TA not completely inclusive?
2018-04-06 21:28:03 UTC
They've had black and Indian people, and East Europeans and gay men
but they've never had anyone Jewish in TA, have they? And B is
pointing out no lesbians, which we've remarked on before on umra, so
he is suggesting a Jewish lesbian :). I suppose not many Jews live in
small villages in the country, but what about a Doctor or the
counsellor for Shula and Snappy, or Tom researches Israeli systems of
agriculture and water management and meets someone?

Or is Anabelle Jewish and I just never noticed? And lesbian?
2018-04-06 21:45:04 UTC
Post by Vicky
They've had black and Indian people, and East Europeans and gay men
but they've never had anyone Jewish in TA, have they? And B is
pointing out no lesbians, which we've remarked on before on umra,
The junior Tregorran.

so
Post by Vicky
he is suggesting a Jewish lesbian :). I suppose not many Jews live in
small villages in the country,
Quite, it's a long walk to Felpersham on Shabat.

Post by Vicky
counsellor for Shula and Snappy, or Tom researches Israeli systems of
agriculture and water management and meets someone?
Or is Anabelle Jewish and I just never noticed? And lesbian?
She must be (the latter) as she's never succumbed to Brian.

2018-04-06 21:48:25 UTC
Post by Vicky
They've had black and Indian people, and East Europeans and gay men
but they've never had anyone Jewish in TA, have they? And B is
pointing out no lesbians, which we've remarked on before on umra, so
he is suggesting a Jewish lesbian :). I suppose not many Jews live in
small villages in the country, but what about a Doctor or the
counsellor for Shula and Snappy, or Tom researches Israeli systems of
agriculture and water management and meets someone?
Or is Anabelle Jewish and I just never noticed? And lesbian?
Well we have had lesbians, because Carole Tregorran’s daughter had a female
partner.

As for whether the occupants of the village are Jewish or not, how would
you know, any more than whether they are Roman Catholic or Baptist or
anything else? Surely they are all still just people?

I live in a village very like Ambridge and I haven’t a clue whether any of
the other residents are Jewish or anything else, and I think this would be
normal in a similar society. It just isn’t important to most people,
surely? I also imagine that in the same way that the BBC steer clear of
party politics, they also steer clear of anything but a passing and
occasional reference to the village church and its goings-on. Twelve
minutes per episode isn’t enough to fit everything in!
2018-04-06 22:02:48 UTC
On 6 Apr 2018 21:48:25 GMT, Sally Thompson
I live in a village very like Ambridge and I haven’t a clue whether any of
the other residents are Jewish or anything else, and I think this would be
normal in a similar society. It just isn’t important to most people,
surely? I also imagine that in the same way that the BBC steer clear of
party politics, they also steer clear of anything but a passing and
occasional reference to the village church and its goings-on. Twelve
minutes per episode isn’t enough to fit everything in!
This is a conversation I've had with Ma recently relating to all the
Labour/anti-semitism news recently.

When I was tiny, our next door neighbours were Jewish. They moved
before their son, who was just a bit older than me, and I went to
school. I had several close friends at primary school who were
Jewish. The only difference when I was at school was that some pupils
(whatever non-Christian religion they were) didn't come into assembly
until the notices at the end. Nobody gave a toss, in the same way that
we didn't give a toss about the thalidamide kids in the year above, or
any of the other pupils who "weren't like us". Because we never cared
they weren't like us, as they were in the same form/class and did the
same lessons as us.

I know my neighbours, but I have no idea what religion or otherwise
they are. We are neighbours. We chat, we share garden waste bins, we
help out with odd jobs, we keep an eye on the kids. Unless they play
loud music until all hours (ex-neighbours' son) or have security
lights that illuminate my bedroom at regular intervals in the wee
small hours (ex-neighbours across the back), or park in my driveway
(people across the corner), or their dogs crap on my garden (pretty
much anyone who walks past to the country park), I get on with them
and don't need to know about their private lives any more than they
need to know about mine.
SODAM
2018-04-07 00:20:54 UTC
Post by Vicky
They've had black and Indian people, and East Europeans and gay men
but they've never had anyone Jewish in TA, have they? And B is
pointing out no lesbians, which we've remarked on before on umra, so
he is suggesting a Jewish lesbian :). I suppose not many Jews live in
small villages in the country, but what about a Doctor or the
counsellor for Shula and Snappy, or Tom researches Israeli systems of
agriculture and water management and meets someone?
Or is Anabelle Jewish and I just never noticed? And lesbian?
Wasn’t Carol Tregorran’s barrister daughter, Umbrella, a lesbian? Not
Jewish, though.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
BrritSki
2018-04-07 07:00:59 UTC
Post by Vicky
They've had black and Indian people, and East Europeans and gay men
but they've never had anyone Jewish in TA, have they?
Wasn't Ruth's Dad Solly Jewish. Or is that just vile, unconscious,
anti-semitic stereotyping on my part ? Hello, Jezza [1], I didn't see
you over there...

[1] The Ultimate Goy ?
LFS
2018-04-08 11:16:31 UTC
Post by Vicky
They've had black and Indian people, and East Europeans and gay men
but they've never had anyone Jewish in TA, have they?
Wasn't Ruth's Dad Solly Jewish. Or is that just vile, unconscious,
anti-semitic stereotyping on my part ?  Hello, Jezza [1], I didn't see
you over there...
[1] The Ultimate Goy ?
<giggle> I had thought that myself. Even Jews succumb to stereotyping.
2018-04-07 07:20:42 UTC
Post by Vicky
They've had black and Indian people, and East Europeans and gay men
but they've never had anyone Jewish in TA, have they? And B is
pointing out no lesbians, which we've remarked on before on umra, so
he is suggesting a Jewish lesbian :). I suppose not many Jews live in
small villages in the country, but what about a Doctor or the
counsellor for Shula and Snappy, or Tom researches Israeli systems of
agriculture and water management and meets someone?
Or is Anabelle Jewish and I just never noticed? And lesbian?
Try North London. Knee deep in jewish psychotherapists.
2018-04-07 17:10:20 UTC
In message
Post by Btms
Post by Vicky
They've had black and Indian people, and East Europeans and gay men
but they've never had anyone Jewish in TA, have they? And B is
pointing out no lesbians, which we've remarked on before on umra, so
he is suggesting a Jewish lesbian :). I suppose not many Jews live in
small villages in the country, but what about a Doctor or the
counsellor for Shula and Snappy, or Tom researches Israeli systems of
agriculture and water management and meets someone?
Or is Anabelle Jewish and I just never noticed? And lesbian?
Try North London. Knee deep in jewish psychotherapists.
I think the "they" Vicky was referring to was the TA PTB.

A waist is a terrible thing to mind.