just one post this morning.
2018-08-27 10:17:53 UTC
Everyone must be stuck in traffic in the West Country.
Rosalind Mitchell
2018-08-27 10:24:07 UTC
Everyone must be stuck in traffic in the West Country.
Why would that be? It's not a public holiday after all :)

RnT
krw
2018-08-27 10:32:45 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Btms
Everyone must be stuck in traffic in the West Country.
Why would that be? It's not a public holiday after all :)
RnT
I see the Labour party's main policy for election is that they will
introduce four new bank holidays.
2018-08-27 10:42:23 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Btms
Everyone must be stuck in traffic in the West Country.
Why would that be? It's not a public holiday after all :)
RnT
I see the Labour party's main policy for election is that they will
introduce four new bank holidays.
Nobody ever goes into an actual bricks and mortar built bank these days
anyway apparently ;-). Just got back from a 3 mile walk to Woodley and back
as we don’t have a bus service on ‘Bonk Halidays’).
Rosalind Mitchell
2018-08-27 10:55:02 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Btms
Everyone must be stuck in traffic in the West Country.
Why would that be? It's not a public holiday after all :)
RnT
I see the Labour party's main policy for election is that they will
introduce four new bank holidays.
Nobody ever goes into an actual bricks and mortar built bank these days
anyway apparently ;-). Just got back from a 3 mile walk to Woodley and back
as we don’t have a bus service on ‘Bonk Halidays’).
It's not a bank holiday here. We had ours at the beginning of the month,
not that you'd have noticed. Glasgow Fair in July and the Autumn Break
at the end of next month are the ones that matter. We might have a
shindig around Stan Drew's Day.

Peter Percival
2018-08-27 14:10:27 UTC
as we don’t have a bus service on ‘Bonk Halidays’
Didn't he die not long ago?
).
Mike
2018-08-27 14:39:58 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Post by Mike
as we don’t have a bus service on ‘Bonk Halidays’
Didn't he die not long ago?
Post by Mike
).
ITYAT of ‘Aliday
2018-08-27 11:41:13 UTC
On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 10:17:53 -0000 (UTC), Btms <***@thetames.me.uk>
Everyone must be stuck in traffic in the West Country.
I've had 11 posts with time stamps before this one.
Steve Hague
2018-08-27 12:48:10 UTC
Everyone must be stuck in traffic in the West Country.
As soon as a bank holiday arrives, all we Cornish folk get our tractors
out and make for the A30. Such fun!
2018-08-27 13:10:52 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Btms
Everyone must be stuck in traffic in the West Country.
As soon as a bank holiday arrives, all we Cornish folk get our tractors
out and make for the A30. Such fun!
Steve
Where you drive in the middle of the road at 0.5 mph, never looking back in
case any motorists behind see your ear to ear grin?
Steve Hague
2018-08-27 13:42:11 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Btms
Everyone must be stuck in traffic in the West Country.
As soon as a bank holiday arrives, all we Cornish folk get our tractors
out and make for the A30. Such fun!
Steve
Where you drive in the middle of the road at 0.5 mph, never looking back in
case any motorists behind see your ear to ear grin?
For me, the most satisfying point is when I drive gleefully past a layby
where I could have pulled over for a couple of minutes.
2018-08-27 13:45:00 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Mike
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Btms
Everyone must be stuck in traffic in the West Country.
As soon as a bank holiday arrives, all we Cornish folk get our tractors
out and make for the A30. Such fun!
Steve
Where you drive in the middle of the road at 0.5 mph, never looking back in
case any motorists behind see your ear to ear grin?
For me, the most satisfying point is when I drive gleefully past a layby
where I could have pulled over for a couple of minutes.
Steve
Tractors don’t stop for no-one, not ever, never, anywhere if there is one
or more vehicles behind. In fact, I reckon Bob Newhart could have done a
very good sketch on the tractor driver’s school.
Steve Hague
2018-08-27 13:50:27 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Mike
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Btms
Everyone must be stuck in traffic in the West Country.
As soon as a bank holiday arrives, all we Cornish folk get our tractors
out and make for the A30. Such fun!
Steve
Where you drive in the middle of the road at 0.5 mph, never looking back in
case any motorists behind see your ear to ear grin?
For me, the most satisfying point is when I drive gleefully past a layby
where I could have pulled over for a couple of minutes.
Steve
Those of us who don't have tractors can still play our part. Cyclists
riding two abreast and twenty in line can have just as much fun as
tractor drivers.
2018-08-27 13:57:40 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Mike
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Btms
Everyone must be stuck in traffic in the West Country.
As soon as a bank holiday arrives, all we Cornish folk get our tractors
out and make for the A30. Such fun!
Steve
Where you drive in the middle of the road at 0.5 mph, never looking back in
case any motorists behind see your ear to ear grin?
For me, the most satisfying point is when I drive gleefully past a layby
where I could have pulled over for a couple of minutes.
Steve
Those of us who don't have tractors can still play our part. Cyclists
riding two abreast and twenty in line can have just as much fun as
tractor drivers.
Steve
Or driving a muck spreader with a dodgy engagement lever....
2018-08-27 14:06:27 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Mike
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Btms
Everyone must be stuck in traffic in the West Country.
As soon as a bank holiday arrives, all we Cornish folk get our tractors
out and make for the A30. Such fun!
Steve
Where you drive in the middle of the road at 0.5 mph, never looking back in
case any motorists behind see your ear to ear grin?
For me, the most satisfying point is when I drive gleefully past a layby
where I could have pulled over for a couple of minutes.
Steve
Those of us who don't have tractors can still play our part. Cyclists
riding two abreast and twenty in line can have just as much fun as
tractor drivers.
Steve
Or driving a muck spreader with a dodgy engagement lever....
Why when I am driving the TT with my top off do drivers in front insist
on washing their windscreens with poorly aimed water jets which shoot
over the top of their car?
2018-08-27 14:32:41 UTC
On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 15:06:27 +0100, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
Post by krw
Why when I am driving the TT with my top off do drivers in front insist
on washing their windscreens with poorly aimed water jets which shoot
over the top of their car?
Because they've spotted you in the mirror, obvs ;)
2018-08-27 14:39:03 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Mike
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Btms
[...]
They think your windscreen could do with a quick splash?
2018-08-27 15:25:08 UTC
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Mike
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Btms
[...]
A friend of ours refers to all convertibles as ‘Flash Harrys’
2018-08-27 16:50:15 UTC
Why when I am driving the TT with my top off
[]
Visions of topless motorcyclists whizzing round the Isle of Man ...

Just as many people feel Christmas hasn't begun until they've heard the carols
at King's, or that the election campaign hasn't begun until some politician
lambasts the BBC ... - Eddie Mair, Radio Times 2013/11/16-22
Chris J Dixon
2018-08-29 11:53:56 UTC
Or driving a muck spreader with a dodgy engagement lever....
I was once following a combine along a road. It can't have been a
very big one, as he was travelling with his cutter bar fitted.

He turned into a gateway, fired up the mechanism and cut his way
into the crop. A cloud of chaff was then shared by nearby
vehicles. :-(

***@cdixon.me.uk
Plant amazing Acers.
Rosalind Mitchell
2018-08-29 14:42:55 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
He turned into a gateway
How amazing! Shapeshifters on the public highway!

I was following a man along a road once and he turned into a pub.

RnT
Mike
2018-08-29 14:48:18 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Chris J Dixon
He turned into a gateway
How amazing! Shapeshifters on the public highway!
I was following a man along a road once and he turned into a pub.
RnT
Mangos into a pub...
2018-08-29 17:37:52 UTC
Post by Rosalind Mitchell
Post by Chris J Dixon
He turned into a gateway
How amazing! Shapeshifters on the public highway!
I was following a man along a road once and he turned into a pub.
RnT
I gave a lit to a hitchhiker once who must have been a witch because she
put her hand on my knee and I turned into a layby.

john (I got better)

Fenny
2018-08-27 14:14:50 UTC
Everyone must be stuck in traffic in the West Country.
No, just having lives.