Who's yer daddy?
2017-05-15 08:43:36 UTC
Is there any chance Brian fathered Toby? He seems to take after him.
Except that Brian is a successful bastard and Toby a stupid one as
well as a PITA.
2017-05-15 10:18:00 UTC
Post by Vicky
Is there any chance Brian fathered Toby? He seems to take after him.
Except that Brian is a successful bastard and Toby a stupid one as
well as a PITA.
Robin is the father. I rather hoped he might return and woo Lizzie
again. I suspect he could adopt similar Nigel like activities which are
overlooked - cycling, green weddings, all the wine growing and so on.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Marjorie
2017-05-15 10:22:57 UTC
Post by Vicky
Is there any chance Brian fathered Toby? He seems to take after him.
Except that Brian is a successful bastard and Toby a stupid one as
well as a PITA.
Brian is much smarter and funnier than Toby, and would never have got
himself into this mess. The father, Robin Fairbrother, is the one with
the Ambridge connections, so it seem unlikely that Brian would have
known the mother.
--
Marjorie

To reply, replace dontusethisaddress with marje

---
http://www.avg.com
Chris J Dixon
2017-05-15 12:28:03 UTC
Post by Marjorie
Brian is much smarter and funnier than Toby, and would never have got
himself into this mess. The father, Robin Fairbrother, is the one with
the Ambridge connections, so it seem unlikely that Brian would have
known the mother.
For a moment there, I read that as a reference to TNMF, and
wondered what I had missed since I stopped listening.

***@cdixon.me.uk
2017-05-15 19:39:36 UTC
Post by Vicky
Is there any chance Brian fathered Toby? He seems to take after him.
Except that Brian is a successful bastard and Toby a stupid one as
well as a PITA.
No, I don't see much similarity. Toby seems to me closest to Kenton, pre
Kenton's PTF a couple of years ago. The happy-go-lucky aspects have
echoes of Nigel, but none of the lovableness (except, inexplicably*, in
Pip's eyes).

* Well, _some_ of that was just her reaction against her family's
reaction to Toby, but I think she eventually convinced at least herself
that some of it was genuine.

"He who will not reason is a bigot;
he who cannot is a fool;
he who dares not is a slave."
- Sir William Drummond

Above all things, use your mind.
Don't be that bigot, fool, or slave.
Btms
2017-05-15 20:23:13 UTC
Post by Vicky
Is there any chance Brian fathered Toby? He seems to take after him.
Except that Brian is a successful bastard and Toby a stupid one as
well as a PITA.
No, I don't see much similarity. Toby seems to me closest to Kenton, pre
Kenton's PTF a couple of years ago. The happy-go-lucky aspects have
echoes of Nigel, but none of the lovableness (except, inexplicably*, in
Pip's eyes).
* Well, _some_ of that was just her reaction against her family's
reaction to Toby, but I think she eventually convinced at least herself
that some of it was genuine.
Well, Toby is fun and though being irresponsible is not unique in Ambridge,
there are few, if any, folk I recognise as being fun.