spoiler tonight, 9/7/17!
2017-07-09 18:35:03 UTC
I listened to it live! First time for a couple of years at least. B
was not well enough to have supper so I switched it on for company.

That bath scene could have been worse.

I found the sound quality very variable. Is it just me? The
conversation between Lilian and Jenny, which I know was supposed to be
sotto voice, should still have been the same level as Fallon and PC,
surely? They were clear every time.

I know Justin is looking as if he is really nice but I'm still waiting
to see how he can shaft the Bridge Farm folk even if he doesn't get
planning permission. Did anyone else get what the gift given in the
bath was? I maybe wasn't listening carefully enough. The coin was a
nice idea. I wonder why he didn't give it earlier and put Lilian out
of her misery.

I'm nearly 2 years older than Lilian but it didn't really bother me to
get to 70. It's not the years, it's the various OA problems like
creaky knees etc that worry me.

What do umrats think about Fallon's difficulty with PC having all the
money for the deposit? It was nice of him to say what's mine is yours
etc, but will they share equally in the title deeds? Jolene can't
really afford to help, presumably, as they're paying David back with
any spare cash. Could Fallon get a loan from somewhere? Not that I
think it is a good idea.
2017-07-09 19:54:44 UTC
Post by Vicky
I listened to it live! First time for a couple of years at least. B
was not well enough to have supper so I switched it on for company.
That bath scene could have been worse.
I found the sound quality very variable. Is it just me? The
conversation between Lilian and Jenny, which I know was supposed to be
sotto voice, should still have been the same level as Fallon and PC,
surely? They were clear every time.
I know Justin is looking as if he is really nice but I'm still waiting
to see how he can shaft the Bridge Farm folk even if he doesn't get
planning permission.
I don't think he's nice. I think Lilian will go back to Matt and Justin
will take terrible revenge.

Post by Vicky
bath was? I maybe wasn't listening carefully enough.
Some piece of jewellery with rubies.

The coin was a
Post by Vicky
nice idea. I wonder why he didn't give it earlier and put Lilian out
of her misery.
Ah, I didn't know what that was.
Post by Vicky
I'm nearly 2 years older than Lilian but it didn't really bother me to
get to 70. It's not the years, it's the various OA problems like
creaky knees etc that worry me.
I'm finding it a bit difficult to adjust to being 70 but that is
probably tangled up with finally ending all my paid work and being
completely retired.
Post by Vicky
What do umrats think about Fallon's difficulty with PC having all the
money for the deposit? It was nice of him to say what's mine is yours
etc, but will they share equally in the title deeds? Jolene can't
really afford to help, presumably, as they're paying David back with
any spare cash. Could Fallon get a loan from somewhere? Not that I
think it is a good idea.
I thought there might be some discussion of marriage at that point.