Totally o/t but... Firestick
2018-03-24 18:27:55 UTC
We have taken the plunge and been and paid Amazon many shekels for an Echo,
some Echo Dots and a Fire Stick with voice r/c.

My present task is trying to make sense of browsing and bookmarking Prime
programmes, problem is, having chosen a genre, I select an item and
bookmark it but when I go back to the browser, it ha moved elsewhere! Is
there a way to select a genre and return to it to continue browsing where I
left off please? The dodging about upon return is erratic and unpredictably
strange in its’ movement. Can I tame this please?
Rosalind Mitchell
2018-03-24 18:58:52 UTC
We have taken the plunge and been and paid Amazon many shekels for an Echo,
It was my job to go to Mr Hughes's newsagents after hours on a
Saturday to get the pink footie Echo out of the machine for my dad. It
was only 3d IIRC.
Post by Mike
some Echo Dots and a Fire Stick with voice r/c.
Oh, not that kind of Echo then? You'll be telling me that wireless
isn't the same as it was next.

Rotaa
the Omrud
2018-03-24 19:39:01 UTC
We have taken the plunge and been and paid Amazon many shekels for an Echo,
some Echo Dots and a Fire Stick with voice r/c.
My present task is trying to make sense of browsing and bookmarking Prime
programmes, problem is, having chosen a genre, I select an item and
bookmark it but when I go back to the browser, it ha moved elsewhere! Is
there a way to select a genre and return to it to continue browsing where I
left off please? The dodging about upon return is erratic and unpredictably
strange in its’ movement. Can I tame this please?
I'm very taken with our Fire Stick, but the User Interface and
presentation of programmes is a little irritating. It's heavily
designed to push you towards whatever it is they want you to see. IME
you just have to put up with it. The Neflix and TV broadcaster apps
work very well so it's worth it. I've just about stopped using the
Chromecast.

Assiming you have Prime, I recommend This Is Us and American Gods (I
paid for Prime in the first place just to be able to watch this).
David
SODAM
2018-03-24 23:46:14 UTC
We have taken the plunge and been and paid Amazon many shekels for an Echo,
some Echo Dots and a Fire Stick with voice r/c.
My present task is trying to make sense of browsing and bookmarking Prime
programmes, problem is, having chosen a genre, I select an item and
bookmark it but when I go back to the browser, it ha moved elsewhere! Is
there a way to select a genre and return to it to continue browsing where I
left off please? The dodging about upon return is erratic and unpredictably
strange in its’ movement. Can I tame this please?
Yes, you can do it. I only have an Echo but it and the tv are on the same
network. Link them both. Switch the tv to the right channel (HDMI 2 for
mine) then say, “Alexa, play “I, Tonya” and she’ll find the film for you.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Mike
2018-03-25 08:38:50 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Mike
We have taken the plunge and been and paid Amazon many shekels for an Echo,
some Echo Dots and a Fire Stick with voice r/c.
My present task is trying to make sense of browsing and bookmarking Prime
programmes, problem is, having chosen a genre, I select an item and
bookmark it but when I go back to the browser, it ha moved elsewhere! Is
there a way to select a genre and return to it to continue browsing where I
left off please? The dodging about upon return is erratic and unpredictably
strange in its’ movement. Can I tame this please?
Yes, you can do it. I only have an Echo but it and the tv are on the same
network. Link them both. Switch the tv to the right channel (HDMI 2 for
mine) then say, “Alexa, play “I, Tonya” and she’ll find the film for you.
Thank you Sodam, I want to browse a list as I don’t know if I know what I
want and unless I know what I want, I need to browse because I don’t know
what I want so I need to browse because........
2018-03-25 08:46:20 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Mike
[...]
... but I won’t be requesting ‘Paradise Lost’ or ‘Waiting for Godot’ just
yet ;-)))