from Jason.
No, some bod came along to work on the stables for the Saint but I umbrella
his name.
It was the Kennels wasn't it? Not the Stables?
Yup, ‘twas, I tried to follow up my misinforming posting but News Tap would
not allow;-(
2017-10-08 18:38:09 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Philip Moss    -    Andy Hockley
Is he the readily available builder when everyone else is snowed under?
Only if he's taken over from Jason.
No, some bod came along to work on the stables for the Saint but I umbrella
his name.
It was the Kennels wasn't it? Not the Stables?
'Ken-nels so it was. I tried to follow up my misinforming posting but News Tap would
not allow;-(
I've fixed your post for you...

2017-10-09 08:55:26 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Philip Moss    -    Andy Hockley
Is he the readily available builder when everyone else is snowed under?
Only if he's taken over from Jason.
No, some bod came along to work on the stables for the Saint but I umbrella
his name.
It was the Kennels wasn't it?  Not the Stables?
'Ken-nels so it was. I tried to follow up my misinforming posting but News Tap would
not allow;-(
I've fixed your post for you...
Nick
Are you a builder now then?
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Mike
2017-10-09 10:56:46 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Philip Moss    -    Andy Hockley
Is he the readily available builder when everyone else is snowed under?
Only if he's taken over from Jason.
No, some bod came along to work on the stables for the Saint but I umbrella
his name.
It was the Kennels wasn't it?  Not the Stables?
'Ken-nels so it was. I tried to follow up my misinforming posting but News Tap would
not allow;-(
I've fixed your post for you...
Nick
Are you a builder now then?
No, I always walk with this gait...
2017-10-09 11:01:30 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
Philip Moss    -    Andy Hockley
Is he the readily available builder when everyone else is snowed under?
Only if he's taken over from Jason.
No, some bod came along to work on the stables for the Saint but I umbrella
his name.
It was the Kennels wasn't it?  Not the Stables?
'Ken-nels so it was. I tried to follow up my misinforming posting but News Tap would
not allow;-(
I've fixed your post for you...
Nick
Are you a builder now then?
At this precise moment[1] I'm playing at being an electrician. I think
one of the array of CFL lights in the kitchen is faulty and sending
unexpected pulses to the other ones in the chain. Is that even possible?
So, like fairy lights, I'm trying to find the miscreant.

Nick

[1]Not that precise: at this PRECISE moment I'm writing to umra
krw
2017-10-09 12:42:05 UTC
I'm playing at being an electrician.
That reminds me - there is a bulb blown in the bathroom. I must go and
see if it is fixable by me or if we need an electrician.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Nick Odell
2017-10-09 13:22:27 UTC
I'm playing at being an electrician.
That reminds me - there is a bulb blown in the bathroom.  I must go and
see if it is fixable by me or if we need an electrician.
I'm sure it will be fixable by you - according to this article it's
young people who have difficulty with tasks like that

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/oct/03/chores-forgotten-how-to-do-changing-lightbulb-fuse-box

Nick
PS - Loose wire in the two-way switch now tightened up. Sorted.
krw
2017-10-09 13:37:07 UTC
I'm playing at being an electrician.
That reminds me - there is a bulb blown in the bathroom.  I must go
and see if it is fixable by me or if we need an electrician.
I'm sure it will be fixable by you - according to this article it's
young people who have difficulty with tasks like that
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/oct/03/chores-forgotten-how-to-do-changing-lightbulb-fuse-box
Nick
PS - Loose wire in the two-way switch now tightened up. Sorted.
I changed the bulb but it is still not turning on. So it will need an
electrician.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Mike
2017-10-09 14:00:30 UTC
I'm playing at being an electrician.
That reminds me - there is a bulb blown in the bathroom.  I must go
and see if it is fixable by me or if we need an electrician.
I'm sure it will be fixable by you - according to this article it's
young people who have difficulty with tasks like that
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/oct/03/chores-forgotten-how-to-do-changing-lightbulb-fuse-box
Nick
PS - Loose wire in the two-way switch now tightened up. Sorted.
I changed the bulb but it is still not turning on. So it will need an
electrician.
I don’t think I am really dim but, why did I find that illuminating ?
2017-10-09 14:41:42 UTC
I'm playing at being an electrician.
That reminds me - there is a bulb blown in the bathroom.  I must go
and see if it is fixable by me or if we need an electrician.
I'm sure it will be fixable by you - according to this article it's
young people who have difficulty with tasks like that
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/oct/03/chores-forgotten-how-to-do-changing-lightbulb-fuse-box
Nick
PS - Loose wire in the two-way switch now tightened up. Sorted.
I changed the bulb but it is still not turning on. So it will need an
electrician.
I don’t think I am really dim but, why did I find that illuminating ?
That's a lead-in question.

***@cdixon.me.uk
I was following this thread, but now I've switched off.
Sid Nuncius
2017-10-09 17:44:37 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
I'm playing at being an electrician.
That reminds me - there is a bulb blown in the bathroom.  I must go
and see if it is fixable by me or if we need an electrician.
I'm sure it will be fixable by you - according to this article it's
young people who have difficulty with tasks like that
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/oct/03/chores-forgotten-how-to-do-changing-lightbulb-fuse-box
Nick
PS - Loose wire in the two-way switch now tightened up. Sorted.
I changed the bulb but it is still not turning on.  So it will need an
electrician.
I don’t think I am really dim but, why did I find that illuminating ?
That's a lead-in question.
I was following this thread, but now I've switched off.
It's important to keep up with current affairs, Brritski.
2017-10-09 17:49:12 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
PS - Loose wire in the two-way switch now tightened up. Sorted.
I changed the bulb but it is still not turning on. So it will need an
electrician.
I don’t think I am really dim but, why did I find that illuminating ?
That's a lead-in question.
I was following this thread, but now I've switched off.
It's important to keep up with current affairs, Brritski.
But try to remain neutral during live coverage.
2017-10-09 17:58:05 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
I'm playing at being an electrician.
That reminds me - there is a bulb blown in the bathroom.  I must go
and see if it is fixable by me or if we need an electrician.
I'm sure it will be fixable by you - according to this article it's
young people who have difficulty with tasks like that
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/oct/03/chores-forgotten-how-to-do-changing-lightbulb-fuse-box
Nick
PS - Loose wire in the two-way switch now tightened up. Sorted.
I changed the bulb but it is still not turning on.  So it will need an
electrician.
I don’t think I am really dim but, why did I find that illuminating ?
That's a lead-in question.
I was following this thread, but now I've switched off.
It's important to keep up with current affairs, Brritski.
One should always leave amp’le time for this when you get ohm in the
evening.
For that I get a weekly cable MOPMOB.
Sid Nuncius
2017-10-10 07:16:27 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
I'm playing at being an electrician.
That reminds me - there is a bulb blown in the bathroom.  I must go
and see if it is fixable by me or if we need an electrician.
I'm sure it will be fixable by you - according to this article it's
young people who have difficulty with tasks like that
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/oct/03/chores-forgotten-how-to-do-changing-lightbulb-fuse-box
Nick
PS - Loose wire in the two-way switch now tightened up. Sorted.
I changed the bulb but it is still not turning on.  So it will need an
electrician.
I don’t think I am really dim but, why did I find that illuminating ?
That's a lead-in question.
I was following this thread, but now I've switched off.
It's important to keep up with current affairs, Brritski.
For that I get a weekly cable MOPMOB.
Ohm. My. God. (As I understand young persons say nowadays.)
Resistance is futile (but young persons is revolting).
Sid Nuncius
2017-10-10 08:54:59 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
[...]
Watts stopping you inducing them to transform?
2017-10-10 09:00:19 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
[...]
They are not easily LED.
2017-10-10 09:34:09 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
[...]
I’m rather reluctant as I don’t think I have the capacity, try again later
in the week, perhaps on Faraday.
They just say I'm winding them up - we're poles apart.
Mike
2017-10-10 11:08:37 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
[...]
A.C. Watt you mean now!
All they're interested in are DC comics.
Mike
2017-10-10 13:38:01 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Mike
I changed the bulb but it is still not turning on.  So it will
need an electrician.
I don’t think I am really dim but, why did I find that illuminating ?
That's a lead-in question.
I was following this thread, but now I've switched off.
It's important to keep up with current affairs, Brritski.
For that I get a weekly cable MOPMOB.
Ohm. My. God.  (As I understand young persons say nowadays.)
Resistance is futile (but young persons is revolting).
Watts stopping you inducing them to transform?
They just say I'm winding them up - we're poles apart.
A.C. Watt you mean now!
All they're interested in are DC comics.
I’ll have to rectify that!
2017-10-10 17:32:53 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Mike
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Mike
I changed the bulb but it is still not turning on.  So it will
need an electrician.
I don’t think I am really dim but, why did I find that illuminating ?
That's a lead-in question.
I was following this thread, but now I've switched off.
It's important to keep up with current affairs, Brritski.
For that I get a weekly cable MOPMOB.
Ohm. My. God.  (As I understand young persons say nowadays.)
Resistance is futile (but young persons is revolting).
Watts stopping you inducing them to transform?
They just say I'm winding them up - we're poles apart.
A.C. Watt you mean now!
All they're interested in are DC comics.
I’ll have to rectify that!
Can you really bridge the gap?
(I bet the non-physicists are *loving * this thread!)
2017-10-10 17:50:57 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Mike
I changed the bulb but it is still not turning on.  So it will
need an electrician.
I don’t think I am really dim but, why did I find that illuminating ?
That's a lead-in question.
I was following this thread, but now I've switched off.
It's important to keep up with current affairs, Brritski.
For that I get a weekly cable MOPMOB.
Ohm. My. God.  (As I understand young persons say nowadays.)
Resistance is futile (but young persons is revolting).
Watts stopping you inducing them to transform?
They just say I'm winding them up - we're poles apart.
A.C. Watt you mean now!
All they're interested in are DC comics.
I’ll have to rectify that!
Can you really bridge the gap?
(I bet the non-physicists are *loving * this thread!)
Excuse me for a while, we are low on bread flour and I need to turn the
wheat stone for a while.
2017-10-11 00:38:25 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
On 09/10/2017 14:22, Nick Odell wrote; my response is
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Mike
[...]
Fsck! Somebody beat me to Wheatstone and I'd been alternating for ages.
2017-10-10 17:51:46 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
I changed the bulb but it is still not turning on. So it
will need an electrician.
I don’t think I am really dim but, why did I find that
illuminating ?
That's a lead-in question.
I was following this thread, but now I've switched off.
It's important to keep up with current affairs, Brritski.
For that I get a weekly cable MOPMOB.
Ohm. My. God. (As I understand young persons say nowadays.)
Resistance is futile (but young persons is revolting).
Watts stopping you inducing them to transform?
They just say I'm winding them up - we're poles apart.
A.C. Watt you mean now!
All they're interested in are DC comics.
I’ll have to rectify that!
Can you really bridge the gap?
(I bet the non-physicists are *loving * this thread!)
They're too busy shortening their tedious poems about the late princess of
Wales. They're a' bridging their Di odes.
2017-10-10 18:16:31 UTC
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Chris J Dixon
On 09/10/2017 14:22, Nick Odell wrote; my response is lower
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Mike
[...]
But would they have the capacity for a smooth output?
2017-10-10 18:47:30 UTC
Post by Nick Odell
[...]
They might be susceptible, just wait a mho.

***@cdixon.me.uk
2017-10-10 21:08:21 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Nick Odell
[...]
Have we got a complete circuit yet?
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Nick Odell
2017-10-10 21:19:44 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Nick Odell
[...]
I think we are just short of achieving that.

2017-10-11 07:41:30 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Nick Odell
[...]
We'll never get to Mornington Crescent at the current rate. The
conductor's really fed up and he's normally such a live wire.
Chris J Dixon
2017-10-11 07:50:00 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Nick Odell
[...]
Something must be impeding his progress, perhaps he needs a
bigger bus.

***@cdixon.me.uk
2017-10-11 08:47:15 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Nick Odell
[...]
Looking at histories-is usually a good idea, but now everything is in a
state of flux.
2017-10-11 10:01:36 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Nick Odell
[...]
According to the papers these days everyone wants to be a trans-sister.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Mike
2017-10-11 10:26:55 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Nick Odell
[...]
With this thread getting ever longer without the snips being applied, one
is beginning to wonder if anyone is losing their temper-at-your attempts to
turn up the thermostat.
2017-10-11 12:24:44 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Nick Odell
[...]
I wouldn't FET about it if I were you.

2017-10-11 12:40:46 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Nick Odell
[...]
I’ll just keep chipping away at it then.
2017-10-11 10:42:12 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Nick Odell
[...]
What a base suggestion!
2017-10-11 10:54:30 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by Jim Easterbrook
Post by Nick Odell
[...]
I think someone should collect-or of these, I must emit, the list is
gaining strength and is not of amp-le proportions, should we make one more
attempt to ramp it up even further?
2017-10-10 07:44:33 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
[...]
I try to resist it personally.
2017-10-09 14:58:35 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
I'm playing at being an electrician.
That reminds me - there is a bulb blown in the bathroom.  I must go
and see if it is fixable by me or if we need an electrician.
I'm sure it will be fixable by you - according to this article it's
young people who have difficulty with tasks like that
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/oct/03/chores-forgotten-how-to-do-changing-lightbulb-fuse-box
Nick
PS - Loose wire in the two-way switch now tightened up. Sorted.
I changed the bulb but it is still not turning on. So it will need an
electrician.
I don’t think I am really dim but, why did I find that illuminating ?
That's a lead-in question.
Chris
I can see you are in your element here.
2017-10-09 13:58:56 UTC
I'm playing at being an electrician.
That reminds me - there is a bulb blown in the bathroom.  I must go and
see if it is fixable by me or if we need an electrician.
I'm sure it will be fixable by you - according to this article it's
young people who have difficulty with tasks like that
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/oct/03/chores-forgotten-how-to-do-changing-lightbulb-fuse-box
Nick
PS - Loose wire in the two-way switch now tightened up. Sorted.
A friend was giving me a quick demo of the Amazonian who goes by the name
of ‘Alexa’ last week; he requested a joke and forth came a question about
hoŵ many cats it took to screw in a light bulb....
2017-10-09 16:48:41 UTC
I'm playing at being an electrician.
That reminds me - there is a bulb blown in the bathroom.  I must go and
see if it is fixable by me or if we need an electrician.
I'm sure it will be fixable by you - according to this article it's
young people who have difficulty with tasks like that
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/oct/03/chores-forgotten-how-to-do-changing-lightbulb-fuse-box
Nick
PS - Loose wire in the two-way switch now tightened up. Sorted.
A friend was giving me a quick demo of the Amazonian who goes by the name
of ‘Alexa’ last week; he requested a joke and forth came a question about
hoŵ many cats it took to screw in a light bulb....
And was not remotely funny. Actually I think the voice and jokes is
probably more appealing to children.

2017-10-09 13:56:14 UTC
dust...
Post by krw
[...]
But your postings are so electrifying;-)
2017-10-09 17:00:28 UTC
Post by carolet
Sunday 8th - Justin is in the dog house, and the Grundys hatch a scheme.
Monday 9th - Emma has help from an unexpected source, and there is bad
news for Alistair.
Tuesday 10th - Lilian finds herself tempted, while David and Ruth worry
about Pip.
Wednesday 11th - Pip makes an embarrassing mistake, and Lily is left
speechless.
Thursday 12th - Helen puts her foot down, and Adam makes a friend.
Friday 13th - Matt stirs the pot, and Philip proves a knight in shining
armour.
Sincerely Chris
Wot?! Matt is doing drugs or ‘dealing’ as well???