UMRA birthday info for 17 February 2017
Birthday Monitor
2017-02-17 07:27:26 UTC
Birthday News for today, 17 February: Philippa Rose Archer.
p***@never.here
2017-02-17 10:21:43 UTC
On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 07:27:26 +0000 (UTC), Birthday Monitor
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 17 February: Philippa Rose Archer.
I wonder whether Toby has made any plans to celebrate her birthday.
Pete
Mike McMillan
2017-02-17 10:32:38 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 17 February: Philippa Rose Archer.
I wonder whether Toby has made any plans to celebrate her birthday.
Nugger off to Brighton on his own?
2017-02-17 18:10:58 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 17 February: Philippa Rose Archer.
I wonder whether Toby has made any plans to celebrate her birthday.
Don't think he's in the current week is he?

2017-02-17 19:17:11 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 17 February: Philippa Rose Archer.
I wonder whether Toby has made any plans to celebrate her birthday.
Don't think he's in the current week is he?
Sincerely Chris
So he may be in Brighton? I don't think it is an ex girlfriend but more an
ex wofe who isn't officially ex.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Penny
2017-02-17 19:53:30 UTC
On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 19:17:11 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
So he may be in Brighton? I don't think it is an ex girlfriend but more an
ex wofe who isn't officially ex.
You've stopped listening again, haven't you?
2017-02-17 20:01:16 UTC
So he may be in Brighton? I don't think it is an ex girlfriend but more an
ex wofe who isn't officially ex.
You've stopped listening again, haven't you?
No. I was travelling yesterday but up to date otherwise.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
krw
2017-02-17 22:20:08 UTC
So he may be in Brighton? I don't think it is an ex girlfriend but more an
ex wofe who isn't officially ex.
You've stopped listening again, haven't you?
No. I was travelling yesterday but up to date otherwise.
We were told last week it is druggy ex who overdosed and according to
social media is probably HIV positive.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Mike McMillan
2017-02-17 23:14:41 UTC
So he may be in Brighton? I don't think it is an ex girlfriend but more an
ex wofe who isn't officially ex.
You've stopped listening again, haven't you?
No. I was travelling yesterday but up to date otherwise.
We were told last week it is druggy ex who overdosed and according to
social media is probably HIV positive.
Which is being passed on to Pip as they sleep.....
2017-02-18 08:42:25 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
So he may be in Brighton? I don't think it is an ex girlfriend but more an
ex wofe who isn't officially ex.
You've stopped listening again, haven't you?
No. I was travelling yesterday but up to date otherwise.
We were told last week it is druggy ex who overdosed and according to
social media is probably HIV positive.
Which is being passed on to Pip as they sleep.....
Ooooah Noooah. Sounds like a SoC idea. Who will rid us of this
troublesome influence..... he is like bad fish and the smell hangs around
after having left the room.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Btms
2017-02-18 08:42:25 UTC
So he may be in Brighton? I don't think it is an ex girlfriend but more an
ex wofe who isn't officially ex.
You've stopped listening again, haven't you?
No. I was travelling yesterday but up to date otherwise.
We were told last week it is druggy ex who overdosed and according to
social media is probably HIV positive.
I heard it was an ex girlfriend not actual wofe. Didnt hear about being
hiv positive either. Perhaps I missed an episode? It was a busy week.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
krw
2017-02-18 13:48:38 UTC
So he may be in Brighton? I don't think it is an ex girlfriend but more an
ex wofe who isn't officially ex.
You've stopped listening again, haven't you?
No. I was travelling yesterday but up to date otherwise.
We were told last week it is druggy ex who overdosed and according to
social media is probably HIV positive.
I heard it was an ex girlfriend not actual wofe. Didnt hear about being
hiv positive either. Perhaps I missed an episode? It was a busy week.
Ex can mean both. Only social media thinks she is HIV positive (is HIV
a positive, it strikes me as being very negative). That was not said.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Btms
2017-02-18 14:52:58 UTC
So he may be in Brighton? I don't think it is an ex girlfriend but more an
ex wofe who isn't officially ex.
You've stopped listening again, haven't you?
No. I was travelling yesterday but up to date otherwise.
We were told last week it is druggy ex who overdosed and according to
social media is probably HIV positive.
I heard it was an ex girlfriend not actual wofe. Didnt hear about being
hiv positive either. Perhaps I missed an episode? It was a busy week.
Ex can mean both. Only social media thinks she is HIV positive (is HIV
a positive, it strikes me as being very negative). That was not said.
So not me he stopped listening. All this is what I heard. I thought the
way she was described excluded the suggestion of her being a wofe. rex
spokeof the crowd bro mixed with as I recall.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Chris McMillan
2017-02-18 16:54:25 UTC
So he may be in Brighton? I don't think it is an ex girlfriend but more an
ex wofe who isn't officially ex.
You've stopped listening again, haven't you?
No. I was travelling yesterday but up to date otherwise.
We were told last week it is druggy ex who overdosed and according to
social media is probably HIV positive.
I heard it was an ex girlfriend not actual wofe. Didnt hear about being
hiv positive either. Perhaps I missed an episode? It was a busy week.
Ex can mean both. Only social media thinks she is HIV positive (is HIV
a positive, it strikes me as being very negative). That was not said.
She did ask Rex, he wouldn't spill the beans.

2017-02-19 11:24:41 UTC
She did ask Rex, he wouldn't spill the beans.
Rex has not been asked since Toby told her the facts - she should subtly
check them was the point I was making.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Fenny
2017-02-19 13:06:34 UTC
She did ask Rex, he wouldn't spill the beans.
Rex has not been asked since Toby told her the facts - she should subtly
check them was the point I was making.
Rex's view is that it's not up to him to say anything and if Toby
won't, Pip needs to know that Toby won't.

TBH, I agree with him. The relationship between Pip and Toby has to
be based on something concrete and she can't go running to Rex every
time Toby is a pillock. If Pip wants more information/confirmation
about Toby's past, Toby is the person who needs to tell her. If she
doesn't believe or trust that he's told her everything, what she does
next is up to her.
2017-02-19 14:43:37 UTC
Post by Fenny
She did ask Rex, he wouldn't spill the beans.
Rex has not been asked since Toby told her the facts - she should subtly
check them was the point I was making.
Rex's view is that it's not up to him to say anything and if Toby
won't, Pip needs to know that Toby won't.
TBH, I agree with him. The relationship between Pip and Toby has to
be based on something concrete and she can't go running to Rex every
time Toby is a pillock. If Pip wants more information/confirmation
about Toby's past, Toby is the person who needs to tell her. If she
doesn't believe or trust that he's told her everything, what she does
next is up to her.
But there are ways of talking to Rex about what Toby has told her - she
can say Toby has told her all about Brighton now and but would like to
know what sort of girl the ex was etc.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Fenny
2017-02-19 17:04:03 UTC
Post by Fenny
TBH, I agree with him. The relationship between Pip and Toby has to
be based on something concrete and she can't go running to Rex every
time Toby is a pillock. If Pip wants more information/confirmation
about Toby's past, Toby is the person who needs to tell her. If she
doesn't believe or trust that he's told her everything, what she does
next is up to her.
But there are ways of talking to Rex about what Toby has told her - she
can say Toby has told her all about Brighton now and but would like to
know what sort of girl the ex was etc.
Some people don't do gossip. Rex likes Pip, but I don't think he
wants to split her and Toby up by his own actions. He needs for her
to decide on her own.
2017-02-19 17:16:57 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by krw
Post by Fenny
TBH, I agree with him. The relationship between Pip and Toby has to
be based on something concrete and she can't go running to Rex every
time Toby is a pillock. If Pip wants more information/confirmation
about Toby's past, Toby is the person who needs to tell her. If she
doesn't believe or trust that he's told her everything, what she does
next is up to her.
But there are ways of talking to Rex about what Toby has told her - she
can say Toby has told her all about Brighton now and but would like to
know what sort of girl the ex was etc.
Some people don't do gossip. Rex likes Pip, but I don't think he
wants to split her and Toby up by his own actions. He needs for her
to decide on her own.
Not sure how Rex saying what he thinks equates to gossip.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Penny
2017-02-19 17:38:33 UTC
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:16:57 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
Post by Fenny
Post by krw
Post by Fenny
TBH, I agree with him. The relationship between Pip and Toby has to
be based on something concrete and she can't go running to Rex every
time Toby is a pillock. If Pip wants more information/confirmation
about Toby's past, Toby is the person who needs to tell her. If she
doesn't believe or trust that he's told her everything, what she does
next is up to her.
But there are ways of talking to Rex about what Toby has told her - she
can say Toby has told her all about Brighton now and but would like to
know what sort of girl the ex was etc.
Some people don't do gossip. Rex likes Pip, but I don't think he
wants to split her and Toby up by his own actions. He needs for her
to decide on her own.
Not sure how Rex saying what he thinks equates to gossip.
Isn't that the definition of gossip?
Speculation and opinion, often ill-informed and not based upon fact.
Rather like far too much of 'the news'.
2017-02-19 19:29:24 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by krw
Post by Fenny
[...]
Well, the definition is connected to the word gospel iirc so speculation is
not gossip, necessarily. I notice much of what is described as gossip is
none of those things described above. It is often fact based and well
informed. Gossip is not always associated with negative statements.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Penny
2017-02-19 20:50:40 UTC
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 19:29:24 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
Isn't that the definition of gossip?
Speculation and opinion, often ill-informed and not based upon fact.
Rather like far too much of 'the news'.
Well, the definition is connected to the word gospel iirc so speculation is
not gossip, necessarily. I notice much of what is described as gossip is
none of those things described above. It is often fact based and well
informed. Gossip is not always associated with negative statements.
So if we both change 'often' to 'sometimes' we might be in agreement?
2017-02-19 21:17:00 UTC
Isn't that the definition of gossip?
Speculation and opinion, often ill-informed and not based upon fact.
Rather like far too much of 'the news'.
Well, the definition is connected to the word gospel iirc so speculation is
not gossip, necessarily. I notice much of what is described as gossip is
none of those things described above. It is often fact based and well
informed. Gossip is not always associated with negative statements.
So if we both change 'often' to 'sometimes' we might be in agreement?
We might be indeed.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Mike McMillan
2017-02-19 22:50:44 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by krw
Post by Fenny
[...]
Like Freddy getting an A in maths...
2017-02-19 19:41:44 UTC
Isn't that the definition of gossip?
Speculation and opinion, often ill-informed and not based upon fact.
Rather like far too much of 'the news'.
Exactly. I don't think Rex knows Toby's friends very well, so
anything he could tell Pip would be mostly hearsay. Even if he does
know them, she wants to know his opinions, which is what gossip is.
2017-02-19 19:51:58 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by Penny
Isn't that the definition of gossip?
Speculation and opinion, often ill-informed and not based upon fact.
Rather like far too much of 'the news'.
Exactly. I don't think Rex knows Toby's friends very well, so
anything he could tell Pip would be mostly hearsay. Even if he does
know them, she wants to know his opinions, which is what gossip is.
If Toby is married it is a fact. Personally, I don't think Pip should ask
Rex as it places him in a difficult position but if he knows things for a
fact it is not gossip within the definition of it being hearsay.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Fenny
2017-02-19 21:22:43 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by Penny
Isn't that the definition of gossip?
Speculation and opinion, often ill-informed and not based upon fact.
Rather like far too much of 'the news'.
Exactly. I don't think Rex knows Toby's friends very well, so
anything he could tell Pip would be mostly hearsay. Even if he does
know them, she wants to know his opinions, which is what gossip is.
If Toby is married it is a fact. Personally, I don't think Pip should ask
Rex as it places him in a difficult position but if he knows things for a
fact it is not gossip within the definition of it being hearsay.
Why does everyone keep thinking that Toby is married to this woman?
There is absolutely no evidence to support this theory. Yet the
speculation continues.

If Rex knew they were married, he would have told Pip. That is not
gossip, it's fact.

If they were married, why would Toby not be there with her? He may be
a complete waster, but why not be a complete waster in the place where
his waster friends are?

This is what gossip is - it's taking something, running with it and
making 2+2 = 967 based on nothing more than a feeling about things and
an awful lot of opinion. Susan Carter would be proud.
2017-02-19 21:32:20 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by Btms
Post by Fenny
Post by Penny
[...]
But given this is fiction, the programme people want us to speculate. This
is why they create these stories and tease us with mixed messages. We try
to anticipate where they are going and reject the red herrings. The RT
teasers are the same.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
steveski
2017-02-20 00:47:39 UTC
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 21:22:43 +0000, Fenny wrote:

[]
Post by Fenny
This is what gossip is - it's taking something, running with it and
making 2+2 = 967
2 + 2 = 5 (for large enough values of 2).
2017-02-20 16:45:44 UTC
Post by Fenny
This is what gossip is - it's taking something, running with it and
making 2+2 = 967
2 + 2 = 5 (for large enough values of 2).
2.25 + 2.25 will get you there. Bl***y rounding differences.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
steveski
2017-02-20 17:46:53 UTC
Post by Fenny
This is what gossip is - it's taking something, running with it and
making 2+2 = 967
2 + 2 = 5 (for large enough values of 2).
2.25 + 2.25 will get you there. Bl***y rounding differences.
That's exactly what I meant.
2017-02-20 22:39:34 UTC
Post by Fenny
This is what gossip is - it's taking something, running with it and
making 2+2 = 967
2 + 2 = 5 (for large enough values of 2).
2.25 + 2.25 will get you there. Bl***y rounding differences.
That's exactly what I meant.
Oh I worked it out - but was afraid others may not.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Btms
2017-02-20 22:47:08 UTC
Post by Fenny
This is what gossip is - it's taking something, running with it and
making 2+2 = 967
2 + 2 = 5 (for large enough values of 2).
2.25 + 2.25 will get you there. Bl***y rounding differences.
That's exactly what I meant.
Oh I worked it out - but was afraid others may not.
While others didn't try 😏
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
steveski
2017-02-21 00:53:02 UTC
Post by Fenny
This is what gossip is - it's taking something, running with it and
making 2+2 = 967
2 + 2 = 5 (for large enough values of 2).
2.25 + 2.25 will get you there. Bl***y rounding differences.
That's exactly what I meant.
Oh I worked it out - but was afraid others may not.
You underestimate umrats, I think, sir.
2017-02-19 16:52:53 UTC
She did ask Rex, he wouldn't spill the beans.
Rex has not been asked since Toby told her the facts - she should subtly
check them was the point I was making.
Rex is in next week's ......

Sincerely Chris
Peter Percival
2017-02-18 17:56:37 UTC
[...] (is HIV
a positive, it strikes me as being very negative).
HIV infection is liveable with now. In the civilized world anyway. But
then there's the social stigma...
to me what you really mean.
Anne B
2017-02-18 13:46:47 UTC
So he may be in Brighton? I don't think it is an ex girlfriend but more an
ex wofe who isn't officially ex.
You've stopped listening again, haven't you?
No. I was travelling yesterday but up to date otherwise.
We were told last week it is druggy ex who overdosed and according to
social media is probably HIV positive.
But do we actually believe this story?

Anne B
krw
2017-02-18 13:59:12 UTC
Post by Anne B
So he may be in Brighton? I don't think it is an ex girlfriend but more an
ex wofe who isn't officially ex.
You've stopped listening again, haven't you?
No. I was travelling yesterday but up to date otherwise.
We were told last week it is druggy ex who overdosed and according to
social media is probably HIV positive.
But do we actually believe this story?
Anne B
Were I Pip I would find an opportunity to ask Rex about the named female
and what he might know. Has she done so?
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Vicky
2017-02-17 21:26:52 UTC
So he may be in Brighton? I don't think it is an ex girlfriend but more an
ex wofe who isn't officially ex.
You've stopped listening again, haven't you?
I had fallen behind and wasn't keen to catch up but am only 2 days
behind now as I quite liked the idea of Toby not showing to advantage
on Pip''s birthday :). I bet though we've been led astray and he will
turn out to be a reformed person.
2017-02-18 12:02:41 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 17 February: Philippa Rose Archer.
I wonder whether Toby has made any plans to celebrate her birthday.
Don't think he's in the current week is he?
Sincerely Chris
So he may be in Brighton? I don't think it is an ex girlfriend but more an
ex wofe who isn't officially ex.
Who knows! Even the cows and sheep were silent!