Umra radio club
LFS
2017-11-16 13:46:22 UTC
I was in desperate need of distraction in the early hours of this
morning and discovered "A Month of Maureen" on R4 iPlayer, two (so far)
plays specially written for Maureen Lipman. Highly recommended.
Laura (emulate St George for email)
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-11-16 16:18:11 UTC
Post by LFS
I was in desperate need of distraction in the early hours of this
morning and discovered "A Month of Maureen" on R4 iPlayer, two (so far)
plays specially written for Maureen Lipman. Highly recommended.
Anything with ML is good. My first thought is of her first line in
Educating Rita ("Wouldn't you just DIE without MAHler?"), but many other
things: "Agony" was somewhat before its time, but I enjoyed it. (Maybe
because of that.) Even the BT/Beattie commercials, though those were
repeated too much so became wearing. ("You got an ology!")

Who's General Failure & why's he reading my disk? (Stolen from another .sig)
Sid Nuncius
2017-11-16 19:28:21 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by LFS
I was in desperate need of distraction in the early hours of this
morning and discovered "A Month of Maureen" on R4 iPlayer, two (so
far) plays specially written for Maureen Lipman. Highly recommended.
Anything with ML is good.
<languid wave>

Eskimo Day. Just saying.

And may I recommend Jack Rosenthal's autobiography, entitled By Jack
Rosenthal? Very warmly indeed. (It has a wonderful afterword by ML,
too. Extraordinarily poignant and also very, very funny.)