OT gransnet posts I enjoyed
2018-09-01 10:15:05 UTC
https://www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1251862-How-our-social-lives-have-changed?pg=2
The posts are about changing social habits.

I enjoyed a little nostalgia and thought umrats might like it too.
Because my family were non-uk-born we possibly ate out a little more
than others, anyway when visiting family in Austria. But I do recall
being taken to my first Chinese restaurant, opposite the Hipodrome in
Golders Green, when aged around 10.

And we did go round to other women's houses for coffee and not out to
cafes usually when the kids were small. And I never went to pubs
alone, or even with friends really, but my daughters do, and have
coffees out etc and eat out much more often.
Penny
2018-09-01 16:27:26 UTC
On Sat, 01 Sep 2018 11:15:05 +0100, Vicky Ayech <***@gmail.com>
I do recall
being taken to my first Chinese restaurant, opposite the Hipodrome in
Golders Green, when aged around 10.
I was probably around the same age when we went to a newly opened Chinese
restaurant in Hemel Hempstead. Watford had no Chinese restaurant then
(early '60s) but several Indian restaurants, often up before the bench for
serving unidentified 'meat' in their curries - my father reckoned cat or
dog - I've never trusted menu items described as 'meat' since.
2018-09-01 17:12:14 UTC
I do recall
being taken to my first Chinese restaurant, opposite the Hipodrome in
Golders Green, when aged around 10.
I was probably around the same age when we went to a newly opened Chinese
restaurant in Hemel Hempstead. Watford had no Chinese restaurant then
(early '60s) but several Indian restaurants, often up before the bench for
serving unidentified 'meat' in their curries - my father reckoned cat or
dog - I've never trusted menu items described as 'meat' since.
We used to eat at a Chinese restaurant which had a long menu of
vegetarian options - vegetarian ham, vegetarian beef, vegetarian
chicken, vegetarian duck etc. I assume it was all soya of some sort but
the beef and chicken were so much like the real thing that I was always
wary of them. The duck wasn't like duck but it was very good.
2018-09-01 17:30:28 UTC
Post by LFS
I do recall
being taken to my first Chinese restaurant, opposite the Hipodrome in
Golders Green, when aged around 10.
I was probably around the same age when we went to a newly opened Chinese
restaurant in Hemel Hempstead. Watford had no Chinese restaurant then
(early '60s) but several Indian restaurants, often up before the bench for
serving unidentified 'meat' in their curries - my father reckoned cat or
dog - I've never trusted menu items described as 'meat' since.
We used to eat at a Chinese restaurant which had a long menu of
vegetarian options - vegetarian ham, vegetarian beef, vegetarian
chicken, vegetarian duck etc. I assume it was all soya of some sort but
the beef and chicken were so much like the real thing that I was always
wary of them. The duck wasn't like duck but it was very good.
If it doesn’t taste, smell, look or quack like a duck...