should we tell Lynda
2017-08-20 07:03:33 UTC
buff.ly/2vlQRad
Sally Thompson
2017-08-20 07:17:02 UTC
buff.ly/2vlQRad
Lol. Do you think it would be as effective with a cat? More available than
a goat in this household.
2017-08-20 07:27:19 UTC
buff.ly/2vlQRad
Lol. Do you think it would be as effective with a cat? More available than
a goat in this household.
Saw report on this on South Today the other night - looked horrible, the
goats were pooing all over the women doing yoga!
2017-08-20 07:32:19 UTC
Post by LFS
buff.ly/2vlQRad
Lol. Do you think it would be as effective with a cat? More available than
a goat in this household.
Saw report on this on South Today the other night - looked horrible, the
goats were pooing all over the women doing yoga!
Hmmm can't see this appealing to Lynda but a rustic innovation at the
Health Club perhaps?
2017-08-20 08:28:39 UTC
Post by LFS
buff.ly/2vlQRad
Lol. Do you think it would be as effective with a cat? More available than
a goat in this household.
Saw report on this on South Today the other night - looked horrible, the
goats were pooing all over the women doing yoga!
Hmmm can't see this appealing to Lynda but a rustic innovation at the
Health Club perhaps?
Goat poo might be more Kate's field. In her field. Are the yorts she
rents out in a field? Although there might be fen shui in goat poo,
and that is Lynda's field of expertise.
2017-08-20 09:50:42 UTC
Post by Vicky
Post by Btms
Post by LFS
buff.ly/2vlQRad
Lol. Do you think it would be as effective with a cat? More available than
a goat in this household.
Saw report on this on South Today the other night - looked horrible, the
goats were pooing all over the women doing yoga!
Hmmm can't see this appealing to Lynda but a rustic innovation at the
Health Club perhaps?
Goat poo might be more Kate's field. In her field. Are the yorts she
rents out in a field? Although there might be fen shui in goat poo,
and that is Lynda's field of expertise.
'Sobvious really, it is for .......... Ssshss, you know who.
2017-08-20 08:43:57 UTC
Post by LFS
buff.ly/2vlQRad
Lol. Do you think it would be as effective with a cat? More available than
a goat in this household.
Saw report on this on South Today the other night - looked horrible, the
goats were pooing all over the women doing yoga!
There was a video on FB recently of pets "assisting" with yoga. Mainly
cats, but inevitably there was a rather large pooch who took the
opportunity to hump his owner while she was doing downward facing dog.
Sally Thompson
2017-08-20 08:49:00 UTC
Post by LFS
buff.ly/2vlQRad
Lol. Do you think it would be as effective with a cat? More available than
a goat in this household.
Saw report on this on South Today the other night - looked horrible, the
goats were pooing all over the women doing yoga!
There was a video on FB recently of pets "assisting" with yoga. Mainly
cats, but inevitably there was a rather large pooch who took the
opportunity to hump his owner while she was doing downward facing dog.
<splutter!>
Memo to self: don't read BrritSki while drinking coffee.
2017-08-20 09:43:13 UTC
Post by LFS
buff.ly/2vlQRad
Lol. Do you think it would be as effective with a cat? More available than
a goat in this household.
Saw report on this on South Today the other night - looked horrible, the
goats were pooing all over the women doing yoga!
There was a video on FB recently of pets "assisting" with yoga. Mainly
cats, but inevitably there was a rather large pooch who took the
opportunity to hump his owner while she was doing downward facing dog.
Look....I have not been well and my stomach is already sore.
2017-08-20 07:32:19 UTC
buff.ly/2vlQRad
Lol. Do you think it would be as effective with a cat? More available than
a goat in this household.
Not sure. Poppy has been concerned for me this week. To show it, she has
wanted to lay on the bed with me as close as she can. Her head under my
chin. Bit like a puppy litter. Afraid I have not been at all
appreciative.....her head is jolly heavy and the rest of her is a gurt big
lump of a thing.
2017-08-20 13:15:37 UTC
buff.ly/2vlQRad
Lol. Do you think it would be as effective with a cat? More available than
a goat in this household.
I remember once after a foxhunt with the Southend radio club (no foxes
involved - basically a hidden-transmitter hunt), after which people
repaired to a pub as tends to happen, having the pub cat on my shoulders
- I was in a slightly stooped-forward position, so it was on my back
just below the shoulders, not actually on them. It made itself
comfortable, and I think would have gone to sleep there. I was quite
content with it, but the others found it quite amusing; but then I am a
cat person anyway. I can't remember (this is thirtysomething years ago,
I think) how the cat got there, i. e. whether I placed it there or it
jumped there - probably the latter, as if placing I'd more likely have
placed it on my lap.

The people in the above article do look happy though, though I'm not
sure whether that's because of the goats as such or just because they're
being photographed of course.

<<"These animals can lower the heart rate because they release the
'cuddle chemical' oxytocin, which produces the same type of feelings as
when a mother looks at her baby or a lover looks at their partner," he
said.>>

I wonder, can you get oxytocin in pill, liquid, or inhaler form? Sounds
like it might be a good thing to have in stressful situations where a
cat or goat is not available/practical.

the plural of 'anecdote' is not 'evidence'. Professor Edzart Ernst, prudential
magazine, AUTUMN 2006, p. 13.
Mike
2017-08-20 15:17:39 UTC
[...]
But not half as enjoyable as the two person horizontal jig induced
variety!;-)
2017-08-20 18:41:00 UTC
<<"These animals can lower the heart rate because they release the
'cuddle chemical' oxytocin, which produces the same type of feelings as
when a mother looks at her baby or a lover looks at their partner," he
said.>>
I wonder, can you get oxytocin in pill, liquid, or inhaler form? Sounds
like it might be a good thing to have in stressful situations where a
cat or goat is not available/practical.
But not half as enjoyable as the two person horizontal jig induced
variety!;-)
Even less accessible than the cat or goat, in stressful situations at
work (-:!

Well I wish you'd just tell me, rather than trying to engage my enthusiasm,
because I haven't got one. (Marvin; first series, fit the fifth.)
Penny
2017-08-20 22:44:22 UTC
On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 14:15:37 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I remember once after a foxhunt with the Southend radio club (no foxes
involved - basically a hidden-transmitter hunt), after which people
repaired to a pub as tends to happen, having the pub cat on my shoulders
- I was in a slightly stooped-forward position, so it was on my back
just below the shoulders, not actually on them. It made itself
comfortable, and I think would have gone to sleep there. I was quite
content with it, but the others found it quite amusing; but then I am a
cat person anyway. I can't remember (this is thirtysomething years ago,
I think) how the cat got there, i. e. whether I placed it there or it
jumped there - probably the latter, as if placing I'd more likely have
placed it on my lap.
I have owned two shoulder/scarf cats in my time. The first (called Captain
Flint) would always put himself on my shoulder - sometimes taking a flying
leap at my back and clawing his way up to get there <ouch!>, the other was
happy to be put on my shoulder and would settle around the back of my neck
- very cosy in the winter.
2017-08-21 19:18:00 UTC
I have owned two shoulder/scarf cats in my time. The first (called Captain
Flint) would always put himself on my shoulder - sometimes taking a flying
leap at my back and clawing his way up to get there <ouch!>, the other was
happy to be put on my shoulder and would settle around the back of my neck
- very cosy in the winter.
BT,DT.
Sed non tunicam habeo. (Not much of a T-shirt person, as they rarely
have chest pockets, which I "need". [The oddest wrinkle on that is that
I have a set of summer Pyjamas - basically a T-shirt and shorts - which
_do_ have a chest pocket: if there's one place I _can_ do without a
chest pocket, it's in pyjamas!)

Where [other presenters] tackle the world with a box of watercolours, he
takes a spanner. - David Butcher (on Guy Martin), RT 2015/1/31-2/6
Penny
2017-08-21 19:38:06 UTC
On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 20:18:00 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I have a set of summer Pyjamas - basically a T-shirt and shorts - which
_do_ have a chest pocket: if there's one place I _can_ do without a
chest pocket, it's in pyjamas!
I've often wondered why pyjamas have pockets but I've certainly worn pyjama
tops as daytime tops - you could do the same with your pyjama T-shirt.
2017-08-21 22:34:15 UTC
I've often wondered why pyjamas have pockets
To keep your hanky in!
2017-08-21 08:33:09 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
[...]
I had a cat called Jasmine who was always content round our necks, as you
say sometimes taking a flying leap which could be painful if we didn't
anticipate it. I occasionally took her for walks like that.

T once painted the garage door with her round his neck. She hated to be in
a cat carrier so T once took her to the vet like that (windows shut!) which
caused some amazement at traffic lights. However he had taken her because
of an infected abscess on her neck. (Look away now if you are of a
sensitive disposition.) On the journey, she rubbed herself lovingly on
him, the abscess burst all over him and she weed down him with relief. He
had to be very apologetic to the vet, take all his clothes off when he got
home and deep clean the car. I don't think he tried that again. I did
however describe her as a pissy pus-sy pussy.
2017-08-21 08:48:08 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
[...]
Well, bad though that was, at least you didn't need to call her a poo dle
as well.
<groan> :)
BrritSki
2017-08-21 09:25:25 UTC
however describe her as a pissy pus-sy pussy.
Last night we went to this event with grand-daughter aged 5

<http://www.ilsecoloxix.it/p/eventi/2017/08/21/ASz7jmzI-taggia_incubo_desideri.shtml>

performed by the friends I sometimes get to act with.

She loved it, especially being scared. First time was when the
marionettes advanced menacingly (see end of video in that link) wanting
"a victim, a victim) coming straight towards her and she recoiled with
her hand over her mouth.

Second time was in the Red Riding Hood scene. There was a vertical "bed"
in the corner of the set right next to us, completely covered by a sheet
which concealed a very scary looking wolf who stayed hidden and unmoving
for several minutes but then appeared very suddenly and scarily. Vivi
screamed and covered her face and kept saying Aggghhhhh, aghhhh, much to
everyone's amusement. Scary story variation too - according to RRH there
was no woodsman etc, but she had a little cleaver in her basket and did
the job herself and she started off with a WHITE riding hood. Feminism
eh ? :)))

Vivi was sitting on my knee and I was surprised I didn't get a wet leg
or worse. She was really terrified and I thought we might have really
upset her, but as we were walking back past that set after seeing the
final scene (they were scattered thru the village) where they were
preparing for the second performance she asked if we could stop and
watch it again.

The odd thing is that she performed with all these actors this time year
when she was Cobweb in a cut down version of MSND, but her imagination
is very strong so she was obviously seeing them as the characters they
were made up as rather than the people she knew.
Serena Blanchflower
2017-08-21 08:29:40 UTC
buff.ly/2vlQRad
Lol. Do you think it would be as effective with a cat? More available than
a goat in this household.
By chance, I saw this posted[1] on FB yesterday:
<https://www.facebook.com/simonscat/videos/10156014295119523/?hc_ref=ARSWBok4qdjc698lkfJ_6JkPNZaOvuNMyzxCa4Hse5xl08bS98pHSO5lrdO5Cg7jCeU&pnref=story>,
aka <http://tinyurl.com/yb4tjpov>

[1] By a fellow umrat, albeit a missing one - Heather / Chuckler
My doctor told me to keep in shape. Well, this is my shape and I'm
keeping it (anon)
Sally Thompson
2017-08-21 08:34:51 UTC
buff.ly/2vlQRad
Lol. Do you think it would be as effective with a cat? More available than
a goat in this household.
<https://www.facebook.com/simonscat/videos/10156014295119523/?hc_ref=ARSWBok4qdjc698lkfJ_6JkPNZaOvuNMyzxCa4Hse5xl08bS98pHSO5lrdO5Cg7jCeU&pnref=story>,
aka <http://tinyurl.com/yb4tjpov>
[1] By a fellow umrat, albeit a missing one - Heather / Chuckler
Oh yes, I saw that. Loved it.
2017-08-21 10:17:30 UTC
buff.ly/2vlQRad
Lol. Do you think it would be as effective with a cat? More available than
a goat in this household.
<https://www.facebook.com/simonscat/videos/10156014295119523/?hc_ref=ARSWBok4qdjc698lkfJ_6JkPNZaOvuNMyzxCa4Hse5xl08bS98pHSO5lrdO5Cg7jCeU&pnref=story>,
aka <http://tinyurl.com/yb4tjpov>
[1] By a fellow umrat, albeit a missing one - Heather / Chuckler
I must've missed that!