spoiler 2nd July: Feebs
2017-07-04 14:17:18 UTC
Spoilt brat. A chip off the Krait block.

Sincerely Chris
the Omrud
2017-07-04 15:40:43 UTC
Spoilt brat. A chip off the Krait block.
I'm guessing that she's feeling pressured by the rich kids at Oxford who
don't need to work in the summer.
David
Mike
2017-07-04 15:54:08 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Spoilt brat. A chip off the Krait block.
I'm guessing that she's feeling pressured by the rich kids at Oxford who
don't need to work in the summer.
Straight from school to university, then into a job (possibly, if 'daddy's
influence is strong enough, no 'university of life' for them.
2017-07-04 16:05:55 UTC
On Tue, 4 Jul 2017 16:40:43 +0100, the Omrud <***@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Spoilt brat. A chip off the Krait block.
I'm guessing that she's feeling pressured by the rich kids at Oxford who
don't need to work in the summer.
But she's putting the squeeze on the wrong parent. In fact her (Aldridge)
grandparents might be a better bet.
Mike Ruddock
2017-07-04 18:25:12 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Spoilt brat. A chip off the Krait block.
I'm guessing that she's feeling pressured by the rich kids at Oxford who
don't need to work in the summer.
But she's putting the squeeze on the wrong parent. In fact her (Aldridge)
grandparents might be a better bet.
Well anticipated, Penny.

Mike Ruddock
Penny
2017-07-04 19:08:32 UTC
On Tue, 4 Jul 2017 19:25:12 +0100, Mike Ruddock <***@btinternet.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Spoilt brat. A chip off the Krait block.
I'm guessing that she's feeling pressured by the rich kids at Oxford who
don't need to work in the summer.
But she's putting the squeeze on the wrong parent. In fact her (Aldridge)
grandparents might be a better bet.
Well anticipated, Penny.
<polishes crystal ball>

Although her protestations didn't sound quite right to me, they sounded too
genuine.
2017-07-05 07:55:32 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Spoilt brat. A chip off the Krait block.
I'm guessing that she's feeling pressured by the rich kids at Oxford who
don't need to work in the summer.
But she's putting the squeeze on the wrong parent. In fact her (Aldridge)
grandparents might be a better bet.
Well anticipated, Penny.
<polishes crystal ball>
Although her protestations didn't sound quite right to me, they sounded too
genuine.
Perhaps Jenny should have simply said to Feebs (to use student-type
parlance for clarity of meaning) "Feebs, build a bridge..."
2017-07-05 11:11:47 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Spoilt brat. A chip off the Krait block.
I'm guessing that she's feeling pressured by the rich kids at Oxford who
don't need to work in the summer.
But she's putting the squeeze on the wrong parent. In fact her (Aldridge)
grandparents might be a better bet.
Well anticipated, Penny.
<polishes crystal ball>
Although her protestations didn't sound quite right to me, they sounded too
genuine.
Perhaps Jenny should have simply said to Feebs (to use student-type
parlance for clarity of meaning) "Feebs, build a bridge..."
Phoebe want a new hard-drive for her laptop? Why? and why go shopping
for it? I'm about to go to ebay.

PS. I thought Jennifer was supposed to be literate?
Vicky
2017-07-05 12:03:38 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Spoilt brat. A chip off the Krait block.
I'm guessing that she's feeling pressured by the rich kids at Oxford who
don't need to work in the summer.
But she's putting the squeeze on the wrong parent. In fact her (Aldridge)
grandparents might be a better bet.
Well anticipated, Penny.
<polishes crystal ball>
Although her protestations didn't sound quite right to me, they sounded too
genuine.
Perhaps Jenny should have simply said to Feebs (to use student-type
parlance for clarity of meaning) "Feebs, build a bridge..."
Phoebe want a new hard-drive for her laptop? Why? and why go shopping
for it? I'm about to go to ebay.
PS. I thought Jennifer was supposed to be literate?
I've heard it too now. Since Alice worked in the uni holidays why does
Phoebe think she need not? Or is it because Oxford? More work than
Southampton?

On the other hand, grannies! On Monday 2 yr old grandaughter, who
still likes to throw things on the floor, didn't throw the supper dish
as I took it away fast when she wasn't eating, but she grabbed some
mats from the table, took them from the box and threw them and the
box. She'd already thrown all the stacking cups all over earlier after
playing with them and I mostly can't get her to pick things up.

So I said grandma doesn't like that. You must have time out. I've seen
her 11 yr old brother do that a couple of times and he put her in the
cot. But I just left her in the highchair and went and sat on the
sofa. Then she put her arms down on the highchair table and her head
on her arms! Face down. I felt awful! I didn't think she really cared
about the time out thing. It never really had an effect when grandson
did it.I counted to five and got her out and am still feeling guilty!

I have a horrible feeling if she tells me in 18 years time, if I am
still around and not gaga, that she is broke and if I can afford it I
will give her the money too, like Jenny. I mostly did for her mum.
2017-07-06 07:09:42 UTC
Post by Vicky
[...]
Clever girl, she knows exactly how to push Grandma's buttons :)
2017-07-06 08:34:45 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Vicky
[...]
It's not fair! If I pretend to cry about something she just looks
interested or laughs!

I looked for a book about throwing food as she loves one she has;
Hands are not for hitting. The series also has Feet are not for
Kicking and Teeth are not for biting but I was unable to find a real
book on throwing food, just an ebook, so got that
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NFUPB56/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Don't Throw things when you eat!.

She liked it when we read it yesterday (9 times) and nothing was then
thrown at supper time :). It seems her generation are equally happy
with ebooks. Sadly I was not able to leave it for her as it's on my
tablet. She's very comfortable swiping and tapping.
the Omrud
2017-07-05 12:49:32 UTC
Post by Mike Ruddock
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Spoilt brat. A chip off the Krait block.
I'm guessing that she's feeling pressured by the rich kids at Oxford who
don't need to work in the summer.
But she's putting the squeeze on the wrong parent. In fact her (Aldridge)
grandparents might be a better bet.
Well anticipated, Penny.
<polishes crystal ball>
Although her protestations didn't sound quite right to me, they sounded too
genuine.
Perhaps Jenny should have simply said to Feebs (to use student-type
parlance for clarity of meaning) "Feebs, build a bridge..."
Phoebe want a new hard-drive for her laptop? Why? and why go shopping
for it? I'm about to go to ebay.
PS. I thought Jennifer was supposed to be literate?
Indeed. And has nobody thought to check check on this Vane woman?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=harriet+vane
David
Chris McMillan
2017-07-04 18:03:46 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Spoilt brat. A chip off the Krait block.
I'm guessing that she's feeling pressured by the rich kids at Oxford who
don't need to work in the summer.
Charitably, yes. Hopefully not modeling her 'wants' on what Alis said life
as a stoodent was like for her.

Sincerely Chris
Marjorie
2017-07-05 08:01:50 UTC
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Spoilt brat. A chip off the Krait block.
I'm guessing that she's feeling pressured by the rich kids at Oxford who
don't need to work in the summer.
Charitably, yes. Hopefully not modeling her 'wants' on what Alis said life
as a stoodent was like for her.
Alice worked as a chambermaid, and I think she also helped Adam out with
the picking. Phoebe doesn't want to deman herself with manual work.

I think the SWs have an image of Oxford being full of posh, rich
students who don't need to work in the holidays. It's just not true -
most of them are just ordinary students who will be taking all manner of
summer jobs in order to finance their "Interrailing" or whatever. Oxford
does not trasnform sensible, well adjusted students into snobbish and
lazy parasites with a misplaced sense of entitlement. Jenny, however, is
working towards this.
--
Marjorie

To reply, replace dontusethisaddress with marje
the Omrud
2017-07-05 12:51:15 UTC
Post by Marjorie
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by the Omrud
Post by Chris McMillan
Spoilt brat. A chip off the Krait block.
I'm guessing that she's feeling pressured by the rich kids at Oxford who
don't need to work in the summer.
Charitably, yes. Hopefully not modeling her 'wants' on what Alis said life
as a stoodent was like for her.
Alice worked as a chambermaid, and I think she also helped Adam out with
the picking. Phoebe doesn't want to deman herself with manual work.
I think the SWs have an image of Oxford being full of posh, rich
students who don't need to work in the holidays. It's just not true -
most of them are just ordinary students who will be taking all manner of
summer jobs in order to finance their "Interrailing" or whatever.
Oh, sure, but there will be some. Perhaps Phoebe has chosen rich
friends. What's she studying? PPE? Tends to attract public school
types, methinks.
--
David