OT: Spring has sprung
2017-03-05 13:31:31 UTC
Took some pictures in the garden this morning to show compost heaps and
lawn mentioned recently on umra, and also olive trees that I pruned
today, before and after:

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/rogertil/33134664601/in/photostream/>

If anyone is interested in some superb amateur theatre, here is my group
performing last Sunday. As I may have mentioned I did not take part this
year as I missed too many rehearsals due to skiing and illness:

<https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=20170226_105215.mp4>
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-03-05 17:13:36 UTC
Took some pictures in the garden this morning to show compost heaps and
lawn mentioned recently on umra, and also olive trees that I pruned
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/rogertil/33134664601/in/photostream/>
[]
(I saw the first nice picture, then I got a popover saying "Never miss a
post from Roger Tilbury\Sign up with Yahoo\or Sign in", which obscured
most of the image, and I could see no close marker on it. I couldn't see
all of the popover, but unlike the underlying [mostly obscured] webpage,
it _didn't_ scroll with the sidebars, so I couldn't move it to see if
there was a close.)

Here (mid Kent), had a pretty spectacular hailstorm - and then, within
half an hour or so, glorious sunshine.

... warrant officer Ellen Ripley, Sigourney Weaver's indelible symbol of
resilience, experience and looking good with a flame-thrower.
- Andrew Collins, RT 2016/4/16-22
LFS
2017-03-06 06:42:30 UTC
Here (mid Kent), had a pretty spectacular hailstorm - and then, within
half an hour or so, glorious sunshine.
We went out for lunch. Bright sunshine when we went into the restaurant
but as we were about to leave heavy rain and some hail. Fifteen minutes
later, bright sunshine again.

Drove home wondering why parked cars were just wet but others coming
down the hill towards us were covered in what looked like snow. Arriving
home, found garden apparently snow covered: hailstones a couple of
inches deep. Took ages to thaw. Local people were tweeting about it and
one had a photo on the weather forecast on Countryfile.
2017-03-07 10:24:54 UTC
Post by LFS
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Here (mid Kent), had a pretty spectacular hailstorm - and then, within
half an hour or so, glorious sunshine.
We went out for lunch. Bright sunshine when we went into the restaurant
but as we were about to leave heavy rain and some hail. Fifteen minutes
later, bright sunshine again.
Drove home wondering why parked cars were just wet but others coming
down the hill towards us were covered in what looked like snow. Arriving
home, found garden apparently snow covered: hailstones a couple of
inches deep. Took ages to thaw. Local people were tweeting about it and
one had a photo on the weather forecast on Countryfile.
Yes, Laura, my friend who lives round the corner from you posted a photo of
a rather white garden.

2017-03-07 07:50:05 UTC
Took some pictures in the garden this morning to show compost heaps and
lawn mentioned recently on umra, and also olive trees that I pruned
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/rogertil/33134664601/in/photostream/>
If anyone is interested in some superb amateur theatre, here is my group
performing last Sunday. As I may have mentioned I did not take part this
<https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=20170226_105215.mp4>
Blimey, it IS quiet here innit ?

I expect everyone's busy looking at my pix and vid

</sarc>