Justin and Miranda go moonlighting.....
malj
2017-02-01 13:45:24 UTC
Maybe they get on together better than we thought....

http://tinyurl.com/j368uba

Cheers,
MalJ
Penny
2017-02-01 14:33:05 UTC
On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 13:45:24 +0000, malj <***@gmail.com> scrawled in the
dust...
Post by malj
Maybe they get on together better than we thought....
http://tinyurl.com/j368uba
I'm not sure I was aware that Lucy Fleming was Celia Johnson's daughter but
"Dame Johnson"? - the News & Star should know better!

I'm also not sure I've ever watched a film starring Celia Johnson but we
shared a birthday and she was one of the few 'celebs' whose name appeared
in the paper in the "today's birthdays" section.
2017-02-01 16:16:11 UTC
I'm not sure I was aware that Lucy Fleming was Celia Johnson's daughter but
"Dame Johnson"? - the News & Star should know better!
I'm also not sure I've ever watched a film starring Celia Johnson
What?! Never seen Brief Encounter?! You've missed a treat. It's got to
be my all-time favourite film and I've watched it dozens of times.
2017-02-01 16:33:24 UTC
I'm not sure I was aware that Lucy Fleming was Celia Johnson's daughter but
"Dame Johnson"? - the News & Star should know better!
I'm also not sure I've ever watched a film starring Celia Johnson
What?! Never seen Brief Encounter?! You've missed a treat. It's got to
be my all-time favourite film and I've watched it dozens of times.
It just brings to mind Dame Celia Molestrangler.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
the Omrud
2017-02-01 17:08:26 UTC
I'm not sure I was aware that Lucy Fleming was Celia Johnson's daughter but
"Dame Johnson"? - the News & Star should know better!
I'm also not sure I've ever watched a film starring Celia Johnson
What?! Never seen Brief Encounter?! You've missed a treat. It's got
to be my all-time favourite film and I've watched it dozens of times.
It just brings to mind Dame Celia Molestrangler.
Along with Binky Huckerback, of course.
David
Sam Plusnet
2017-02-01 21:32:58 UTC
Post by the Omrud
I'm not sure I was aware that Lucy Fleming was Celia Johnson's daughter but
"Dame Johnson"? - the News & Star should know better!
I'm also not sure I've ever watched a film starring Celia Johnson
What?! Never seen Brief Encounter?! You've missed a treat. It's got
to be my all-time favourite film and I've watched it dozens of times.
It just brings to mind Dame Celia Molestrangler.
Along with Binky Huckerback, of course.
Can he still be an ageing juvenile?
2017-02-01 21:38:33 UTC
Can he still be an ageing juvenile?
Aren't we all?
2017-02-01 21:55:36 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by Sam Plusnet
Can he still be an ageing juvenile?
Aren't we all?
Just what I was about to say.
2017-02-01 16:57:37 UTC
What?! Never seen Brief Encounter?! You've missed a treat. It's got to
be my all-time favourite film and I've watched it dozens of times.
Apparently Sandi Toksvig spent her early years in New York,
acquiring a strong Brooklyn accent. She was then sent by her
parents to boarding school in the UK, where she didn't fit in at
all. ;-)

The school showed Brief Encounter, and Sandy decided that,
forthwith, she would adopt the accent of Celia Johnson.

***@cdixon.me.uk
2017-02-01 17:25:51 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by Jenny M Benson
What?! Never seen Brief Encounter?! You've missed a treat. It's got to
be my all-time favourite film and I've watched it dozens of times.
Apparently Sandi Toksvig spent her early years in New York,
acquiring a strong Brooklyn accent. She was then sent by her
parents to boarding school in the UK...
Which seems to imply that her parents were not in the UK which is
strange as my late Danish MiL knew her mother well in London :)
Penny
2017-02-01 18:40:43 UTC
On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 18:25:51 +0100, BrritSki <***@gmail.com>
Post by Chris J Dixon
Apparently Sandi Toksvig spent her early years in New York,
acquiring a strong Brooklyn accent. She was then sent by her
parents to boarding school in the UK...
Which seems to imply that her parents were not in the UK which is
strange as my late Danish MiL knew her mother well in London :)
Born in 1958 and attended Tormead School, an independent girls' school near
Guildford, when her father was based in London. Wikipedia also says Toksvig
spent most of her youth outside Denmark, mostly in New York City.

Although looking at the entry for her father, it seems New York then London
may be the wrong way around:
1951–1956: Production assistant with the BBC World Service's
Danish-language broadcasts, in London
1956–1958: Reporter for the Federal Broadcasting Corporation, in the then
Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland.
1958–1967: Reporter and anchor with the Danish Broadcasting Corporation
(DR) news and current affairs programming, in Copenhagen.
1967–1974: Posted to New York as DR's first ever permanent foreign
correspondent.
1974–1982: London correspondent for DR.
2017-02-01 19:22:20 UTC
I'm not sure I was aware that Lucy Fleming was Celia Johnson's daughter but
"Dame Johnson"? - the News & Star should know better!
I'm also not sure I've ever watched a film starring Celia Johnson
What?! Never seen Brief Encounter?! You've missed a treat. It's got to
be my all-time favourite film and I've watched it dozens of times.
Me too. And I cry every time.
2017-02-01 22:22:33 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Jenny M Benson
What?! Never seen Brief Encounter?! You've missed a treat. It's got to
be my all-time favourite film and I've watched it dozens of times.
Me too. And I cry every time.
Oh yes, of course.

My best friend's mother called me a "hard-hearted thing" because I
didn't cry when Bambi's mother was shot. (Hope that's not a spoiler!)
And I saw West Side Story in the early '60s with a friend and wondered
why she cried. But somewhere along the line things changed after that
and I became a confirmed cryer.
David Medcalf
2017-02-02 08:42:13 UTC
I'm not crying.....it's just a speck in my eye....
krw
2017-02-02 09:19:42 UTC
Post by David Medcalf
I'm not crying.....it's just a speck in my eye....
For Nick's benefit he is referring to crying at Brief Encounter.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Nick Odell
2017-02-02 09:30:05 UTC
Post by David Medcalf
I'm not crying.....it's just a speck in my eye....
For Nick's benefit he is referring to crying at Brief Encounter.
Thanks, Richard!

2017-02-02 08:07:08 UTC
I'm not sure I was aware that Lucy Fleming was Celia Johnson's daughter but
"Dame Johnson"? - the News & Star should know better!
I'm also not sure I've ever watched a film starring Celia Johnson
What?! Never seen Brief Encounter?! You've missed a treat. It's got to
be my all-time favourite film and I've watched it dozens of times.
You've been a long way away. Thenk you for coming beck to me...
2017-02-22 18:36:10 UTC
Post by malj
Maybe they get on together better than we thought....
http://tinyurl.com/j368uba
Cheers,
MalJ
He is still very good-looking. Much nicer and better-looking than
Justin. And she looks much too nice to be Miranda.