sunday spoiler
2017-04-10 08:01:23 UTC
Some "excellent" lines ..........

But I'm still not sure if its Matt's old close friend or I've slightly
forgotten his voice pattern,

2017-04-10 08:06:47 UTC
But I'm still not sure if its Matt's old close friend or I've slightly
forgotten his voice pattern,
Same here!
Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist,
but you have ceased to live.
(Mark Twain)
DavidK
2017-04-10 08:22:01 UTC
But I'm still not sure if its Matt's old close friend or I've slightly
forgotten his voice pattern,
Same here!
I thought the voice was the same but his diction was different. I can't
remember which particular phrase made me think that.
Nick Odell
2017-04-10 08:43:48 UTC
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 09:06:47 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
But I'm still not sure if its Matt's old close friend or I've slightly
forgotten his voice pattern,
Same here!
His voice sounded different to me too but the BBC Archers blog is
illustrating their story of the return of Matt Crawford with a picture
of Kim Durham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thearchers/entries/c164f40a-c705-4284-a8fd-fa4cfa3d7ca8

2017-04-10 09:15:47 UTC
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 09:06:47 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
But I'm still not sure if its Matt's old close friend or I've slightly
forgotten his voice pattern,
Same here!
His voice sounded different to me too but the BBC Archers blog is
illustrating their story of the return of Matt Crawford with a picture
of Kim Durham
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thearchers/entries/c164f40a-c705-4284-a8fd-fa4cfa3d7ca8
Nick
Not that anyone in Ambridge ever notices when a different voice (and
presumably a different person, nearly said actor there!) assumes an
existing person's persona.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
2017-04-11 06:45:46 UTC
Not that anyone in Ambridge ever notices when a different voice (and
presumably a different person, nearly said actor there!) assumes an
existing person's persona.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
That's because they didn't see them there.
2017-04-10 09:37:55 UTC
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 09:06:47 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
But I'm still not sure if its Matt's old close friend or I've slightly
forgotten his voice pattern,
Same here!
His voice sounded different to me too but the BBC Archers blog is
illustrating their story of the return of Matt Crawford with a picture
of Kim Durham
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thearchers/entries/c164f40a-c705-4284-a8fd-fa4cfa3d7ca8
Nick
Maybe its just his voice has aged since we last heard him, or he's got a
cold or hayfever.

2017-04-10 08:34:59 UTC
Some "excellent" lines ..........
But I'm still not sure if its Matt's old close friend or I've slightly
forgotten his voice pattern,
Sincerely Chris
Likewise but I can't decide exactly what makes it sound different.
Slightly too high, perhaps? Certainly not as robust as I remember.

I quite liked the way the violence was kept off screen...
2017-04-10 08:39:47 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Chris McMillan
Some "excellent" lines ..........
But I'm still not sure if its Matt's old close friend or I've slightly
forgotten his voice pattern,
Sincerely Chris
Likewise but I can't decide exactly what makes it sound different.
Slightly too high, perhaps? Certainly not as robust as I remember.
I quite liked the way the violence was kept off screen...
Same actor. Perhaps he has been learning his trade whilst away?
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Sam Plusnet
2017-04-11 20:03:42 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Chris McMillan
Some "excellent" lines ..........
But I'm still not sure if its Matt's old close friend or I've slightly
forgotten his voice pattern,
Sincerely Chris
Likewise but I can't decide exactly what makes it sound different.
Slightly too high, perhaps? Certainly not as robust as I remember.
I quite liked the way the violence was kept off screen...
Same actor. Perhaps he has been learning his trade whilst away?
Or simply forgotten the exact 'voice' he developed (over time) for that
role?
2017-04-11 21:15:16 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Chris McMillan
Some "excellent" lines ..........
But I'm still not sure if its Matt's old close friend or I've slightly
forgotten his voice pattern,
Sincerely Chris
Likewise but I can't decide exactly what makes it sound different.
Slightly too high, perhaps? Certainly not as robust as I remember.
I quite liked the way the violence was kept off screen...
Same actor. Perhaps he has been learning his trade whilst away?
Or simply forgotten the exact 'voice' he developed (over time) for that
role?
Quite. My thoughts too.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Fenny
2017-04-11 21:27:55 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Chris McMillan
Some "excellent" lines ..........
But I'm still not sure if its Matt's old close friend or I've slightly
forgotten his voice pattern,
Sincerely Chris
Likewise but I can't decide exactly what makes it sound different.
Slightly too high, perhaps? Certainly not as robust as I remember.
I quite liked the way the violence was kept off screen...
Same actor. Perhaps he has been learning his trade whilst away?
Or simply forgotten the exact 'voice' he developed (over time) for that
role?
Quite. My thoughts too.
Maybe Matt's just a different person when he's not in Ambridge and
hasn't managed to slip back into village life yet.
2017-04-12 08:33:02 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by LFS
Post by Chris McMillan
Some "excellent" lines ..........
But I'm still not sure if its Matt's old close friend or I've slightly
forgotten his voice pattern,
Sincerely Chris
Likewise but I can't decide exactly what makes it sound different.
Slightly too high, perhaps? Certainly not as robust as I remember.
I quite liked the way the violence was kept off screen...
Same actor. Perhaps he has been learning his trade whilst away?
Or simply forgotten the exact 'voice' he developed (over time) for that
role?
Quite. My thoughts too.
Maybe Matt's just a different person when he's not in Ambridge and
hasn't managed to slip back into village life yet.
Or he's not staying once Carpet Burns has burnt his fingers .....

2017-04-12 09:06:04 UTC
Or he's not staying once Carpet Burns has burnt his fingers .....
If I remember correctly whilst Lilian initially thought she might have
been burgled he had left a note (?) and so there was no crime and so
Matt unlike Rob is not a person of interest to the police.

So nothing for the PC to do (not that he ever does anyway - where are
Ed's cows? Am I really expected to believe that with the documentation
needed in this day and age a herd can vanish without trace? And what
about the missing collection money; if it was Alf then why has he not
had his collar felt and if it was George he is still living in the
village - and why has Ed not discussed his sudden money with Will? Does
anyone actually edit these stories?)
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Btms
2017-04-12 10:46:45 UTC
Or he's not staying once Carpet Burns has burnt his fingers .....
If I remember correctly whilst Lilian initially thought she might have
been burgled he had left a note (?) and so there was no crime and so
Matt unlike Rob is not a person of interest to the police.
So nothing for the PC to do (not that he ever does anyway - where are
Ed's cows? Am I really expected to believe that with the documentation
needed in this day and age a herd can vanish without trace? And what
about the missing collection money; if it was Alf then why has he not
had his collar felt and if it was George he is still living in the
village - and why has Ed not discussed his sudden money with Will? Does
anyone actually edit these stories?)
But shirley this is real life? It is about budgets above all else today.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-04-12 19:23:03 UTC
Or he's not staying once Carpet Burns has burnt his fingers .....
If I remember correctly whilst Lilian initially thought she might have
been burgled he had left a note (?) and so there was no crime and so
There might not have been a burglary, but surely his emptying of
accounts ... had Lil made him some sort of authorised director?
Post by krw
Matt unlike Rob is not a person of interest to the police.
So nothing for the PC to do (not that he ever does anyway - where are
Ed's cows? Am I really expected to believe that with the documentation
needed in this day and age a herd can vanish without trace? And what
I suspect not if slaughtered - OK, in theory there's paperwork, but
remember a few years ago Eddie came very close to being done for dodgy
meat: I think that was just past sell-by or otherwise condemned, but if
there are people like him willing to take it, such a quantity could
disappear fairly well without trace. (It wasn't _that_ many cows, was
it?)
Post by krw
about the missing collection money; if it was Alf then why has he not
had his collar felt and if it was George he is still living in the
village - and why has Ed not discussed his sudden money with Will? Does
anyone actually edit these stories?)
I thought the Ed/Will feud was being maintained (e. g. over buying
expensive things for the kids), so it wouldn't surprise me that any such
discussions haven't taken place. (And thus George could buy himself
things, and Ed'd just assume - furiously - that Will had bought them,
and not challenge.)

"Address the chair!" "There isn't a chair, there's only a rock!" "Well, call
it a chair!" "Why not call it a rock?" (First series, fit the sixth.)
krw
2017-04-12 22:27:19 UTC
had Lil made him some sort of authorised director?
No because of his conviction.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
krw
2017-04-12 22:28:10 UTC
I thought the Ed/Will feud was being maintained
No Clarrie herself pointed out that the two were getting along very well
these days.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-04-13 06:40:41 UTC
I thought the Ed/Will feud was being maintained
No Clarrie herself pointed out that the two were getting along very
well these days.
Isn't that wishful thinking on her part though? I got the impression
that Ed - in his current depressed state - still resents greatly; look
at the fuss over the trampoline purchase.

"I've got this shocking pain right behind the eyes."
"Have you considered amputation?" - Vila & Avon
Sam Plusnet
2017-04-14 01:31:41 UTC
I thought the Ed/Will feud was being maintained
No Clarrie herself pointed out that the two were getting along very
well these days.
Isn't that wishful thinking on her part though? I got the impression
that Ed - in his current depressed state - still resents greatly; look
at the fuss over the trampoline purchase.
Well perhaps. But I'm sure he'll bounce back.
2017-04-14 08:00:02 UTC
I thought the Ed/Will feud was being maintained
No Clarrie herself pointed out that the two were getting along very
well these days.
Isn't that wishful thinking on her part though? I got the impression
that Ed - in his current depressed state - still resents greatly; look
at the fuss over the trampoline purchase.
Well perhaps. But I'm sure he'll bounce back.
By the end of spring?
2017-04-10 09:37:54 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Chris McMillan
Some "excellent" lines ..........
But I'm still not sure if its Matt's old close friend or I've slightly
forgotten his voice pattern,
Sincerely Chris
Likewise but I can't decide exactly what makes it sound different.
Slightly too high, perhaps? Certainly not as robust as I remember.
I quite liked the way the violence was kept off screen...
Definitely! :). At least Justin knows he'd better not mess around!

2017-04-10 17:31:17 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by Chris McMillan
Some "excellent" lines ..........
But I'm still not sure if its Matt's old close friend or I've slightly
forgotten his voice pattern,
Sincerely Chris
Likewise but I can't decide exactly what makes it sound different.
Slightly too high, perhaps? Certainly not as robust as I remember.
I quite liked the way the violence was kept off screen...
MTAAW to all of that. Just hearing it now.