Email address
2018-03-23 06:38:14 UTC
Following the historic decision of the Tesco People to leave the email
host market, I have been working hard to secure the best possible deal
for my email.

Texit offers exciting new opportunities for me to forge new
relationships with other providers and an important milestone has been
reached and a significant hurdle crossed today; I can announce that an
exciting new deal on email has been struck, the full details of which
are given in my post headers. Thoserats who sometimes email me directly
may wish to note the change in their address books; for the sake of
continuity, the old rules about the removal of Matron still apply.

My old address will still work during the Implementation Phase, but this
Phase will end on 10th October.

(I shall, of course, be allocating an extra £350 million per week to the
NHS as a result of this historic change.)
2018-03-23 08:39:19 UTC
[...]
But wot about the workers of Gateshead?
2018-03-23 09:16:04 UTC
[...]
You mean the very few Gateshead folk printing the red ones atm on account
of vast majority being printed etc elsewhere? Shabby argument delarue.
2018-03-23 13:07:27 UTC
Following the historic decision of the Tesco People to leave the email
host market, I have been working hard to secure the best possible deal
for my email.
Texit offers exciting new opportunities for me to forge new
relationships with other providers and an important milestone has been
(Took a moment for the penny to drop - at first I thought Texit was the
name of the new email provider Sid had joined, and thus was wondering
why he was posting from a hotmail address!)
But wot about the workers of Gateshead?
What about the workers indeed!

(Some youngrats may think I'm proceeding with the political discussion,
but I think mostrats are old enough to get the reference.)

If you can't construct a coherent argument for the other side, you probably
don't understand your own opinion. - Scott Adams, 2015
steveski
2018-03-23 20:49:58 UTC
Following the historic decision of the Tesco People to leave the email
host market, I have been working hard to secure the best possible deal
for my email.
Texit offers exciting new opportunities for me to forge new
relationships with other providers and an important milestone has been
(Took a moment for the penny to drop - at first I thought Texit was the
name of the new email provider Sid had joined, and thus was wondering
why he was posting from a hotmail address!)
But wot about the workers of Gateshead?
What about the workers indeed!
[]

Wot about the drains in East Grinstead?
2018-03-24 00:20:28 UTC
Following the historic decision of the Tesco People to leave the email
host market, I have been working hard to secure the best possible deal
for my email.
Texit offers exciting new opportunities for me to forge new
relationships with other providers and an important milestone has been
(Took a moment for the penny to drop - at first I thought Texit was the
name of the new email provider Sid had joined, and thus was wondering
why he was posting from a hotmail address!)
But wot about the workers of Gateshead?
What about the workers indeed!
(Some youngrats may think I'm proceeding with the political discussion,
but I think mostrats are old enough to get the reference.)
I rather think allrats are old enough to get the reference and any
reference to Young Rats in that Wikipedia article could be claimed as
"Fake Noos" and would deserve any editing out that it receives.

2018-03-24 02:32:04 UTC
[...]
Nick
My edit seems to have survived so far - at least, I marked the page as
"watch", and haven't received any emails yet.

As for the workers ...

"Bother,"saidPoohwhenhisspacebarrefusedtowork.
Rosalind Mitchell
2018-03-24 14:13:24 UTC
I rather think allrats are old enough to get the reference and any
reference to Young Rats in that Wikipedia article could be claimed as
"Fake Noos" and would deserve any editing out that it receives.
Although I am familiar with the phrase and its source, I would have
been about three or four at the time and thus almost certainly never
heard the original and won't have remembered if I had.

Does this mean I can count myself a Young Rat?

Rotaa
Rosalind Mitchell
2018-03-23 08:51:22 UTC
[...]
But the really important thing is, will it be blue?

Rotaa
Mike
2018-03-23 08:56:46 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Sid Nuncius
[...]
Sid blue? No never, a more polite well spoken, clean thinking gent you
couldn’t hope to encounter!
2018-03-23 09:18:58 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Sid Nuncius
[...]
Abso-f***ing-lutely!
2018-03-23 09:31:42 UTC
Following the historic decision of the Tesco People to leave the email
host market,
News of this exciting change has yet to reach Kosmo Towers.
2018-04-04 10:47:11 UTC
Following the historic decision of the Tesco People to leave the email
host market,
News of this exciting change has yet to reach Kosmo Towers.
And at last we have been told. Anyway I have been through all the
accounts of which I have a record and I believe they have all now been
told about my new address. Well apart from M&S who tell me I do not
have an account.

That of course are the ones I know.
2018-04-04 12:56:49 UTC
Following the historic decision of the Tesco People to leave the
email host market,
News of this exciting change has yet to reach Kosmo Towers.
And at last we have been told. Anyway I have been through all the
accounts of which I have a record and I believe they have all now been
told about my new address. Well apart from M&S who tell me I do not
have an account.
That of course are the ones I know.
It's worth going through your last year's emails (or further back;
depends on how much time you want to spend!), both in and (if your
system stores copies of) out, seeing who you've missed.

As I said earlier, it's worth keeping a table of when you told people,
and when (or if!) they sent you a new email (_not_ a reply) using the
new address. Some people need telling several times - I found more
private individuals than companies.

"This situation absolutely requires a really futile and stoopid gesture be done
on somebody's part." "We're just the guys to do it." Eric "Otter" Stratton (Tim
Matheson) and John "Bluto" Blutarsky (John Belushi) - N. L's Animal House
(1978)
krw
2018-04-05 13:47:16 UTC
It's worth going through your last year's emails (or further back;
depends on how much time you want to spend!), both in and (if your
system stores copies of) out, seeing who you've missed.
As I said earlier, it's worth keeping a table of when you told people,
and when (or if!) they sent you a new email (_not_ a reply) using the
new address. Some people need telling several times - I found more
private individuals than companies.
Thanks. When I got back this afternoon I spent another couple of hours
on logons, let alone telling people!
2018-03-23 10:47:23 UTC
(I shall, of course, be allocating an extra £350 million per week to the
NHS as a result of this historic change.)
You'll be delighted to learn that I have no less confidence in your
ability to achieve this than I have with that other lot.

2018-03-23 12:02:09 UTC
[...]
Will it work in Northern Ireland?
Steve Hague
2018-03-23 14:48:51 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by Sid Nuncius
[...]
NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!

---
2018-03-23 18:04:41 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by Sid Nuncius
[...]
Not sure.
That's a borderline case.
2018-03-24 08:36:54 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by Sid Nuncius
My old address will still work during the Implementation Phase, but
this Phase will end on 10th October.
(I shall, of course, be allocating an extra £350 million per week to
the NHS as a result of this historic change.)
Will it work in Northern Ireland?
Not sure.
That's a borderline case.
I'm sure you are working on a magic technical solution.

***@cdixon.me.uk
2018-03-23 18:45:48 UTC
On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 06:38:14 +0000, Sid Nuncius
Post by Sid Nuncius
(I shall, of course, be allocating an extra £350 million per week to the
NHS as a result of this historic change.)
Hurrah! I hope you're keeping Boris and Nigel informed of the success
of your decision and negotiations.