OT: How the heck did this happen?
2017-04-20 18:09:24 UTC
When I upgraded to Win 10 I had a new hard drive installed with Win 10
on it, but my existing drive was left in place with everything
(including Windows 7) on it. Having decided I wanted to re-organize a
bit, which would involve formatting the old drive and putting only data
files back on it, I needed to "move" Thunderbird from drive E: to drive
C:.

I downloaded MozBackup and backed up my TB profile, did a new
installation of TB to drive C: and then restored the backup.

What I ended up with is a weird mess! When I opened TB it had MOST, but
not all, of my Mail accounts with all mails up to date and had my 3
Newsgroups with all postings up to date. 2 of my Mail accounts were
missing, TB did not have my current password for Yahoo and still had 2
Mail accounts connected to my long-gone Virgin days and was expecting to
use Virgin as the outgoing SMTP Server.

Fortunately, nothing terribly important has been lost, so it's just been
something of an inconvenience, but I'm at a loss to know how it happened.
2017-04-20 22:23:43 UTC
[...]
That be computers that be. They know they have been programmed to do
certain things. But the programmer thought they were different things
to the users.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Jenny M Benson
2017-04-22 14:14:12 UTC
Fortunately, nothing terribly important has been lost, so it's just
been something of an inconvenience, but I'm at a loss to know how it
happened.
That be computers that be. They know they have been programmed to do
certain things. But the programmer thought they were different things
to the users.
It gets weirder. Have now found a folder named "Inbox" inside a folder
I had on my E: drive (*) and it contained all the messages from the
Account which went missing! I was able to restore them with
ImportExport Tools.

(1) Had moved Temp, along with everything else of importance, to C:
while E: was formatted and was moving it back. Found a couple of other
odd things in there.