Sad to say
2017-02-17 16:06:48 UTC
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Peter Percival
2017-02-17 16:40:28 UTC
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Was he a priest or summat?
to me what you really mean.
2017-02-17 18:10:56 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Post by krw
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Was he a priest or summat?
Yes, for the last few weeks of his life but he'd been working towards being
so for many years.

Sincerely Chris
Peter Percival
2017-02-17 19:33:32 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Post by krw
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Was he a priest or summat?
Yes, for the last few weeks of his life but he'd been working towards being
so for many years.
A priest at the summat would be a bish or even a cardinal. (Just to
make the point.)
to me what you really mean.
Peter Percival
2017-02-17 16:41:41 UTC
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Where were you when you last had him?
to me what you really mean.
2017-02-17 16:54:18 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Post by krw
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Where were you when you last had him?
Musician originally. Later ordained as a priest.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Jenny M Benson
2017-02-17 17:31:41 UTC
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Very sorry to hear that.

I have a sort of Umratic connection to Mr Skellern: Bob Archer,
previously of this parish, and I went to see him and Mr Stilgoe perform
in Bury St Edmunds some few years ago. We only had one ticket between
us and had planned to see half the show each but Bob was able to get a
returned ticket at the last minute ... and it turned out to be for the
seat next to mine!
2017-02-17 17:55:39 UTC
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Very sorry to hear that.
I have a sort of Umratic connection to Mr Skellern: Bob Archer,
previously of this parish, and I went to see him and Mr Stilgoe perform
in Bury St Edmunds some few years ago. We only had one ticket between
us and had planned to see half the show each but Bob was able to get a
returned ticket at the last minute ... and it turned out to be for the
seat next to mine!
A brilliant duo. I saw them twice.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-02-17 20:53:43 UTC
In message
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Very sorry to hear that.
I have a sort of Umratic connection to Mr Skellern: Bob Archer,
previously of this parish, and I went to see him and Mr Stilgoe perform
in Bury St Edmunds some few years ago. We only had one ticket between
us and had planned to see half the show each but Bob was able to get a
returned ticket at the last minute ... and it turned out to be for the
seat next to mine!
A brilliant duo. I saw them twice.
Jenny and Bob (-:?

(As Chris says, nice memory; thanks for sharing.)

Advertising is legalized lying. - H.G. Wells
Chris McMillan
2017-02-17 18:10:57 UTC
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Very sorry to hear that.
I have a sort of Umratic connection to Mr Skellern: Bob Archer,
previously of this parish, and I went to see him and Mr Stilgoe perform
in Bury St Edmunds some few years ago. We only had one ticket between
us and had planned to see half the show each but Bob was able to get a
returned ticket at the last minute ... and it turned out to be for the
seat next to mine!
Brilliant, what a lovely memory!

2017-02-17 18:38:56 UTC
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Very sorry to hear that.
I have a sort of Umratic connection to Mr Skellern: Bob Archer,
previously of this parish, and I went to see him and Mr Stilgoe perform
in Bury St Edmunds some few years ago. We only had one ticket between
us and had planned to see half the show each but Bob was able to get a
returned ticket at the last minute ... and it turned out to be for the
seat next to mine!
Never met Mr. Skellern, but have worked with Richard Stilgoe a number of
times at the RAH, lovely man.
2017-02-18 08:59:09 UTC
Post by Mike McMillan
Never met Mr. Skellern, but have worked with Richard Stilgoe a number of
times at the RAH, lovely man.
Granada, around '68, had a topical review programme called "At
Last it's Friday", for which free tickets were given out at
college - we seemed to be the demographic they were looking for.
Richard Stilgoe starred, along with Jeremy Taylor, Diana Quick
and Keith Dewhurst. The audience was so small that the warm-up
was done around a conference table in another room, whilst the
news was being transmitted.

***@cdixon.me.uk
2017-02-18 10:23:01 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Mike McMillan
Never met Mr. Skellern, but have worked with Richard Stilgoe a number of
times at the RAH, lovely man.
Granada, around '68, had a topical review programme called "At
Last it's Friday", for which free tickets were given out at
college - we seemed to be the demographic they were looking for.
Richard Stilgoe starred, along with Jeremy Taylor, Diana Quick
and Keith Dewhurst. The audience was so small that the warm-up
was done around a conference table in another room, whilst the
news was being transmitted.
Chris
Richard Stilgoe used to be part of a radio programme, songs and
sketches, I remember a sketch about people on yachts in marinas.
Definitions. Marina Berth, miscalculation of dates.
And a song Trying to Catch the Wind. I think they went to the boat
show and did audio of someone learning to wind surf. Lots of shout and
splash.
2017-02-18 10:34:57 UTC
Post by Vicky
Richard Stilgoe used to be part of a radio programme, songs and
sketches, I remember a sketch about people on yachts in marinas.
Definitions. Marina Berth, miscalculation of dates.
And a song Trying to Catch the Wind. I think they went to the boat
show and did audio of someone learning to wind surf. Lots of shout and
splash.
That sounds as though it might have been an epi of Stilgoe's Around. I
have recordings of the Barclay's, Champney's, Christie's, Guy's Hospital
and Stately Homes progs but not one about the Boat Show.
2017-02-18 11:56:47 UTC
Post by Vicky
Richard Stilgoe used to be part of a radio programme, songs and
sketches, I remember a sketch about people on yachts in marinas.
Definitions. Marina Berth, miscalculation of dates.
And a song Trying to Catch the Wind. I think they went to the boat
show and did audio of someone learning to wind surf. Lots of shout and
splash.
That sounds as though it might have been an epi of Stilgoe's Around. I
have recordings of the Barclay's, Champney's, Christie's, Guy's
Hospital and Stately Homes progs but not one about the Boat Show.
I have Christie's [cello; Henry Moore moth] and Health Farm [house of
(credit) cards; Henry Moore moth]. Both about 25M as a .mp3 file. Not
sure where I got them, though my files are dated 2010-6-9.

I have also heard - though don't _think_ I've got - him doing an
informative (but of course amusing) talk on musical plagiarism. ("You
want a baseline decision - are you sure you're in the right sort of
court?")

As a child, I was interested in science, but thought that to understand
electricity it was best to experiment by sticking a pin into a plug socket. It
hurt, so I turned to the arts instead. - Robin Ince, RT 2017/1/14-20
Mike McMillan
2017-02-18 11:15:40 UTC
Post by Vicky
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Mike McMillan
[...]
There was another series called something like The Saturday Traffic Jam
Show.
Peter Percival
2017-02-17 18:48:12 UTC
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Very sorry to hear that.
I have a sort of Umratic connection to Mr Skellern: Bob Archer,
previously of this parish, and I went to see him and Mr Stilgoe
He offsprung one Joe a pianist.
2017-02-17 17:55:39 UTC
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Nugger. Nugger Nugger. How is Joyce the librarian 😥
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Peter Percival
2017-02-17 18:53:08 UTC
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Nugger. Nugger Nugger. How is Joyce the librarian 😥
Fully booked. Certainly not left on the shelf, but no binding commitments.
to me what you really mean.
2017-02-17 20:52:23 UTC
In message
Post by krw
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Nugger. Nugger Nugger. How is Joyce the librarian 0 >
It is cold in Bratislava?

Advertising is legalized lying. - H.G. Wells
Sid Nuncius
2017-02-18 09:42:32 UTC
In message
Post by krw
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Nugger. Nugger Nugger. How is Joyce the librarian 0 >
It is cold in Bratislava?
Has Pauli Hikillo moved from Finland to Slovakia?
2017-02-18 11:58:26 UTC
Post by krw
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Nugger. Nugger Nugger. How is Joyce the librarian 0 >
It is cold in Bratislava?
Has Pauli Hikillo moved from Finland to Slovakia?
Are bears catholic?
Only if the pope ....s in the woods.

Sid Nuncius
2017-02-18 16:36:44 UTC
Post by krw
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
Nugger. Nugger Nugger. How is Joyce the librarian 0 >
It is cold in Bratislava?
Has Pauli Hikillo moved from Finland to Slovakia?
Are bears catholic?
Only if the pope ....s in the woods.
Now, Pope droppings are very intere...OW!

Honestly! Some people!
Steve Hague
2017-02-18 12:30:56 UTC
That we have now lost Peter Skellern.
We have a CD of him somewhere. I didn't know he was ordained. A similar
career path to Richard Coles then.