OT: Umrats in disguise?
2018-06-17 09:11:50 UTC
I went to an entertainment last night, a show called "From Here to
Absurdity", a selection of comedy sketches presented by 2 chaps and a
chapess. (I wonder if my esteemed leader came across them when they
appeared in Rock?) At one stage the whole proceedings turned into "Umra
Live" with a sketch revolving round the Welsh Film Awards. Very, very
funny but I reckoned Umra could have done just as well.

2018-06-17 10:05:15 UTC
On 17/06/2018 10:11, Jenny M Benson wrote:
> I went to an entertainment last night, a show called "From Here to
> Absurdity", a selection of comedy sketches presented by 2 chaps and a
> chapess.  (I wonder if my esteemed leader came across them when they
> appeared in Rock?)  At one stage the whole proceedings turned into "Umra
> Live" with a sketch revolving round the Welsh Film Awards.  Very, very
> funny but I reckoned Umra could have done just as well.

Is this a cue for a round of Welsh Film Club?

Pirates of the Carreg Cennen
The Llandaff Time Forgot
Siân (the story of a lost Welsh genius of the piano)...
48 Gowers

2018-06-17 10:58:27 UTC
Sid Nuncius <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 17/06/2018 10:11, Jenny M Benson wrote:
>> I went to an entertainment last night, a show called "From Here to
>> Absurdity", a selection of comedy sketches presented by 2 chaps and a
>> chapess.  (I wonder if my esteemed leader came across them when they
>> appeared in Rock?)  At one stage the whole proceedings turned into "Umra
>> Live" with a sketch revolving round the Welsh Film Awards.  Very, very
>> funny but I reckoned Umra could have done just as well.
>>

> Is this a cue for a round of Welsh Film Club?
>
> Pirates of the Carreg Cennen
> The Llandaff Time Forgot
> Siân (the story of a lost Welsh genius of the piano)...
> 48 Gowers

Tenby Bottles.

Splott on the Landscape.

Gower in Ferno.

198kHz
2018-06-17 16:18:23 UTC
On 17/06/2018 11:58, Mike wrote:
> Sid Nuncius <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 17/06/2018 10:11, Jenny M Benson wrote:
>>> I went to an entertainment last night, a show called "From Here to
>>> Absurdity", a selection of comedy sketches presented by 2 chaps and a
>>> chapess.  (I wonder if my esteemed leader came across them when they
>>> appeared in Rock?)  At one stage the whole proceedings turned into "Umra
>>> Live" with a sketch revolving round the Welsh Film Awards.  Very, very
>>> funny but I reckoned Umra could have done just as well.
>>>

>> Is this a cue for a round of Welsh Film Club?
>>
>> Pirates of the Carreg Cennen
>> The Llandaff Time Forgot
>> Siân (the story of a lost Welsh genius of the piano)...
>> 48 Gowers
>>

> Tenby Bottles.
>
> Splott on the Landscape.
>
> Gower in Ferno.

9½ Leeks
The Four Usk Men
Rhayader of the Lost Ark
Sunshine on Neath
Paint Your Dragon
Last Tango in Powys

198kHz
Sid Nuncius
2018-06-17 18:23:36 UTC
On 17/06/2018 17:18, 198kHz wrote:
> On 17/06/2018 11:58, Mike wrote:
>> Sid Nuncius <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Is this a cue for a round of Welsh Film Club?
>>>
>>> Pirates of the Carreg Cennen
>>> The Llandaff Time Forgot
>>> Siân (the story of a lost Welsh genius of the piano)...
>>> 48 Gowers
>>
>> Tenby Bottles.
>> Splott on the Landscape.
>> Gower in Ferno.
>>
> 9½ Leeks
> The Four Usk Men
> Rhayader of the Lost Ark
> Sunshine on Neath
> Paint Your Dragon
> Last Tango in Powys

The Longest Dai (starring Glamorgan Freeman)
Pembroke Back Mountain (starring Neath Ledger)
Barry My Heart At Wounded Knee (starring Gwynedd Paltrow)
Myfanwy And Other Animals (starring Denbigh Reynolds)
Black Swansea (starring Gwent Steffani)

2018-06-17 15:01:48 UTC
On 17/06/2018 10:11, Jenny M Benson wrote; my response is lower down:
> Welsh Film Awards

Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta-Jones presumably won everything?

2018-06-17 21:09:01 UTC
On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 16:01:48 +0100, krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:

>On 17/06/2018 10:11, Jenny M Benson wrote; my response is lower down:
>> Welsh Film Awards
>
>Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta-Jones presumably won everything?

Nothing for Michael Sheen? And Shirley Bassey would have won best
song.
2018-06-17 18:24:03 UTC
Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> I went to an entertainment last night, a show called "From Here to
> Absurdity", a selection of comedy sketches presented by 2 chaps and a
> chapess. (I wonder if my esteemed leader came across them when they
> appeared in Rock?) At one stage the whole proceedings turned into "Umra
> Live" with a sketch revolving round the Welsh Film Awards. Very, very
> funny but I reckoned Umra could have done just as well.

Where in Rock? I

Rosalind Mitchell
2018-06-17 22:44:34 UTC
On 17/06/18 10:11, Jenny M Benson wrote:
> I went to an entertainment last night, a show called "From Here to
> Absurdity", a selection of comedy sketches presented by 2 chaps and a
> chapess.  (I wonder if my esteemed leader came across them when they
> appeared in Rock?)  At one stage the whole proceedings turned into "Umra
> Live" with a sketch revolving round the Welsh Film Awards.  Very, very
> funny but I reckoned Umra could have done just as well.

The Big Sheep
Dai Another Day
Evans Gate
Cwmfort and Joy
BrritSki
2018-06-18 05:54:16 UTC
On 18/06/2018 00:44, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
> On 17/06/18 10:11, Jenny M Benson wrote:
>> I went to an entertainment last night, a show called "From Here to
>> Absurdity", a selection of comedy sketches presented by 2 chaps and a
>> chapess.  (I wonder if my esteemed leader came across them when they
>> appeared in Rock?)  At one stage the whole proceedings turned into
>> "Umra Live" with a sketch revolving round the Welsh Film Awards.
>> Very, very funny but I reckoned Umra could have done just as well.
>
> The Big Sheep
> Dai Another Day
> Evans Gate
> Cwmfort and Joy

Withnail and Menai
The King and Menai
Bangor 18
License to Rhyll
Sid Nuncius
2018-06-18 08:47:47 UTC
On 18/06/2018 06:54, BrritSki wrote:
> On 18/06/2018 00:44, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
>> On 17/06/18 10:11, Jenny M Benson wrote:
>>> I went to an entertainment last night, a show called "From Here to
>>> Absurdity", a selection of comedy sketches presented by 2 chaps and a
>>> chapess.  (I wonder if my esteemed leader came across them when they
>>> appeared in Rock?)  At one stage the whole proceedings turned into
>>> "Umra Live" with a sketch revolving round the Welsh Film Awards.
>>> Very, very funny but I reckoned Umra could have done just as well.
>>
>> The Big Sheep
>> Dai Another Day
>> Evans Gate
>> Cwmfort and Joy
>
> Withnail and Menai
> The King and Menai
> Bangor 18
> License to Rhyll

Who Framed Roger Rarebit?

Sorry. Byddaf yn casglu fy nghôt.

2018-06-19 09:28:41 UTC
On 17/06/2018 23:44, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
> On 17/06/18 10:11, Jenny M Benson wrote:
>> I went to an entertainment last night, a show called "From Here to
>> Absurdity", a selection of comedy sketches presented by 2 chaps and a
>> chapess.  (I wonder if my esteemed leader came across them when they
>> appeared in Rock?)  At one stage the whole proceedings turned into
>> "Umra Live" with a sketch revolving round the Welsh Film Awards.
>> Very, very funny but I reckoned Umra could have done just as well.
>
> The Big Sheep
> Dai Another Day
> Evans Gate
> Cwmfort and Joy

Passed a signpost yesterday which reminded me of another:

Nannerch of the North.

BTW, i think Umra has managed to come up with a completely different set
to the ones heard the other night, but just as good, of course.

Rosalind Mitchell
2018-06-19 11:50:26 UTC
On 19/06/18 10:28, Jenny M Benson wrote:
> On 17/06/2018 23:44, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
>> On 17/06/18 10:11, Jenny M Benson wrote:
>>> I went to an entertainment last night, a show called "From Here to
>>> Absurdity", a selection of comedy sketches presented by 2 chaps and a
>>> chapess.  (I wonder if my esteemed leader came across them when they
>>> appeared in Rock?)  At one stage the whole proceedings turned into
>>> "Umra Live" with a sketch revolving round the Welsh Film Awards.
>>> Very, very funny but I reckoned Umra could have done just as well.
>>
>> The Big Sheep
>> Dai Another Day
>> Evans Gate
>> Cwmfort and Joy
>>

> Passed a signpost yesterday which reminded me of another:
>
> Nannerch of the North.

Bravo!

> BTW, i think Umra has managed to come up with a completely different set
> to the ones heard the other night, but just as good, of course.

Rhondda Midnight
Annie Hwyl
Pembroke Bach[1] Mountain
Beyond Trefforest

[1] Or should that be Pembroke Fach Mountain?
Sid Nuncius
2018-06-19 17:00:47 UTC
On 19/06/2018 12:50, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
> On 19/06/18 10:28, Jenny M Benson wrote:
>>>
>>> The Big Sheep
>>> Dai Another Day
>>> Evans Gate
>>> Cwmfort and Joy
>>>
>> Passed a signpost yesterday which reminded me of another:
>>
>> Nannerch of the North.
>
> Bravo!
>
>> BTW, i think Umra has managed to come up with a completely different
>> set to the ones heard the other night, but just as good, of course.
>
> Rhondda Midnight
> Annie Hwyl
> Pembroke Bach[1] Mountain
> Beyond Trefforest

I know it's not a film, but I just need to get
Me And You Llangadog Named Blue
off my chest.

Rosalind Mitchell
2018-06-19 18:09:18 UTC

[Applause]
Sid Nuncius
2018-06-19 18:12:52 UTC
On 19/06/2018 19:09, Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
> On 19/06/18 18:00, Sid Nuncius wrote:

>>> Bravo!

>>> Rhondda Midnight
>>> Annie Hwyl
>>> Pembroke Bach[1] Mountain
>>> Beyond Trefforest
>>
>> I know it's not a film, but I just need to get
>> Me And You Llangadog Named Blue
>> off my chest.
>
> [Applause]

<curtseys with modest blush>