Monetary solution
2017-05-18 09:30:23 UTC
1. Pip creates a loan document for her £5k. With long term profit
share included.

2. Kenton and Jolene create similar document for their investment in
Scruffs Gin.

3. Pip gives her investment document to David to offset the mayhem she
believes she caused (although David should have claimed on his insurance).

4. Kenton and Jolene give their investment loan to David as repayment
for what he is owed for the foundations of the Bull.

5. David now owns Scruffs Gin lock stock and barrel and Toby as well
and he can manage Toby on a daily business to produce and sell gin
(which can then reasonably be Archers Gin). This should ensure much
entertainment as Toby finds out what a proper life is like and the long
term profit flow into Brookfield will mean that they do no notice the
withdrawal of subsidies in 2020.

Everyone is a winner!
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Vicky
2017-05-18 10:13:33 UTC
[...]
I think you should charge the BBC if this is used. It should be.
2017-05-18 12:11:39 UTC
[...]
And Kenton reminds David that he really should have covered such a risk
with his insurance policy rather than 'spending the money' on fripperies
for his lavish life style!
Steve Hague
2017-05-18 13:49:53 UTC
[...]
Smoke and mirrors, innit.
Steve
Marjorie
2017-05-18 16:20:09 UTC
[...]
You've missed out the final step: David gifts the gin business to Brian
or Tony in part repayment of his debt to them.
--
Marjorie

To reply, replace dontusethisaddress with marje

---
http://www.avg.com
Mike
2017-05-18 16:23:48 UTC
Post by Marjorie
Post by krw
[...]
And that would stop Tom beefing about the whole sorry story?
2017-05-18 17:08:23 UTC
Post by Marjorie
Post by krw
[...]
No, and he'll probably go the way of his grandfather and drink away the
business.

2017-05-18 18:54:05 UTC
1. Pip creates a loan document for her £5k. With long term profit
share included.
Assuming she _didn't_ when she "lent" it (and I'm pretty sure she
didn't), _can_ she create such retrospectively? I very much doubt it.
Post by krw
2. Kenton and Jolene create similar document for their investment in
Scruffs Gin.
I don't _think_ they did either, though am a bit surprised that Jolene
wouldn't have. Again, I doubt they could after the fact.

"Bother," said the Borg, "we assimilated a Pooh."
krw
2017-05-18 21:52:59 UTC
Assuming she _didn't_ when she "lent" it (and I'm pretty sure she
didn't), _can_ she create such retrospectively? I very much doubt it.
Yes. Getting Toby to sign it might prove interesting. But she would
only provide numbers to document what he said would happen.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-05-18 23:27:07 UTC
Assuming she _didn't_ when she "lent" it (and I'm pretty sure she
didn't), _can_ she create such retrospectively? I very much doubt it.
Yes. Getting Toby to sign it might prove interesting. But she would
only provide numbers to document what he said would happen.
Ah yes, of course, she can _create_ it. I meant, of course, that I
didn't think she could create something with any _validity_ after the
fact. As you say, getting Toby to sign it would be the kicker.

Try to tell me to watch something because it's brilliant and everyone says so
and therefore I will love it, too, and you lose me for ever.
- Alison Graham, RT 2016/2/6-12
Btms
2017-05-19 06:38:56 UTC
Assuming she _didn't_ when she "lent" it (and I'm pretty sure she
didn't), _can_ she create such retrospectively? I very much doubt it.
Yes. Getting Toby to sign it might prove interesting. But she would
only provide numbers to document what he said would happen.
Never lend money to family if you need it repaid.
2017-05-19 10:18:10 UTC
Never lend money to family if you need it repaid.
Wofe was aksed by d#2 and husband for a loan to help them buy a house.

Once they had gone I converted wofe to understanding that giving them
the money was a better solution. They were astounded.

Then I gave up working (before the deal was done over houses). However
we still gave them the money.

They love the house, doing it up and improving it and have had another
grandchild without any upsets over repayments.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Btms
2017-05-19 11:02:47 UTC
Never lend money to family if you need it repaid.
Wofe was aksed by d#2 and husband for a loan to help them buy a house.
Once they had gone I converted wofe to understanding that giving them
the money was a better solution. They were astounded.
Then I gave up working (before the deal was done over houses). However
we still gave them the money.
They love the house, doing it up and improving it and have had another
grandchild without any upsets over repayments.
Absolutely. We have loaned and recovered money but never enough for it to
be an issue if repayment was a problem. Otoh, we were considering putting
one house in a son's name to facilitate his obtaining a mortgage in the
future. Solicitor (a school friend) advised against this; "because you
don't know who he will marry". We took the advice and have often said what
good advice that turned out to be.
2017-05-19 12:07:50 UTC
Never lend money to family if you need it repaid.
Wofe was aksed by d#2 and husband for a loan to help them buy a house.
Once they had gone I converted wofe to understanding that giving them
the money was a better solution. They were astounded.
Then I gave up working (before the deal was done over houses). However
we still gave them the money.
They love the house, doing it up and improving it and have had another
grandchild without any upsets over repayments.
Absolutely. We have loaned and recovered money but never enough for it to
be an issue if repayment was a problem. Otoh, we were considering putting
one house in a son's name to facilitate his obtaining a mortgage in the
future. Solicitor (a school friend) advised against this; "because you
don't know who he will marry". We took the advice and have often said what
good advice that turned out to be.
Moneybox Live was about BOMAD: apparently (or in this context, ought
that be a parently?) the sixth largest lending institution in the
country or summat. Anyway: there can be tax issues for either party if
it's done wrong. The programme is still on the BBC wibble if anyone
wants to listen.

2017-05-19 12:23:22 UTC
Absolutely. We have loaned and recovered money but never enough for it to
be an issue if repayment was a problem. Otoh, we were considering putting
one house in a son's name to facilitate his obtaining a mortgage in the
future. Solicitor (a school friend) advised against this; "because you
don't know who he will marry". We took the advice and have often said what
good advice that turned out to be.
My father gave my latex husbad and I the deposit for our house and some
assistance thereafter. When we split, I contended that the gift had
been to us for the benefit of his grandchildren and that my husband only
benefited because he was my husband and the father of one of my children
and for that reason some share of the proceeds of the sale should go to
my (by then late) father's estate rather than to my husband. His
Solicitor did not agree with me.
2017-05-19 13:15:08 UTC
Absolutely. We have loaned and recovered money but never enough for it to
be an issue if repayment was a problem. Otoh, we were considering putting
one house in a son's name to facilitate his obtaining a mortgage in the
future. Solicitor (a school friend) advised against this; "because you
don't know who he will marry". We took the advice and have often said what
good advice that turned out to be.
My father gave my latex husbad and I the deposit for our house and some
assistance thereafter. When we split, I contended that the gift had
been to us for the benefit of his grandchildren and that my husband only
benefited because he was my husband and the father of one of my children
and for that reason some share of the proceeds of the sale should go to
my (by then late) father's estate rather than to my husband. His
Solicitor did not agree with me.
The law is often at odds with our personal morality. When the sd dil and
son separated they were in business together. He started it; she joined
after it became successful. Then they had it valued and agreed a fifty
fifty split. I said nothing but thought that if half the personnel of a
two person business leave, the value of that company must lessen. I have
no doubt she would have claimed a share of the house too. She is a
corporate accountant btw. As I said, we were glad of the solicitor's
advice. It would not have been the first time she attempted to get her
hand into our wallet!
That's a funny name for a son. Did the registrar mis-type "Walter" ?
Vicky
2017-05-19 20:17:54 UTC
On Fri, 19 May 2017 13:23:22 +0100, Jenny M Benson
Absolutely. We have loaned and recovered money but never enough for it to
be an issue if repayment was a problem. Otoh, we were considering putting
one house in a son's name to facilitate his obtaining a mortgage in the
future. Solicitor (a school friend) advised against this; "because you
don't know who he will marry". We took the advice and have often said what
good advice that turned out to be.
My father gave my latex husbad and I the deposit for our house and some
assistance thereafter. When we split, I contended that the gift had
been to us for the benefit of his grandchildren and that my husband only
benefited because he was my husband and the father of one of my children
and for that reason some share of the proceeds of the sale should go to
my (by then late) father's estate rather than to my husband. His
Solicitor did not agree with me.
yYthe money for a later house's extension. When we divorced I had
been working for a while, the mortgage was paid at first from Capt
Ex's earnings but then my earnings made a more and more significant
contribution. We split the house procedes 50/50. So then giving the
daughters their deposits was what they now call paying forward, I
think.
2017-05-20 10:14:29 UTC
Post by Vicky
good advice that turned out to be.
My father gave my latex husbad and I the deposit for our house and some
assistance thereafter. When we split, I contended that the gift had
been to us for the benefit of his grandchildren and that my husband only
benefited because he was my husband and the father of one of my children
and for that reason some share of the proceeds of the sale should go to
my (by then late) father's estate rather than to my husband. His
Solicitor did not agree with me.
There seems to be a bit missing here. What I wrote was
My mother gave us the deposit for our first flat and I think
#2 daughter got to the buying stage first and I gave her the deposit.
She was to repay so much a month and began. Then #1 daughter got
there and had already had some bail outs and I knew she'd have enough
trouble paying the mortgage, never mind me too, so told #2 daughter
that was enough, forget the rest, and lent an equivalent to #1
daughter. Who had just moved out with #1 grandson from the flat she
shared with his dad. I was working then.

I retired and the daughters know I no longer earn but live on my
pension and have some savings but not a lot They are now careful not
to ask for big sums and even share costs if we all eat out. I do treat
them now and then and buy presents at suitable times but can no longer
help with big sums.
2017-05-19 12:43:07 UTC
Never lend money to family if you need it repaid.
Wofe was aksed by d#2 and husband for a loan to help them buy a house.
Once they had gone I converted wofe to understanding that giving them
the money was a better solution. They were astounded.
Then I gave up working (before the deal was done over houses). However
we still gave them the money.
They love the house, doing it up and improving it and have had another
grandchild without any upsets over repayments.
There is always someone who takes it to extremes:

<https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/18/lottery-millionaires-son-spent-16m-then-sued-his-father-for-more-cash>

***@cdixon.me.uk
2017-05-20 13:22:44 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Never lend money to family if you need it repaid.
Wofe was aksed by d#2 and husband for a loan to help them buy a house.
Once they had gone I converted wofe to understanding that giving them
the money was a better solution. They were astounded.
Then I gave up working (before the deal was done over houses). However
we still gave them the money.
They love the house, doing it up and improving it and have had another
grandchild without any upsets over repayments.
<https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/18/lottery-millionaires-son-spent-16m-then-sued-his-father-for-more-cash>
Chris
I read the BBC's on line magazine.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39934674

Sincerely Chris

Flop
2017-05-19 14:20:17 UTC
Never lend money to family if you need it repaid.
Wofe was aksed by d#2 and husband for a loan to help them buy a house.
Once they had gone I converted wofe to understanding that giving them
the money was a better solution. They were astounded.
Then I gave up working (before the deal was done over houses). However
we still gave them the money.
They love the house, doing it up and improving it and have had another
grandchild without any upsets over repayments.
When s#2 was offered money to buy a house, the mortgage lender went
through their finances with a fine tooth comb.The lender would only
accept our money if we wrote a letter stating that the money was an
outright gift with no intention of repayment and no strings attached.

Agreed - it is much less stressful giving money than lending it.
--
Flop
General Norman Schwarzkopf was asked if he thought there was room for
OUR job is to arrange the meeting."
Penny
2017-05-19 14:39:12 UTC
On Fri, 19 May 2017 11:18:10 +0100, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
Never lend money to family if you need it repaid.
Wofe was aksed by d#2 and husband for a loan to help them buy a house.
Once they had gone I converted wofe to understanding that giving them
the money was a better solution. They were astounded.
I gave my two daughters money when they got to the house buying stage. I
don't think it sat well with SiL (as opposed to SoL) who has only accepted
loans for improvements (and paid them back) since.