Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - week ending 4th May 2018
2018-04-25 22:04:34 UTC

Hannah - Helen Longworth
Beverley - Alison Belbin
Jake Grundy - Rob Redwood
Ellis - Ryan Whittle

Director : Julie Beckett
Editor : Alison Hindell
Writer : Simon Frith

Spoilers:
Sunday 29th - Alice is on the warpath, and Will is humiliated.
Monday 30th - Alistair does not know where to turn, and Lexi has
concerns.
Tuesday 1st - Johnny comes to the rescue, and there is more bad news for
Will.
Wednesday 2nd - Lily demands answers, and Jazzer gatecrashes.
Thursday 3rd - Harrison is stunned, and Shula lets her hair down.
Friday 4th - Brian comes clean, and Kenton considers his actions.
2018-04-25 22:25:21 UTC
Hannah    -    Helen Longworth
Beverley    -    Alison Belbin
Jake Grundy    -    Rob Redwood
Ellis    -    Ryan Whittle
Not many Archers this week. This is a programme about the Archers - not
some random collection of drug dealers.
2018-04-26 03:12:56 UTC
In message <pbqu1i$pqk$***@dont-email.me>, carolet
<***@btinternet.com> writes:
Monday 30th - Alistair does not know where to turn, and Lexi has
concerns.
[]
"No, Alistair, I do _not_ think your AI equipment will help."

It costs more to send someone to prison than it does to send a child to Eton.
- Dan Snow (RT 2014/11/1-7)
p***@never.here
2018-04-26 10:28:38 UTC
On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 23:04:34 +0100, carolet
Jill Archer - Patricia Greene
Kenton Archer - Richard Attlee
Brian Aldridge - Charles Collingwood
PC Harrison Burns - James Cartwright
Neil Carter - Brian Hewlett
Susan Carter - Charlotte Martin
Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
Ian Craig - Stephen Kennedy
Will Grundy - Philip Molloy
Ed Grundy - Barry Farrimond
Shula Hebden Lloyd - Judy Bennett
Dan Hebden Lloyd - Will Howard
Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
Adam Macy - Andrew Wincott
Jazzer McCreary - Ryan Kelly
Freddie Pargetter - Toby Laurence
Johnny Phillips - Tom Gibbons
Fallon Rogers - Joanna van Kampen
Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Lexi Viktorova - Ania Sowinski
Hannah - Helen Longworth
Beverley - Alison Belbin
Jake Grundy - Rob Redwood
Ellis - Ryan Whittle
Director : Julie Beckett
Editor : Alison Hindell
Writer : Simon Frith
Did we ever work out how they determined the order of the cast
listing? It is certainly not based on Archer family seniority - if it
was, as Peggy and Jenny aren't there Brian would be at the top. That
seniority has obviously been overlooked in favour of the "Brookfield"
branch of the family because they have the "Archer" surname and farm
Brookfield.

So I can understand Jill being at the top but PC Burns at fourth? With
Jill's daughter and Kenton's twin, Shula well down the list and Jill's
grandson even further down. Carpet isn't even listed with his partner,
Fallon.

Anybody?
Pete
Serena Blanchflower
2018-04-26 12:56:53 UTC
Post by p***@never.here
[...]
With a couple of exceptions, it appears to be alphabetical, based on
surnames. The exceptions being Archers being listed ahead of Aldridges
and Jake Grundy being listed amongst the surnameless.
I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.
p***@never.here
2018-04-27 08:40:17 UTC
On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 13:56:53 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
Post by Serena Blanchflower
Post by p***@never.here
[...]
Many thanks, Serena. Obvious, now you've pointed it out.
Pete
carolet
2018-04-27 14:46:43 UTC
Post by p***@never.here
[...]
First Archers, then the regulars by alphabetical order od surname, which
puts Aldridges after Archers, then newcomers and incidental people.

The Brookfield Archers comes first, followed by Bull Archers and then
Bridge Farm. Within a family they seem to be listed in order of
seniority, so if they all appear, the list will start with Jill, David,
Ruth, Pip, Josh, Kenton, Jolene, Tony, Pat, Tom, Helen, Brian, Jenny,
Lilian, Harrison, Neil, Susan, Alice, Chris, ...
and Peggy will be the last of the regular, well established characters.

Having said that, they occasionally seem to use a totally random order.