editotial vision
2018-06-27 09:55:48 UTC
I feel there is a lack of vision in TA atm. I blame the appointment of soc
who, in essence, had one storyline and only one, followed by a lack of
appropriate editorial candidates. Now, as we all know, I did apply but I
am not bitter. Maybe a bit sniffy. Not bitter; well maybe a bit! Imho
so much strategic long term planning was abandoned because of the focus on
Rob and Helen. The role of Editor is now a bit of a tarnished chalice.
Social media may be having a negative affect on the Ambridge gods. When I
am appointed, I will forbid all viewing with the exception of umra. Just
letting you know.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-06-28 02:30:24 UTC
In message <***@ios.app.newstap>, Btms
<***@thetames.me.uk> writes:
>I feel there is a lack of vision in TA atm. I blame the appointment of soc
>who, in essence, had one storyline and only one, followed by a lack of
>appropriate editorial candidates. Now, as we all know, I did apply but I
>am not bitter. Maybe a bit sniffy. Not bitter; well maybe a bit! Imho

At the moment, bitter is more likely to be available than lager!

>so much strategic long term planning was abandoned because of the focus on

Seriously, I think you have a good point; the ship _does_ seem a bit
rudderless at the moment.

>Rob and Helen. The role of Editor is now a bit of a tarnished chalice.
>Social media may be having a negative affect on the Ambridge gods. When I

Could you expand on that? (I don't disagree: I just don't know what you
mean. As a non-user of [what is usually meant by] social media, I don't
know too much about its effects. [Of course, I consider this to be a
social medium - and of course superior to the more modern variants (-:])

>am appointed, I will forbid all viewing with the exception of umra. Just
>letting you know.

What, all TV?

5

I reckon in a few years we'll have GoogleBum. You'll type in someone's name
and it will show you what their bum looks like. Even if they've never posted a
nude picture, it will reconstruct their bum from bits of their face and leg
and whatever else they can find. - Charlie Brooker, RT 2014/12/13-19
Btms
2018-06-28 14:38:47 UTC
J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG-***@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <***@ios.app.newstap>, Btms
> <***@thetames.me.uk> writes:
>> I feel there is a lack of vision in TA atm. I blame the appointment of soc
>> who, in essence, had one storyline and only one, followed by a lack of
>> appropriate editorial candidates. Now, as we all know, I did apply but I
>> am not bitter. Maybe a bit sniffy. Not bitter; well maybe a bit! Imho
>
> At the moment, bitter is more likely to be available than lager!
>
>> so much strategic long term planning was abandoned because of the focus on
>
> Seriously, I think you have a good point; the ship _does_ seem a bit
> rudderless at the moment.
>
>> Rob and Helen. The role of Editor is now a bit of a tarnished chalice.
>> Social media may be having a negative affect on the Ambridge gods. When I
>
> Could you expand on that? (I don't disagree: I just don't know what you
> mean. As a non-user of [what is usually meant by] social media, I don't
> know too much about its effects. [Of course, I consider this to be a
> social medium - and of course superior to the more modern variants (-:])
>
>> am appointed, I will forbid all viewing with the exception of umra. Just
>> letting you know.
>>
> What, all TV?
>>

> 5

To clarify, social media has a number of Archers discussions groups (I read
only one) plus Twitter traffic which I sometimes see. Listeners’ feedback
in such a direct way must be tempting reading for the Ambridge gods. What
the gods make of it I have no idea; I was speculating that some influence
good and bad may penetrate. So, I will ban reading it when I am Editor.
The Editor will be exempt from this injunction.