gotcha. Very off topic.
2017-02-19 19:47:13 UTC
Just want to share this with foodie umrats, of which I know there are some
in these parts along with the techie ones, who are more.

I love omelettes but for a while I have been confused by what an item
carrying this name on a menu both looks and tastes like.

I have recognised the ones cooked in an electric grill with a mould.
Disgustingly dry. But others have got me wondering how the omelette looking
item was produced.

I have just opened a link from Lakeland and the mystery is solved. They
have some plastic steaming contraption that claims to cook an omelette in a
ping oven! This explains the disgusting limp and tasteless offerings I
have been served. Yuk.
Peter Percival
2017-02-19 20:35:17 UTC
Just want to share this with foodie umrats, of which I know there are some
in these parts along with the techie ones, who are more.
I love omelettes
Me too! Would you like to come round and see my collection some time?
Post by Btms
but for a while I have been confused by what an item
carrying this name on a menu both looks and tastes like.
I have recognised the ones cooked in an electric grill with a mould.
Disgustingly dry. But others have got me wondering how the omelette looking
item was produced.
I have just opened a link from Lakeland and the mystery is solved. They
have some plastic steaming contraption that claims to cook an omelette in a
ping oven! This explains the disgusting limp and tasteless offerings I
have been served. Yuk.
Cook your own girl, use a heavy very hot frying pan and a good dollop of
ghee.
to me what you really mean.
2017-02-19 21:16:59 UTC
Post by Btms
but for a while I have been confused by what an item
carrying this name on a menu both looks and tastes like.
I have recognised the ones cooked in an electric grill with a mould.
Disgustingly dry. But others have got me wondering how the omelette looking
item was produced.
I have just opened a link from Lakeland and the mystery is solved. They
have some plastic steaming contraption that claims to cook an omelette in a
ping oven! This explains the disgusting limp and tasteless offerings I
have been served. Yuk.
Cook your own girl, use a heavy very hot frying pan and a good dollop of
ghee.
Of course. However, this is not an option when in a restaurant or a pub and
food is being ordered. I suppose I might ask if chef would let me go to
the kitchen and cook. 🤔.

Not with ghee, fat too many calories. A combination of rape oil and butter.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Joe Kerr
2017-02-20 00:19:15 UTC
<snip>
Post by Btms
Not with ghee, fat too many calories. A combination of rape oil and butter.
That would be about the same number of calories. Fat is (more or less) fat
when it comes to calories.
Ric.
John Ashby
2017-02-19 21:35:28 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Cook your own girl, use a heavy very hot frying pan and a good dollop of
ghee.
Girls make very poor omelettes, eggs are better. Or you may have missed
out a comma between the third and fourth word.

DITAFPOU?

john
Peter Percival
2017-02-19 21:40:02 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Cook your own girl, use a heavy very hot frying pan and a good dollop of
ghee.
Girls make very poor omelettes,
We cannibals aren't fussy.
amholcroft
2017-02-20 16:26:13 UTC
Patently...
amholcroft
2017-02-20 16:36:52 UTC
Or possibly patiently. Bear with me umra, it's been a while.
krw
2017-02-20 16:46:16 UTC
Post by amholcroft
Or possibly patiently. Bear with me umra, it's been a while.
Welcome back. Are you using Google Gropes and do you want some guidance?
tiny.cc/KRWpics
amholcroft
2017-02-20 17:39:27 UTC
Google groups is a nightmare.
But I shall persevere. Tell Sid I'm still out here.
krw
2017-02-20 22:33:39 UTC
Post by amholcroft
Google groups is a nightmare.
But I shall persevere. Tell Sid I'm still out here.
OK. But your wise words are appearing without quoting previous post -
it helps us all if you can quote something relevant please?
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Fenny
2017-02-20 23:00:54 UTC
Post by amholcroft
Google groups is a nightmare.
But I shall persevere. Tell Sid I'm still out here.
OK. But your wise words are appearing without quoting previous post -
it helps us all if you can quote something relevant please?
But please don't quote the entire tome just for a 3 word response!
2017-02-21 07:58:28 UTC
Post by amholcroft
Google groups is a nightmare.
But I shall persevere. Tell Sid I'm still out here.
Sid has received the message and is delighted!
2017-02-21 10:42:52 UTC
On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 07:58:28 +0000, Sid Nuncius
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by amholcroft
Google groups is a nightmare.
But I shall persevere. Tell Sid I'm still out here.
Sid has received the message and is delighted!
Why especially mention Sid? Are you a nun, or a purveyor of chrisps?
We're all glad when umrats return to the fold, like a herd of
sheepdogs.
amholcroft
2017-02-21 11:36:05 UTC
Questions, questions! Sid is a mensch. Possibly also a thirteen year old girl from Torbay, but nevertheless a mensch. And sorry, I still haven't got to grips with Google groups.
Mike McMillan
2017-02-21 12:03:06 UTC
Post by amholcroft
Questions, questions! Sid is a mensch. Possibly also a thirteen year old
girl from Torbay, but nevertheless a mensch. And sorry, I still haven't
got to grips with Google groups.
Perhaps it is time for the truth to come 'out'; Sid Nun is not his real
name, he posts under this name 'cos nobody would believe his real monicker
which is Rambling Sid Rumplestiltskinhaugh. You may think he lives near a
sheepherder's bush in Lunnun, really he resides in Outer Mongolia and is
the mastermind behind the Pan-galactic gargleblaster healing programme that
is still in the 'need to know' category of revolutionary development. Oops!
I hope I haven't blown your cover there Sid?
2017-02-21 12:51:43 UTC
ROFL SO that's who's been sexting me :)
Sid Nuncius
2017-02-21 16:43:58 UTC
Post by amholcroft
Questions, questions! Sid is a mensch. Possibly also a thirteen year old girl from Torbay, but nevertheless a mensch. And sorry, I still haven't got to grips with Google groups.
Nugger! Rumbled! But please don't mention it to wofe, who would be
very startled if she finally found out after 41 years together.
Peter Percival
2017-02-21 17:01:31 UTC
Post by amholcroft
Questions, questions! Sid is a mensch. Possibly also a thirteen year
old girl from Torbay, but nevertheless a mensch. And sorry, I still
haven't got to grips with Google groups.
Nugger! Rumbled! But please don't mention it to wofe, who would be
very startled if she finally found out after 41 years together.
So when you and wofe first got together you were minus 28 years old. Do
tell us how it's done. As an optional extra tell how being a girl from
Torbay is done too, but it's the negativity that interests me most.

to me what you really mean.
2017-02-21 19:12:32 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by amholcroft
Questions, questions! Sid is a mensch. Possibly also a thirteen year
old girl from Torbay, but nevertheless a mensch. And sorry, I still
haven't got to grips with Google groups.
Nugger! Rumbled! But please don't mention it to wofe, who would be
very startled if she finally found out after 41 years together.
So when you and wofe first got together you were minus 28 years old. Do
tell us how it's done.
That's just fake mathematics. I have alternative numbers.
Peter Percival
2017-02-21 19:57:35 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Post by Sid Nuncius
Post by amholcroft
Questions, questions! Sid is a mensch. Possibly also a thirteen year
old girl from Torbay, but nevertheless a mensch. And sorry, I still
haven't got to grips with Google groups.
Nugger! Rumbled! But please don't mention it to wofe, who would be
very startled if she finally found out after 41 years together.
So when you and wofe first got together you were minus 28 years old. Do
tell us how it's done.
That's just fake mathematics. I have alternative numbers.
You're the sort of fellow anyone would be proud to associate with.
to me what you really mean.
2017-02-21 21:08:00 UTC
Post by amholcroft
Questions, questions! Sid is a mensch. Possibly also a thirteen year
old girl from Torbay, but nevertheless a mensch. And sorry, I still
haven't got to grips with Google groups.
Nugger! Rumbled! But please don't mention it to wofe, who would be
very startled if she finally found out after 41 years together.
And they say the NHS isn't any good.
Well done that Sid!

2017-02-21 18:56:30 UTC
On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 03:36:05 -0800 (PST), amholcroft
Post by amholcroft
Questions, questions! Sid is a mensch. Possibly also a thirteen year old girl from Torbay, but nevertheless a mensch. And sorry, I still haven't got to grips with Google groups.
I'd be worried if he was a 13 yr old girl, as it's well over 20 years
since I started reading his pearls of nundom on umra. And I posted
his mug to an (possibly accommodation) address in Lunnon.
Peter Percival
2017-02-21 20:00:06 UTC
Post by Fenny
I'd be worried if he was a 13 yr old girl, as it's well over 20 years
since I started reading his pearls of nundom on umra. And I posted
his mug to an (possibly accommodation) address in Lunnon.
Not one of those "wanted dead or alive" mug shots, I hope?
to me what you really mean.
2017-02-21 22:45:44 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Post by Fenny
I'd be worried if he was a 13 yr old girl, as it's well over 20 years
since I started reading his pearls of nundom on umra. And I posted
his mug to an (possibly accommodation) address in Lunnon.
Not one of those "wanted dead or alive" mug shots, I hope?
I believe it was an umra mug.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Sid Nuncius
2017-02-22 06:43:58 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Post by Fenny
I'd be worried if he was a 13 yr old girl, as it's well over 20 years
since I started reading his pearls of nundom on umra. And I posted
his mug to an (possibly accommodation) address in Lunnon.
Not one of those "wanted dead or alive" mug shots, I hope?
I believe it was an umra mug.
It was. And jolly appreciative I am, too.
Peter Percival
2017-02-21 09:26:24 UTC
Post by amholcroft
Google groups is a nightmare.
But I shall persevere.
Why? Why not use a news server and a news reader?
Post by amholcroft
Tell Sid I'm still out here.
to me what you really mean.
2017-02-20 16:46:40 UTC
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 08:36:52 -0800 (PST), amholcroft <***@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by amholcroft
Or possibly patiently. Bear with me umra, it's been a while.
Hi Anna, welcome back!
Google groups... good luck.
amholcroft
2017-02-20 17:40:54 UTC
I need it.
Chris McMillan
2017-02-20 17:41:44 UTC
Post by amholcroft
Or possibly patiently. Bear with me umra, it's been a while.
Oohhh! We'll bear patiently Michelle! Welcome home

2017-02-20 18:08:21 UTC
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 17:41:44 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by amholcroft
Or possibly patiently. Bear with me umra, it's been a while.
Oohhh! We'll bear patiently Michelle! Welcome home
Ah, I hadn't forgotten the person, just the name d'umra - so checked on
facebook, mistake, sorry.
2017-02-20 18:29:38 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by amholcroft
Or possibly patiently. Bear with me umra, it's been a while.
Oohhh! We'll bear patiently Michelle! Welcome home
Ah, I hadn't forgotten the person, just the name d'umra - so checked on
facebook, mistake, sorry.
She's always been Michelle here, I refuse to accept this Anna .....!!

Sincerely Chris
amholcroft
2017-02-20 18:58:07 UTC
Blimey! I've always loathed the Anna/hyphen bit of my name. Bit late to change it now...
Penny
2017-02-21 00:25:01 UTC
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 10:58:07 -0800 (PST), amholcroft <***@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by amholcroft
Blimey! I've always loathed the Anna/hyphen bit of my name. Bit late to change it now...
Yes, sorry about that, I knew it didn't feel right.
2017-02-21 07:44:48 UTC
Welcome back Mish Holcroft....
krw
2017-02-21 10:02:14 UTC
Post by amholcroft
Blimey! I've always loathed the Anna/hyphen bit of my name. Bit late to change it now...
Yes, sorry about that, I knew it didn't feel right.
I am sure you can call yourself what you like on most of t'internet.
Facebook however seems to think that we are the same to all people and
frankly they are wrong.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Fenny
2017-02-21 18:57:38 UTC
I am sure you can call yourself what you like on most of t'internet.
Facebook however seems to think that we are the same to all people and
frankly they are wrong.
Facebook can go fake news themselves!
amholcroft
2017-02-20 18:27:03 UTC
krw. Any advice gratefully received.
krichardw
2017-02-20 22:36:02 UTC
Post by amholcroft
krw. Any advice gratefully received.
I am responding to this on Google Groups.

I have left in your message
krichardw
2017-02-20 22:37:42 UTC
Post by krichardw
Post by amholcroft
krw. Any advice gratefully received.
I am responding to this on Google Groups.
I have left in your message
I merely hit the reply arrow and it left in the previous messages in the box I am now typing in.

Does that explain what is missing?

Remembers to add signature:
Kosmo R W
Nick Odell
2017-02-21 00:08:49 UTC
Post by amholcroft
Or possibly patiently. Bear with me umra, it's been a while.
Delighted to see you here again. Along with the adage that 65% of
statistics are just made up must go 79% of umrats who return via
google groups give up. I`ve no idea of the true number but it is a
lot. Google groups is do-able but it is hard work. Finding another
newsreader is a step in the right direction.

Nick (from Buenos Aires courtesy of Agent-on-a-stick)
BrritSki
2017-02-20 07:35:36 UTC
DITAFPOU?
ITYM DI*N*TAFPOU.
DINTAFPOU ? ;)
Jenny M Benson
2017-02-20 00:22:21 UTC
I have just opened a link from Lakeland and the mystery is solved. They
have some plastic steaming contraption that claims to cook an omelette in a
ping oven! This explains the disgusting limp and tasteless offerings I
have been served. Yuk.
They've been around for yonks. I had one in the dim and distant past.
2017-02-20 08:30:41 UTC
I have just opened a link from Lakeland and the mystery is solved. They
have some plastic steaming contraption that claims to cook an omelette in a
ping oven! This explains the disgusting limp and tasteless offerings I
have been served. Yuk.
They've been around for yonks. I had one in the dim and distant past.
Very possibly but I have only just realised why one gets such peculiar
looking and tasteless offerings when ordering an omelette.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Mike Ruddock
2017-02-20 09:46:15 UTC
I have just opened a link from Lakeland and the mystery is solved. They
have some plastic steaming contraption that claims to cook an omelette in a
ping oven! This explains the disgusting limp and tasteless offerings I
have been served. Yuk.
They've been around for yonks. I had one in the dim and distant past.
Very possibly but I have only just realised why one gets such peculiar
looking and tasteless offerings when ordering an omelette.
But not in France.

Mike Ruddock

---
2017-02-20 11:03:43 UTC
I love omelettes but for a while I have been confused by what an item
carrying this name on a menu both looks and tastes like.
I have recognised the ones cooked in an electric grill with a mould.
Disgustingly dry. But others have got me wondering how the omelette looking
item was produced.
I have just opened a link from Lakeland and the mystery is solved. They
have some plastic steaming contraption that claims to cook an omelette in a
ping oven! This explains the disgusting limp and tasteless offerings I
have been served. Yuk.
I dimly recall hearing of an establishment where a request for an
omelette was met with "They haven't been delivered today."
Suggestions that an egg or two, from the pile intended for
frying, might be pressed into service did not go down well.

***@cdixon.me.uk
2017-02-20 11:47:46 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Btms
I love omelettes but for a while I have been confused by what an item
carrying this name on a menu both looks and tastes like.
I have recognised the ones cooked in an electric grill with a mould.
Disgustingly dry. But others have got me wondering how the omelette looking
item was produced.
I have just opened a link from Lakeland and the mystery is solved. They
have some plastic steaming contraption that claims to cook an omelette in a
ping oven! This explains the disgusting limp and tasteless offerings I
have been served. Yuk.
I dimly recall hearing of an establishment where a request for an
omelette was met with "They haven't been delivered today."
Suggestions that an egg or two, from the pile intended for
frying, might be pressed into service did not go down well.
Chris
I often see a young chef asked to cook an omelette on TV cookery
programmes. It seems to stump them!
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Penny
2017-02-20 12:20:08 UTC
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:03:43 +0000, Chris J Dixon <***@cdixon.me.uk>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Chris J Dixon
I dimly recall hearing of an establishment where a request for an
omelette was met with "They haven't been delivered today."
Suggestions that an egg or two, from the pile intended for
frying, might be pressed into service did not go down well.
On our first visit to Crete in 1978, the Husgod and I stopped for lunch at
a small taverna in a hill village. One of the things on offer was omelette
- we didn't choose that but during the time we were there several other
folk did and we realised that every time this happened the aging
grandmother struggled off up the hill and returned a little later with an
omelette on a plate. They did look good and each delivery tended to
generate at least one more order. The little old lady got grumpier and
grumpier.

The most amazing omelette I recall being served was in an Hotel in Ireland.
We were camping but had a night in an hotel so we could bath, wash hair etc
between spending a week near Dingle and a week in Connemara. I asked for
mushroom omelette. I was about 11 and had never seen an omelette made with
more than two eggs or slices of mushroom quite so big. Afterwards the
waiter suggested my school friend and I might like an Irish coffee - there
was no booze involved but the tall cup had a layer of sugar on the bottom,
hot coffee in the middle and a great pile of whipped cream on top -
delicious :)
2017-02-20 12:28:52 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
I dimly recall hearing of an establishment where a request for an
omelette was met with "They haven't been delivered today."
Suggestions that an egg or two, from the pile intended for
frying, might be pressed into service did not go down well.
On our first visit to Crete in 1978, the Husgod and I stopped for lunch at
a small taverna in a hill village. One of the things on offer was omelette
- we didn't choose that but during the time we were there several other
folk did and we realised that every time this happened the aging
grandmother struggled off up the hill and returned a little later with an
omelette on a plate. They did look good and each delivery tended to
generate at least one more order. The little old lady got grumpier and
grumpier.
[]

So why did grandma need to up a hill to cook it? Did you ever find out.
ITWSBT 😜
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Penny
2017-02-20 13:20:07 UTC
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:28:52 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
Post by Chris J Dixon
[...]
We never found out but, knowing the sort of fare available, I imagine there
were only facilities for deep frying or grilling/roasting skewered meat and
veg in the kitchen of the taverna.
Marjorie
2017-02-25 08:18:27 UTC
Just want to share this with foodie umrats, of which I know there are some
in these parts along with the techie ones, who are more.
I love omelettes but for a while I have been confused by what an item
carrying this name on a menu both looks and tastes like.
I have recognised the ones cooked in an electric grill with a mould.
Disgustingly dry. But others have got me wondering how the omelette looking
item was produced.
I have just opened a link from Lakeland and the mystery is solved. They
have some plastic steaming contraption that claims to cook an omelette in a
ping oven! This explains the disgusting limp and tasteless offerings I
have been served. Yuk.
I recently had an omelette in an airline meal. I was wondering why it
resembled some sort of yellow plastic foam, like a kitchen cleaning pad.
Now I know.
--
Marjorie

To reply, replace dontusethisaddress with marje
BrritSki
2017-02-25 08:39:27 UTC
Post by Marjorie
Post by Btms
I have just opened a link from Lakeland and the mystery is solved. They
have some plastic steaming contraption that claims to cook an omelette
in a ping oven! This explains the disgusting limp and tasteless offerings I
have been served. Yuk.
I recently had an omelette in an airline meal. I was wondering why it
resembled some sort of yellow plastic foam, like a kitchen cleaning pad.
Now I know.
James Martin cooked one last week on his France program and it looked
disgusting. Filling and topping look nice (apart from cream?) and I
agree that the middle should be baveuse, but there was just no colour on
it at all. Yuk.
krw
2017-02-25 14:00:59 UTC
but there was just no colour on it at all.
Egg white omelette as ordered by Rosie on Corrie?
tiny.cc/KRWpics