Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - week ending 3rd August 2018
2018-07-26 17:51:11 UTC

Roy Tucker - Ian Pepperell
Lexi Viktorova - Ania Sowinski
Hannah - Helen Longworth
Kelvin - Ryan Early

Director : Kim Greengrass
Editor : Alison Hindell
Writer : Keri Davies

Spoilers:
Sunday 29th - An arrival ruffles feathers, and Harrison has a
confession.
Monday 30th - Alistair goes too far, and Shula has an emergency on her
hands.
Tuesday 31st - Neil finds himself in trouble, and Elizabeth offers her
support.
Wednesday 1st - Rex is pushed out, and Brian's frustrations grow.
Thursday 2nd - Jill smells a rat, and Hannah is on the warpath.
Friday 3rd - Disaster looms for Freddie, and Roy fears for the future.

Clive Arthur
2018-07-31 15:56:51 UTC
On 26/07/2018 18:51, carolet wrote:
> Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>
> Cast    :
> Jill Archer    -    Patricia Greene
> David Archer    -    Tim Bentinck
> Ruth Archer    -    Felicity Finch
> Tom Archer    -    William Troughton
> Brian Aldridge    -    Charles Collingwood
> Lilian Bellamy    -    Sunny Ormonde
> PC Harrison Burns    -    James Cartwright
> Neil Carter    -    Brian Hewlett
> Susan Carter    -    Charlotte Martin
> Chris Carter    -    Wilf Scolding
> Rex Fairbrother    -    Nick Barber
> Toby Fairbrother    -    Rhys Bevan
> Robin Fairbrother    -    Anthony Head
> Emma Grundy    -    Emerald O'Hanrahan
> Shula Hebden Lloyd    -    Judy Bennett
> Alistair Lloyd    -    Michael Lumsden
> Adam Macy    -    Andrew Wincott
> Elizabeth Pargetter    -    Alison Dowling
> Freddie Pargetter    -    Toby Laurence
> Lily Pargetter    -    Katie Redford
> Roy Tucker    -    Ian Pepperell
> Lexi Viktorova    -    Ania Sowinski
> Hannah    -    Helen Longworth
> Kelvin    -    Ryan Early
>
> Director    :    Kim Greengrass
> Editor    :    Alison Hindell
> Writer    :    Keri Davies

> Spoilers:

> Friday 3rd - Disaster looms for Freddie, and Roy fears for the future.

Lexit?

Cheers
Clive
krw
2018-08-05 15:40:59 UTC
On 26/7/18 18:51, carolet wrote; my response is lower down:
> Writer    :    Keri Davies

I find this utterly disappointing.

The script Antony Head was given was beyond poor.

The fuss Harrison made over stripping down and ginger spice was just not
believable.

Hannah's outburst was probably well written but the performance was far
too way over the top. She has been in the village in a new job a few
weeks and has already admitted that the junior is not as bad as she
thought. But her accusations were just "wrong".

And Shula is a dimwit. Send snappy a text message so he can see the
problem is veterinary and not this week's divorce discussion.

And the talk about the hunt handling Topper referred to a humane
killing, not feeding him to hounds - but that was not made clear hence
outrage on Twitter.

I really feel this week was a combination of bad writing with characters
out of kilter and only Pip (or perhaps Toby) is losing sleep from a new
baby. No parent these days is as biased to one child as Robin was
supposed to be.

Unrealistic - and that is with one of the better writers. Am I still
drug addled?

2018-08-05 15:43:33 UTC
On 05/08/2018 16:40, krw wrote:
> And the talk about the hunt handling Topper referred to a humane
> killing, not feeding him to hounds - but that was not made clear hence
> outrage on Twitter.

I don't think that was what was meant - the suggestion of the hunt
dealing with it was after Topper had died, not before.

TOOTHACHE: The pain that drives you to extraction.
krw
2018-08-05 15:52:15 UTC
On 5/8/18 16:43, Serena Blanchflower wrote; my response is lower down:
> On 05/08/2018 16:40, krw wrote:
>> And the talk about the hunt handling Topper referred to a humane
>> killing, not feeding him to hounds - but that was not made clear hence
>> outrage on Twitter.
>
> I don't think that was what was meant - the suggestion of the hunt
> dealing with it was after Topper had died,  not before.

The hunt will have appropriate powers to handle the bodily remains of
animals and to comply with legislation. They solve the "problem" and
merely send a bill.

2018-08-05 16:10:04 UTC
On 05/08/2018 16:52, krw wrote:
> On 5/8/18 16:43, Serena Blanchflower wrote; my response is lower down:
>> On 05/08/2018 16:40, krw wrote:
>>> And the talk about the hunt handling Topper referred to a humane
>>> killing, not feeding him to hounds - but that was not made clear
>>> hence outrage on Twitter.
>>
>> I don't think that was what was meant - the suggestion of the hunt
>> dealing with it was after Topper had died,  not before.
>>
> The hunt will have appropriate powers to handle the bodily remains of
> animals and to comply with legislation.  They solve the "problem" and
> merely send a bill.

Yes, but that won't be anything to do with providing a humane killing -
that had already been done.

2018-08-05 17:27:36 UTC
On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 16:40:59 +0100, krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:

>On 26/7/18 18:51, carolet wrote; my response is lower down:
>> Writer    :    Keri Davies
>
>I find this utterly disappointing.
>
>The script Antony Head was given was beyond poor.
>
>The fuss Harrison made over stripping down and ginger spice was just not
>believable.
>
>Hannah's outburst was probably well written but the performance was far
>too way over the top. She has been in the village in a new job a few
>weeks and has already admitted that the junior is not as bad as she
>thought. But her accusations were just "wrong".
>
>And Shula is a dimwit. Send snappy a text message so he can see the
>problem is veterinary and not this week's divorce discussion.
>
>And the talk about the hunt handling Topper referred to a humane
>killing, not feeding him to hounds - but that was not made clear hence
>outrage on Twitter.
>
>I really feel this week was a combination of bad writing with characters
>out of kilter and only Pip (or perhaps Toby) is losing sleep from a new
>baby. No parent these days is as biased to one child as Robin was
>supposed to be.
>
>Unrealistic - and that is with one of the better writers. Am I still
>drug addled?

You are obviously having clarity due to drugs! I knew things were
unsatisfactory but got carried away on fb with discussions and you
have clearly outlined exactly what was wrong with all the storylines.
Chris McMillan
2018-08-05 19:07:44 UTC
krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 26/7/18 18:51, carolet wrote; my response is lower down:
>> Writer    :    Keri Davies
>
> I find this utterly disappointing.
>
> The script Antony Head was given was beyond poor.
>
> The fuss Harrison made over stripping down and ginger spice was just not
> believable.
>
> Hannah's outburst was probably well written but the performance was far
> too way over the top. She has been in the village in a new job a few
> weeks and has already admitted that the junior is not as bad as she
> thought. But her accusations were just "wrong".

Yebbut when we met Hannah she was introduced as having been in the village
previously, being eyed up by Jazzer, but I can’t remember if we know who
she worked for? Berrow?

Even then, where did she live and with whom?

carolet
2018-08-05 23:10:24 UTC
On 05/08/2018 20:07, Chris McMillan wrote:
> krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>> On 26/7/18 18:51, carolet wrote; my response is lower down:
>>> Writer    :    Keri Davies
>>
>> I find this utterly disappointing.
>>
>> The script Antony Head was given was beyond poor.
>>
>> The fuss Harrison made over stripping down and ginger spice was just not
>> believable.
>>
>> Hannah's outburst was probably well written but the performance was far
>> too way over the top. She has been in the village in a new job a few
>> weeks and has already admitted that the junior is not as bad as she
>> thought. But her accusations were just "wrong".
>>
> Yebbut when we met Hannah she was introduced as having been in the village
> previously, being eyed up by Jazzer, but I can’t remember if we know who
> she worked for? Berrow?
>
> Even then, where did she live and with whom?

They have talked as if she worked with Tom and Jazzer.

Having just checked, I see that they have created a page for her on the
BBC web site -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/tXltK7swsQw1mWzDsjqkNR/hannah-riley

It would appear that she first came to Ambridge in 2008, as an
agricultural student. She worked with Tom's pigs when they were at Home
Farm.

Jazzer thought the pigs would be too much for her, but when she managed
to inject a sick pig, he decided that she was the girl for him. She was
more interested in Chris, even though he and Alice were already an item.

It doesn't say where she lived back then, and I don't remember, though I
feel that I should, if it was only 10 years ago.

2018-08-06 17:22:30 UTC
On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 00:10:24 +0100, carolet
<***@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Jazzer thought the pigs would be too much for her, but when she managed
>to inject a sick pig, he decided that she was the girl for him. She was
>more interested in Chris, even though he and Alice were already an item.
>
>It doesn't say where she lived back then, and I don't remember, though I
>feel that I should, if it was only 10 years ago.

Berloimey! Have Chris & Alice been together that long? Did Alice go
to boarding school?
2018-08-06 18:22:34 UTC
On 06/08/2018 18:22, Fenny wrote:
> Berloimey! Have Chris & Alice been together that long? Did Alice go
> to boarding school?

I think she did but then she insisted on leaving, after her GCSEs and
going to the local college to do her A levels.

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. (W. Somerset
Maugham)
carolet
2018-08-06 20:54:08 UTC
On 06/08/2018 18:22, Fenny wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 00:10:24 +0100, carolet
> <***@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> Jazzer thought the pigs would be too much for her, but when she managed
>> to inject a sick pig, he decided that she was the girl for him. She was
>> more interested in Chris, even though he and Alice were already an item.
>>
>> It doesn't say where she lived back then, and I don't remember, though I
>> feel that I should, if it was only 10 years ago.
>
> Berloimey! Have Chris & Alice been together that long? Did Alice go
> to boarding school?

They married in July 2010.

2018-08-06 18:49:10 UTC
Someone wrote:

Carolet

Thanks, Carolet. Mr Sheep emailed me today, he listened to TA right at the
start he tells me, and although he lost continuity at a couple of points he
had no recollection of Robin the Foulbrother, nor of Hannah so delighted to
be sending the link.

Neither he nor Mrs Sheep in the best of. Health, have recently moved house
to accommodate their diminished health.

Best Chris
krw
2018-08-07 09:42:00 UTC
On 6/8/18 19:49, Chris McMillan wrote; my response is lower down:
> Someone wrote:
>
> Carolet
>
> Thanks, Carolet. Mr Sheep emailed me today, he listened to TA right at the
> start he tells me, and although he lost continuity at a couple of points he
> had no recollection of Robin the Foulbrother, nor of Hannah so delighted to
> be sending the link.
>
> Neither he nor Mrs Sheep in the best of. Health, have recently moved house
> to accommodate their diminished health.
>
> Best Chris

I certainly remember Hannah being in the village - but it was only 3
months or something short. Robin never spoke and never met most of the
villagers - his existence largely centred around Nelson's wine bar and
reported meeting.

2018-08-07 09:53:42 UTC
Chris McMillan <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Someone wrote:
>
> Carolet
>
> Thanks, Carolet. Mr Sheep emailed me today, he listened to TA right at the
> start he tells me, and although he lost continuity at a couple of points he
> had no recollection of Robin the Foulbrother, nor of Hannah so delighted to
> be sending the link.
>
> Neither he nor Mrs Sheep in the best of. Health, have recently moved house
> to accommodate their diminished health.
>
> Best Chris

Sorryto learn about the health issues. Do send my love.

2018-08-07 18:19:36 UTC
Btms <***@thetames.me.uk> wrote:
> Chris McMillan <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> Someone wrote:
>>
>> Carolet
>>
>> Thanks, Carolet. Mr Sheep emailed me today, he listened to TA right at the
>> start he tells me, and although he lost continuity at a couple of points he
>> had no recollection of Robin the Foulbrother, nor of Hannah so delighted to
>> be sending the link.
>>
>> Neither he nor Mrs Sheep in the best of. Health, have recently moved house
>> to accommodate their diminished health.
>>
>> Best Chris
>>

> Sorryto learn about the health issues. Do send my love.

Will do, BTMS!

2018-08-05 19:07:45 UTC
krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 26/7/18 18:51, carolet wrote; my response is lower down:
>> Writer    :    Keri Davies
>
> I find this utterly disappointing.
>
> The script Antony Head was given was beyond poor.
>
> The fuss Harrison made over stripping down and ginger spice was just not
> believable.
>
> Hannah's outburst was probably well written but the performance was far
> too way over the top. She has been in the village in a new job a few
> weeks and has already admitted that the junior is not as bad as she
> thought. But her accusations were just "wrong".
>
> And Shula is a dimwit. Send snappy a text message so he can see the
> problem is veterinary and not this week's divorce discussion.
>
> And the talk about the hunt handling Topper referred to a humane
> killing, not feeding him to hounds - but that was not made clear hence
> outrage on Twitter.
>
> I really feel this week was a combination of bad writing with characters
> out of kilter and only Pip (or perhaps Toby) is losing sleep from a new
> baby. No parent these days is as biased to one child as Robin was
> supposed to be.

I think Pip is so sleep deprived hence her non arrival at the party. Tobes
may or may not be sleep deprived, we’re not sure he’s actually back in the
cottage full time. Still can’t answer his phone.

Sincerely Chris