OT: citizenship test
2017-07-14 16:43:44 UTC
My cousin had told me she was helping someone who had to take this, and
that she (the cousin) thought it was incredibly difficult, so I did a
practice one for a laugh: <http://www.citizenshiptest.org.uk> if anyone
wants to try.

Wouldn't you think that a prerequisite of the test might be that the
questions were phrased in correct English? Here's one example: "When was
Charles II invited by Parliament from exile and get crowned?".
And another "Who decides for the verdict at a Crown Court?".

And "At what age a driving licence becomes for valid for three years at a
time?"

Aaaaaaaaaarggggghhhhh!

I feel a strongly worded complaint coming on.
Peter Percival
2017-07-14 17:35:43 UTC
My cousin had told me she was helping someone who had to take this,
and that she (the cousin) thought it was incredibly difficult, so I
did a practice one for a laugh: <http://www.citizenshiptest.org.uk>
if anyone wants to try.
Wouldn't you think that a prerequisite of the test might be that the
questions were phrased in correct English? Here's one example: "When
was Charles II invited by Parliament from exile and get crowned?".
And another "Who decides for the verdict at a Crown Court?".
And "At what age a driving licence becomes for valid for three years
at a time?"
Aaaaaaaaaarggggghhhhh!
I feel a strongly worded complaint coming on.
That website has no connection with the Home Office's citizenship test.
But don't let that stop you from complaining!
to me what you really mean.
Peter Percival
2017-07-14 17:54:39 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Post by Sally Thompson
My cousin had told me she was helping someone who had to take
this, and that she (the cousin) thought it was incredibly
<http://www.citizenshiptest.org.uk> if anyone wants to try.
Wouldn't you think that a prerequisite of the test might be that
"When was Charles II invited by Parliament from exile and get
crowned?". And another "Who decides for the verdict at a Crown
Court?".
And "At what age a driving licence becomes for valid for three
years at a time?"
Aaaaaaaaaarggggghhhhh!
I feel a strongly worded complaint coming on.
That website has no connection with the Home Office's citizenship
test. But don't let that stop you from complaining!
You or your cuz might be interested in the official stuff:
https://www.tsoshop.co.uk/Life-in-the-UK/Life-in-the-United-Kingdom-A-Guide-for-New-Residents/?TrackID=002353
.

I am of the opinion that the word "official" is pretty much devoid of
meaning, but still...
to me what you really mean.
Peter Percival
2017-07-14 17:58:19 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Post by Peter Percival
Post by Sally Thompson
My cousin had told me she was helping someone who had to take
this, and that she (the cousin) thought it was incredibly
<http://www.citizenshiptest.org.uk> if anyone wants to try.
Wouldn't you think that a prerequisite of the test might be that
"When was Charles II invited by Parliament from exile and get
crowned?". And another "Who decides for the verdict at a Crown
Court?".
And "At what age a driving licence becomes for valid for three
years at a time?"
Aaaaaaaaaarggggghhhhh!
I feel a strongly worded complaint coming on.
That website has no connection with the Home Office's citizenship
test. But don't let that stop you from complaining!
https://www.tsoshop.co.uk/Life-in-the-UK/Life-in-the-United-Kingdom-A-Guide-for-New-Residents/?TrackID=002353
Sorry, wrong one. Try (or not) this -

https://www.tsoshop.co.uk/Life-in-the-UK/Life-in-the-United-Kingdom-Official-Practice-Questions-and-Answers/?TRACKID=002353
to me what you really mean.
2017-07-14 18:56:10 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Post by Sally Thompson
My cousin had told me she was helping someone who had to take this,
and that she (the cousin) thought it was incredibly difficult, so I
did a practice one for a laugh: <http://www.citizenshiptest.org.uk>
if anyone wants to try.
Wouldn't you think that a prerequisite of the test might be that the
questions were phrased in correct English? Here's one example: "When
was Charles II invited by Parliament from exile and get crowned?".
And another "Who decides for the verdict at a Crown Court?".
And "At what age a driving licence becomes for valid for three years
at a time?"
Aaaaaaaaaarggggghhhhh!
I feel a strongly worded complaint coming on.
That website has no connection with the Home Office's citizenship test.
But don't let that stop you from complaining!
Well the one dil id wasnt much better iirc.
2017-07-14 18:53:18 UTC
My cousin had told me she was helping someone who had to take this, and
that she (the cousin) thought it was incredibly difficult, so I did a
practice one for a laugh: <http://www.citizenshiptest.org.uk> if anyone
wants to try.
Wouldn't you think that a prerequisite of the test might be that the
questions were phrased in correct English? Here's one example: "When was
Charles II invited by Parliament from exile and get crowned?".
And another "Who decides for the verdict at a Crown Court?".
And "At what age a driving licence becomes for valid for three years at a
time?"
Aaaaaaaaaarggggghhhhh!
I feel a strongly worded complaint coming on.
My Ukrainian dil struggled with this. Now I know why. She has an English
degree btw.
2017-07-15 11:13:32 UTC
On 14 Jul 2017 16:43:44 GMT, Sally Thompson
Post by Sally Thompson
My cousin had told me she was helping someone who had to take this, and
that she (the cousin) thought it was incredibly difficult, so I did a
practice one for a laugh: <http://www.citizenshiptest.org.uk> if anyone
wants to try.
Wouldn't you think that a prerequisite of the test might be that the
questions were phrased in correct English? Here's one example: "When was
Charles II invited by Parliament from exile and get crowned?".
And another "Who decides for the verdict at a Crown Court?".
And "At what age a driving licence becomes for valid for three years at a
time?"
Aaaaaaaaaarggggghhhhh!
I feel a strongly worded complaint coming on.
Blimey!
Why is Queen Mark also known as 'Bloody Mary'?
At what age young people get their National Insurance number sent?
and who the heck is 'Sir Christopher Ren'?
2017-07-15 11:28:04 UTC
Post by Sally Thompson
I feel a strongly worded complaint coming on.
But it does say it's based upon questions asked in 2013 - things may have
improved since then...