post continuity spoiler: 24th Aug
2017-08-24 18:17:27 UTC

Pretend you're Tarzan, find your inner given is my favourite line of the
week so far.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-08-24 18:43:41 UTC
Pretend you're Tarzan, find your inner given is my favourite line of the
week so far.
Er, "gibbon" I think ... (-:

"Bother," said Pooh, as Eeyore sneezed the crack all over Owl.
Penny
2017-08-24 19:47:32 UTC
On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:43:41 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Pretend you're Tarzan, find your inner given is my favourite line of the
week so far.
Definitely!
Made me smile too :)

I'm sorry, I'll read that again...
2017-08-25 08:50:09 UTC
On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:43:41 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Pretend you're Tarzan, find your inner given is my favourite line of the
week so far.
Definitely!
Made me smile too :)
I'm sorry, I'll read that again...
YA Angus Prune AICM5 ferrets.
2017-08-25 09:14:49 UTC
On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:43:41 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Pretend you're Tarzan, find your inner given is my favourite line of the
week so far.
Definitely!
Made me smile too :)
I'm sorry, I'll read that again...
YA Angus Prune AICM5 ferrets.
One 'line' I remember from those days relates to a weaving shed 'oop North'
being taken over to house a large number of german dogs: the line was 'The
mills are alive with the hounds of Munich' . They don't write them like
that any more.
Flop
2017-08-25 13:07:33 UTC
One 'line' I remember from those days relates to a weaving shed 'oop North'
being taken over to house a large number of german dogs: the line was 'The
mills are alive with the hounds of Munich' . They don't write them like
that any more.
I think that was "My Word" with Dennis Norden and Frank Muir on the
origins of proverbs.

eg

Hetty was the only female virgin in her class.

Hence the proverb - "He whom Hetty dates comes last"

They definitely *can't* write them like that nowadays :-)
--
Flop
General Norman Schwarzkopf was asked if he thought there was room for
OUR job is to arrange the meeting."
Mike
2017-08-25 13:36:45 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Mike
One 'line' I remember from those days relates to a weaving shed 'oop North'
being taken over to house a large number of german dogs: the line was 'The
mills are alive with the hounds of Munich' . They don't write them like
that any more.
I think that was "My Word" with Dennis Norden and Frank Muir on the
origins of proverbs.
eg
Hetty was the only female virgin in her class.
Hence the proverb - "He whom Hetty dates comes last"
They definitely *can't* write them like that nowadays :-)
Defiantly Bill Oddy singing the line circa 1960/1
2017-08-25 14:22:45 UTC
Post by Flop
Post by Mike
One 'line' I remember from those days relates to a weaving shed 'oop North'
being taken over to house a large number of german dogs: the line was 'The
mills are alive with the hounds of Munich' . They don't write them like
that any more.
I think that was "My Word" with Dennis Norden and Frank Muir on the
origins of proverbs.
eg
Hetty was the only female virgin in her class.
Hence the proverb - "He whom Hetty dates comes last"
They definitely *can't* write them like that nowadays :-)
Defiantly Bill Oddy singing the line circa 1960/1
Distinctly Oddie was released in 1967, so a bit later than you are
suggesting.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Penny
2017-08-25 15:55:12 UTC
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 14:07:33 +0100, Flop <***@flop.knot.me.uk> scrawled in
the dust...
Post by Flop
Post by Mike
One 'line' I remember from those days relates to a weaving shed 'oop North'
being taken over to house a large number of german dogs: the line was 'The
mills are alive with the hounds of Munich' . They don't write them like
that any more.
I think that was "My Word" with Dennis Norden and Frank Muir on the
origins of proverbs.
That seems likely - and even has a TA connection. My Word! was devised by
Edward J Mason and Tony Shryane.