anyone else
2018-03-04 21:17:08 UTC
In message <***@ios.app.newstap>, Btms
<***@thetames.me.uk> writes:
>I am losing interest in TA. Perhaps its the weather?

Maybe. I'm not particularly: I agree some of the voices are wearing, but
then I think they're supposed to be. The Nic story was certainly
unexpected (to me and many, though one UMRAt thought he detected a
"saying goodbyes"), so is interesting.

Capital flows toward lower costs like a river to lowest ground.
"MJ", 2015-12-05
Btms
2018-03-04 21:47:37 UTC
J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG-***@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <***@ios.app.newstap>, Btms
> <***@thetames.me.uk> writes:
>> I am losing interest in TA. Perhaps its the weather?
>>

> Maybe. I'm not particularly: I agree some of the voices are wearing, but
> then I think they're supposed to be. The Nic story was certainly
> unexpected (to me and many, though one UMRAt thought he detected a
> "saying goodbyes"), so is interesting.

Hmm? You may be on to something with the voices. I find the younger ones a
little enervating but I don’t know why.

SODAM
2018-03-04 23:54:04 UTC
Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:
> I am losing interest in TA. Perhaps its the weather?

I think it’s all the moaning, whining, depressing story lines, and
unfeasible personality changes.

The old Pip would not have hesitated to have an abortion as her only
practical solution and carried on the promising relationship with Alfie.
Even more annoying is the way many Ambridge women do decide on abortion,
get to the clinic then change their minds. Only Lizzie went through with
it. Every time a woman from Ambridge rings to makes an appointment at the
clinic, the staff must groan.

Nice Nic wouldn’t have refused Emma’s apology. Oliver wouldn’t have
disappeared to stay with Umbrella. Jolene would not have sacked Nic. Brian
would not have 1) sanctioned the burying of poison on his land and 2)
confessed to ffff. Toby morphing into world’s most doting non-boyfriend?
Pah! I could go on (and on) but I’ll spare you.

The biggest joke of the lot was FAL’s on-off wedding, culminating in the
absolutely 22ct nonsense of Justin’s “loving her too much to marry her”.
Utter bilge. (Plot recycle of Kirsty and Tom’s on-off wedding. It was
obvious they would not marry when Kirsty had three wedding dresses ready.)

Now there is all the kerfuffle over Nic’s last words. I don’t think we were
intended to hear them clearly but at some point Joe will reveal what they
were. It’s a splendid device to build tension, isn’t it? One would almost
think it were fiction.

Now beam me up, please, Scotty.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Btms
2018-03-05 08:42:29 UTC
SODAM <***@talktalk.net> wrote:
> Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:
>> I am losing interest in TA. Perhaps its the weather?
>>

> I think it’s all the moaning, whining, depressing story lines, and
> unfeasible personality changes.
>
> The old Pip would not have hesitated to have an abortion as her only
> practical solution and carried on the promising relationship with Alfie.
> Even more annoying is the way many Ambridge women do decide on abortion,
> get to the clinic then change their minds. Only Lizzie went through with
> it. Every time a woman from Ambridge rings to makes an appointment at the
> clinic, the staff must groan.
>
> Nice Nic wouldn’t have refused Emma’s apology. Oliver wouldn’t have
> disappeared to stay with Umbrella. Jolene would not have sacked Nic. Brian
> would not have 1) sanctioned the burying of poison on his land and 2)
> confessed to ffff. Toby morphing into world’s most doting non-boyfriend?
> Pah! I could go on (and on) but I’ll spare you.
>
> The biggest joke of the lot was FAL’s on-off wedding, culminating in the
> absolutely 22ct nonsense of Justin’s “loving her too much to marry her”.
> Utter bilge. (Plot recycle of Kirsty and Tom’s on-off wedding. It was
> obvious they would not marry when Kirsty had three wedding dresses ready.)
>
> Now there is all the kerfuffle over Nic’s last words. I don’t think we were
> intended to hear them clearly but at some point Joe will reveal what they
> were. It’s a splendid device to build tension, isn’t it? One would almost
> think it were fiction.
>
> Now beam me up, please, Scotty.

Thats it. Thank you.

2018-03-06 12:16:23 UTC
On 04/03/2018 20:32, Btms wrote:
> I am losing interest in TA. Perhaps its the weather?

Me too. As soon as the days get a bit longer and our new carpet arrives
I'm planning a change in routine which will wipe it out of my life.

I think the problem for me is that no-one ever laughs.

2018-03-06 12:49:55 UTC
LFS <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/03/2018 20:32, Btms wrote:
>> I am losing interest in TA. Perhaps its the weather?
>>

> Me too. As soon as the days get a bit longer and our new carpet arrives
> I'm planning a change in routine which will wipe it out of my life.
>
> I think the problem for me is that no-one ever laughs.

Yup.