Umra Book Club
2017-07-04 05:46:26 UTC
I can warmly recommend The Zoo by Christopher Wilson. It's the first of
his that I've read and I'm very impressed. Review here if interested:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R32XQ08N58QZG6/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
Peter Percival
2017-07-04 13:58:02 UTC
I can warmly recommend The Zoo by Christopher Wilson. It's the first of
https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R32XQ08N58QZG6/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
I have just started reading Mark Twain's autobiography. It is 265 pages
long but is contained within a book of 738 pages ominously labelled
'Volume 1'[1].

I cannot help but be attracted to a book whose editor has given over a
whole page to telling the reader whether lines such as

have broken an unhyphenated 'hallmark' or have reproduced (by a happy
accident, so to speak) the word which was hyphenated in the original.

[1] Autobiography of Mark Twain, ed. H.E. Smith, vol 1, University of
California Press, 2010
to me what you really mean.