shop well for less?
2018-08-26 19:07:46 UTC
Where do they find these families. We almost always cook from scratch.
Readymade food. Is usually experienced as poor on taste. Surely w are nao
u”
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-08-26 21:01:28 UTC
Where do they find these families. We almost always cook from scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
Post by Btms
Readymade food. Is usually experienced as poor on taste. Surely w are nao
u”

Everyone looks sun-kissed and beautiful and as you watch it ["Bondi Rescue"],
pale and flabby on your sofa, you find yourself wondering if your life could
ever be that exotic. (It couldn't. You're British.) - Russell Howard, in
Radio Times, 20-26 April 2013
steveski
2018-08-26 22:18:16 UTC
Where do they find these families. We almost always cook from scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
:-)
2018-08-28 08:29:08 UTC
Where do they find these families. We almost always cook from scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
:-)
Iits a common enough phtase
2018-08-28 11:30:51 UTC
Where do they find these families. We almost always cook from scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
:-)
Iits a common enough phtase
Yes, but this is umra ;)
If you are going through hell, keep going. (Winston Churchill)
Sid Nuncius
2018-08-28 13:15:44 UTC
Where do they find these families.  We almost always cook from
scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
:-)
Iits a common enough phtase
Yes, but this is umra ;)
Thank you, Serena. That covers in five words everything I rambled on about.
2018-08-28 15:32:55 UTC
Where do they find these families.  We almost always cook from
scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
:-)
Iits a common enough phtase
Yes, but this is umra ;)
Thank you, Serena.  That covers in five words everything I rambled on
about.
While I had read your comment and thought you had put it far more
eloquently than I could!
If you are going through hell, keep going. (Winston Churchill)
Sid Nuncius
2018-08-28 09:52:48 UTC
Where do they find these families. We almost always cook from scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
:-)
Iits a common enough phtase
Which is precisely why John's deliberate misinterpretation and parody of
pretentious foodies was funny, isn't it? (Well, I thought it was.)
FWIW, I almost always cook from basic ingredients of as good a quality
as I can get, too, and I really don't think anyone was having a dig.

BTW, I am coming to find your typos very endearing and entertaining. I
do hope you don't start rigorous speelchucking. [And for the avoidance
of doubt, that wasn't a dig either - I mean it. :o) ]
2018-08-28 15:19:48 UTC
Where do they find these families. We almost always cook from scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
:-)
Iits a common enough phtase
Which is precisely why John's deliberate misinterpretation and parody of
pretentious foodies was funny, isn't it? (Well, I thought it was.)
FWIW, I almost always cook from basic ingredients of as good a quality
as I can get, too, and I really don't think anyone was having a dig.
BTW, I am coming to find your typos very endearing and entertaining. I
do hope you don't start rigorous speelchucking. [And for the avoidance
of doubt, that wasn't a dig either - I mean it. :o) ]
Yebut its worse with touch screen. I seem to have the wrong sort of
fingers.

Recovering from concussion so more confused than ever.
2018-08-28 19:19:43 UTC
Recovering from concussion so more confused than ever.
Eeep!
Who's been knocking you about?
Fell in bathroom where the ceramic tiles did for head, ankle,leg and arm
2018-08-28 19:25:33 UTC
On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 19:19:43 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
Recovering from concussion so more confused than ever.
Eeep!
Who's been knocking you about?
Fell in bathroom where the ceramic tiles did for head, ankle,leg and arm
Dangerous places, bathrooms :(
2018-08-28 19:45:05 UTC
Recovering from concussion so more confused than ever.
Eeep!
Who's been knocking you about?
Fell in bathroom where the ceramic tiles did for head, ankle,leg and arm
Dangerous places, bathrooms :(
Clearly. I hav3 become very anxious. There were towels on the floor but
rucked up.
2018-08-29 05:24:43 UTC
Recovering from concussion so more confused than ever.
Eeep!
Who's been knocking you about?
Fell in bathroom where the ceramic tiles did for head, ankle,leg and arm
Dangerous places, bathrooms :(
Clearly. I hav3 become very anxious. There were towels on the floor but
rucked up.
So the towels themselves were just a dozen or so consonants away from
what they then did to you.

Sorry to hear it, old thing - hope you recover soon, and make the most
of you invalid status by being waited on hand and foot (and head, ankle,
leg and arm). Drink and chocolate are well-known for their roborative
effect and Dr Sid advises that large doses should be administered regularly.
2018-08-29 07:08:23 UTC
Recovering from concussion so more confused than ever.
Eeep!
Who's been knocking you about?
Fell in bathroom where the ceramic tiles did for head, ankle,leg and arm
Dangerous places, bathrooms :(
Clearly. I hav3 become very anxious. There were towels on the floor but
rucked up.
So the towels themselves were just a dozen or so consonants away from
what they then did to you.
Sorry to hear it, old thing - hope you recover soon, and make the most
of you invalid status by being waited on hand and foot (and head, ankle,
leg and arm). Drink and chocolate are well-known for their roborative
effect and Dr Sid advises that large doses should be administered regularly.
Thanks yes the symptoms are much reduced now. The brain is less fuzzy and
energy returning. We are great believers in the restorative quality of
chocolate. 😄. Not keen on alcohol since my recent hospital drama but
keeping lots of fluids going. Walking everywhere with excessive care!
2018-08-29 07:59:26 UTC
Recovering from concussion so more confused than ever.
Eeep!
Who's been knocking you about?
Fell in bathroom where the ceramic tiles did for head, ankle,leg and arm
Dangerous places, bathrooms :(
Clearly. I hav3 become very anxious. There were towels on the floor but
rucked up.
So the towels themselves were just a dozen or so consonants away from
what they then did to you.
Sorry to hear it, old thing - hope you recover soon, and make the most
of you invalid status by being waited on hand and foot (and head, ankle,
leg and arm). Drink and chocolate are well-known for their roborative
effect and Dr Sid advises that large doses should be administered regularly.
Err... would Matron condone this?!
2018-08-29 20:15:15 UTC
Recovering from concussion so more confused than ever.
Eeep!
Who's been knocking you about?
Fell in bathroom where the ceramic tiles did for head, ankle,leg and arm
Dangerous places, bathrooms :(
Clearly. I hav3 become very anxious. There were towels on the floor but
rucked up.
So the towels themselves were just a dozen or so consonants away from
what they then did to you.
Sorry to hear it, old thing - hope you recover soon, and make the most
of you invalid status by being waited on hand and foot (and head, ankle,
leg and arm). Drink and chocolate are well-known for their roborative
effect and Dr Sid advises that large doses should be administered regularly.
Err... would Matron condone this?!
Since Matron permits him to take large doses of Patrick O'Brian (note
the use of the word "roborative) then I think she'd be OK with the idea.
Tony Bryer
2018-08-29 08:22:40 UTC
Fell in bathroom where the ceramic tiles did for head, ankle,leg and arm
Just watch yourself: I took a tumble before Easter and some weeks later
started to exhibit odd symptoms - couldn't walk in a straight line,
handwriting fell to bits etc. Was rushed into hospital, surgery for a
brain haemorrhage. Admittedly I'm at greater risk being on blood thinning
aspirin post 2014 heart attack but I'm now on a mission to make people
aware of what can happen.
Tony B, OzRat, Melbourne
Jenny M Benson
2018-08-29 09:13:55 UTC
Post by Tony Bryer
Post by Btms
Fell in bathroom where the ceramic tiles did for head, ankle,leg and arm
Just watch yourself: I took a tumble before Easter and some weeks later
started to exhibit odd symptoms - couldn't walk in a straight line,
handwriting fell to bits etc. Was rushed into hospital, surgery for a
brain haemorrhage. Admittedly I'm at greater risk being on blood thinning
aspirin post 2014 heart attack but I'm now on a mission to make people
aware of what can happen.
I think I must be nigh-on indestructible. I fell in the garden a few
weeks ago - went backwards and hit my head on the brick wall of the
building. The noise alone was enough to frighten but once the enormous
lump had subsided there were no ill-effects.
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
a***@aol.com
I was relieved to get as far up Slieve Donard as the gusting win allowed with no chest pains or exhaustion. Of course a few days later my legs know I have been walking. Nor have i ever used the "GNT spray the quacks make me carry around.
Btms
2018-08-29 20:25:50 UTC
Post by a***@aol.com
Post by Jenny M Benson
Post by Tony Bryer
Post by Btms
[...]
Thanks. I have been keeping myself under observation. Confusion etc has
cleared. Legs still very eobbly.
Mike Headon
2018-08-30 07:29:44 UTC
Post by a***@aol.com
Post by Jenny M Benson
Post by Tony Bryer
Post by Btms
[...]
Gin & tonic?
Post by Btms
Thanks. I have been keeping myself under observation. Confusion etc has
cleared. Legs still very eobbly.
--
Mike Headon
R69S R850R
IIIc IIIg FT FTn FT2 EOS450D
e-mail: mike dot headon at enn tee ell world dot com

---
2018-08-30 07:43:02 UTC
Post by a***@aol.com
Post by Jenny M Benson
Post by Tony Bryer
Post by Btms
[...]
Is it more a case of G ‘n’ T in a glass rather than a spray of GNT under
the tongue?
agsmith578688@gmail.com Tony Smith Prestbury Glos.
I never literally drink G&T, but a dry white wine or an Austrian-style spritzer are very refreshing.
Sally Thompson
2018-08-29 06:57:20 UTC
Where do they find these families. We almost always cook from scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
:-)
Iits a common enough phtase
Which is precisely why John's deliberate misinterpretation and parody of
pretentious foodies was funny, isn't it? (Well, I thought it was.)
FWIW, I almost always cook from basic ingredients of as good a quality
as I can get, too, and I really don't think anyone was having a dig.
BTW, I am coming to find your typos very endearing and entertaining. I
do hope you don't start rigorous speelchucking. [And for the avoidance
of doubt, that wasn't a dig either - I mean it. :o) ]
Yebut its worse with touch screen. I seem to have the wrong sort of
fingers.
Recovering from concussion so more confused than ever.
I use an external Bluetooth keyboard with my iPad if I have a lot of
typing. It wasn't expensive and is great.
2018-08-29 07:22:12 UTC
[...]
I bought one but don’t like it. I used to touch type but since I developed
deputyns (sp) contraction in left hands fingers are not always as they
should be.
2018-08-29 09:33:55 UTC
I used to touch type but since I developed
deputyns (sp) contraction in left hands fingers are not always as they
should be.
Duputreyns, both hands here. Left hand was part sorted in 2012 with
some Xiapex but they did not treat a couple of nodules which have got worse.

Right hand now affected as well. Hoping the latter can be sorted by
Xiapex but I am told the left hand will be surgery this time around.

And of course from April next year the NHS are withdrawing treatment of
any sort.

With the Garrods pads on the knuckles typing accurately can be a bit hit
and miss. I changed keyboards recently and I am not sure how much of my
typing errors are down to the new Jelly Comb keyboard and how much is
simple brain inadequacy (the fingers only do something - and are often
told to do the wrong things).
2018-08-29 11:23:41 UTC
On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 10:33:55 +0100, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
I used to touch type but since I developed
deputyns (sp) contraction in left hands fingers are not always as they
should be.
Duputreyns, both hands here. Left hand was part sorted in 2012 with
some Xiapex but they did not treat a couple of nodules which have got worse.
Right hand now affected as well. Hoping the latter can be sorted by
Xiapex but I am told the left hand will be surgery this time around.
I've not heard of Xiapex, is it new?
Ray had it in both hands but the right was by far the worst. It functioned
well as a hook to hang shopping bags on but putting them down again was
tricky. He had surgery (the consultant was not impressed by my suggestion
of amputation - I was serious, it got in the way) which did free up the
third finger but the little finger curled up again in a few years. The left
hand didn't really get any worse.

Apparently it runs in families. Ray's #1son had nodules - haven't seen him
for a few years so don't know if it has got worse.
2018-08-29 11:58:30 UTC
dust...
[...]
Xiapex is a little known treatment which is essentially an injection
which breaks down the hardening deposits. Being non-invasive it does
not require a general anaesthetic and seemed to work for me. I had to
go private (luckily I was suitably insured by my company) as NHS does
not seem to want to approve it even though it is cheaper than surgery.
2018-08-29 14:18:52 UTC
On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 12:58:30 +0100, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
Duputreyns, both hands here. Left hand was part sorted in 2012 with
some Xiapex but they did not treat a couple of nodules which have got worse.
I've not heard of Xiapex, is it new?
Xiapex is a little known treatment which is essentially an injection
which breaks down the hardening deposits. Being non-invasive it does
not require a general anaesthetic and seemed to work for me. I had to
go private (luckily I was suitably insured by my company) as NHS does
not seem to want to approve it even though it is cheaper than surgery.
Interesting.
I recall researching a treatment done with a needle (rather than a scalpel)
to detach the nodules and free up movement. Not available on NHS - I
offered to pay but Ray opted for surgery on the NHS.
2018-08-29 14:54:41 UTC
  I used to touch type but since I developed
deputyns (sp) contraction in left hands fingers are not always as they
should be.
Duputreyns, both hands here.  Left hand was part sorted in 2012 with
some Xiapex but they did not treat a couple of nodules which have got worse.
DINTAFPOU? Apologies if so. It's Dupuytren's.

I know this because every summer we pass by the Hôpital Dupuytren at
Limoges and I keep meaning to look him up. Apparently he was a military
surgeon who treated Napoleon's haemorrhoids and was very handy with a
scalpel.
2018-08-29 14:57:42 UTC
Post by Kate B
  I used to touch type but since I developed
deputyns (sp) contraction in left hands fingers are not always as they
should be.
Duputreyns, both hands here.  Left hand was part sorted in 2012 with
some Xiapex but they did not treat a couple of nodules which have got worse.
DINTAFPOU? Apologies if so. It's Dupuytren's.
I know this because every summer we pass by the Hôpital Dupuytren at
Limoges and I keep meaning to look him up. Apparently he was a military
surgeon who treated Napoleon's haemorrhoids and was very handy with a
scalpel.
I said I had no control over my fingers! That is my excuse anyway.
2018-08-29 15:24:12 UTC
Post by Kate B
  I used to touch type but since I developed
deputyns (sp) contraction in left hands fingers are not always as they
should be.
Duputreyns, both hands here.  Left hand was part sorted in 2012 with
some Xiapex but they did not treat a couple of nodules which have got worse.
DINTAFPOU? Apologies if so. It's Dupuytren's.
I know this because every summer we pass by the Hôpital Dupuytren at
Limoges and I keep meaning to look him up. Apparently he was a military
surgeon who treated Napoleon's haemorrhoids and was very handy with a
scalpel.
That must have been a bit of a pain in the ....
Clive Arthur
2018-08-29 16:40:33 UTC
Post by Kate B
  I used to touch type but since I developed
deputyns (sp) contraction in left hands fingers are not always as they
should be.
Duputreyns, both hands here.  Left hand was part sorted in 2012 with
some Xiapex but they did not treat a couple of nodules which have got worse.
DINTAFPOU? Apologies if so. It's Dupuytren's.
I know this because every summer we pass by the Hôpital Dupuytren at
Limoges and I keep meaning to look him up. Apparently he was a military
surgeon who treated Napoleon's haemorrhoids and was very handy with a
scalpel.
Just as well, or he might slip and damage Napoleon's boner part.

Cheers
Clive
Fred

Fred
Jenny M Benson
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-08-29 23:13:45 UTC
Where do they find these families. We almost always cook from scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
:-)
Iits a common enough phtase
Which is precisely why John's deliberate misinterpretation and parody of
pretentious foodies was funny, isn't it? (Well, I thought it was.)
Thanks. Not original, I'm afraid. (I half thought I'd seen it here in
the first place; certainly sufficiently umratic.
FWIW, I almost always cook from basic ingredients of as good a quality
as I can get, too, and I really don't think anyone was having a dig.
Indeed. Well, maybe a gentle dig, but certainly no malice intended.
Yebut its worse with touch screen. I seem to have the wrong sort of
fingers.
Recovering from concussion so more confused than ever.
I use an external Bluetooth keyboard with my iPad if I have a lot of
typing. It wasn't expensive and is great.
My blind friends have iPhones. He loves his tiny Bluetooth keyboard, she
prefers the screen.

I hope you dream a pig.
Sid Nuncius
2018-08-27 06:05:11 UTC
Where do they find these families.  We almost always cook from scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
Is scratch edible? I mean, Bruce Springsteen and his partner Sonny used
it to build a '69 Chevy with a 396, Fuelie heads and a Hurst on the
floor; I imagine it must be unpleasantly chewy at the very least.
Marmaduke Jinks
2018-08-27 11:53:54 UTC
Where do they find these families. We almost always cook from scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
Is scratch edible? I mean, Bruce Springsteen and his partner Sonny used
it to build a '69 Chevy with a 396, Fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor;
I imagine it must be unpleasantly chewy at the very least.
Was Roy Orbison singing on the radio?

Oops different song ;-)

MJ
John Ashby
2018-08-27 10:17:46 UTC
Where do they find these families.  We almost always cook from scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
Readymade food. Is usually experienced as poor on taste.  Surely w are
nao
u”
Some of us grow our own scratch.

2018-08-27 22:04:11 UTC
Where do they find these families.  We almost always cook from scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
Readymade food. Is usually experienced as poor on taste.  Surely w
are nao
u”
Some of us grow our own scratch.
At the risk of being caught in possession.
the Omrud
2018-08-27 14:00:11 UTC
Where do they find these families.  We almost always cook from scratch.
Yes, but do you make your own scratch?
I get mine from the pigs.
David
Mike
2018-08-27 08:02:39 UTC
Where do they find these families. We almost always cook from scratch.
Readymade food. Is usually experienced as poor on taste. Surely w are nao
u”
No you are not! We always cook from scratch, as you say ‘where do they find
these families’??????? Most of the goodies they buy would never even get on
our shopping list to start with!