spoiler Weds 26/7/17
2017-07-26 21:37:54 UTC

Jill sounded more like her old self today. Less demented :).
Lexi did have a point about Roy forcing her to be the one is
inconvenienced by his wish not to have a country where these things
happen. He is presumably influenced by his murky past where race
relations is concerned.
2017-07-26 21:43:05 UTC
Post by Vicky
Jill sounded more like her old self today. Less demented :).
Lexi did have a point about Roy forcing her to be the one is
inconvenienced by his wish not to have a country where these things
happen. He is presumably influenced by his murky past where race
relations is concerned.
Yeah, the writing is on the wall for Roy then.
2017-07-27 08:27:48 UTC
Post by Vicky
Jill sounded more like her old self today. Less demented :).
Lexi did have a point about Roy forcing her to be the one is
inconvenienced by his wish not to have a country where these things
happen. He is presumably influenced by his murky past where race
relations is concerned.
Yeah, the writing is on the wall for Roy then.
OTOH He is behaving how the British do/should, but she wants to behave
how they do in Poland. She wants to bring her own legal behaviour to the UK.
Vicky
2017-07-27 08:30:27 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by Mike
Post by Vicky
Jill sounded more like her old self today. Less demented :).
Lexi did have a point about Roy forcing her to be the one is
inconvenienced by his wish not to have a country where these things
happen. He is presumably influenced by his murky past where race
relations is concerned.
Yeah, the writing is on the wall for Roy then.
OTOH He is behaving how the British do/should, but she wants to behave
how they do in Poland. She wants to bring her own legal behaviour to the UK.
Yes, but her point was he wanted her to help the police but he didn't
want to give them any information HE had.
Clive Arthur
2017-07-27 09:12:45 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by Mike
Post by Vicky
Jill sounded more like her old self today. Less demented :).
Lexi did have a point about Roy forcing her to be the one is
inconvenienced by his wish not to have a country where these things
happen. He is presumably influenced by his murky past where race
relations is concerned.
Yeah, the writing is on the wall for Roy then.
OTOH He is behaving how the British do/should, but she wants to behave
how they do in Poland. She wants to bring her own legal behaviour to the UK.
Bulgaria. Where the great uncles come from.

Cheers
Clive
DavidK
2017-07-27 09:49:18 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by DavidK
Post by Mike
Post by Vicky
Jill sounded more like her old self today. Less demented :).
Lexi did have a point about Roy forcing her to be the one is
inconvenienced by his wish not to have a country where these things
happen. He is presumably influenced by his murky past where race
relations is concerned.
Yeah, the writing is on the wall for Roy then.
OTOH He is behaving how the British do/should, but she wants to behave
how they do in Poland. She wants to bring her own legal behaviour to the UK.
Bulgaria. Where the great uncles come from.
Cheers
Thank you, put it down to senility. I briefly wondered if Lexi was
getting worried because she was here illegally but then thought she was
from Poland and Poland is in the EU so that's rubbish. Then you said
Bulgaria but it's still rubbish, Bulgaria is in the EU too, but I had to
look that up.
DavidK
2017-07-27 09:54:28 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by DavidK
Post by Mike
Post by Vicky
[...]
Oh, Stop the Press! Poland is in the Schenden Area
<http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/schengen/index_en.htm>
but Bulgaria isn't! See
<https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/countries/member-countries_en>.
Lexi may or may not have a visa to work here. Or have I just ODed on
sugar and cream?
Chris B
2017-07-27 11:47:01 UTC
Post by DavidK
Oh, Stop the Press! Poland is in the Schenden Area
<http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/schengen/index_en.htm>
but Bulgaria isn't! See
<https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/countries/member-countries_en>.
Lexi may or may not have a visa to work here. Or have I just ODed on
sugar and cream?
Isn't the Shengen area just where anyone can go/work without a passport?
With a passport any EU citizen can go/work in any other EU country.
Or have I got that all wrong.
Chris B (News)
kosmo
2017-07-28 07:04:48 UTC
Post by Chris B
With a passport any EU citizen can go/work in any other EU
country.
Post by Chris B
Or have I got that all wrong.
Right but countries can apply rules which the UK did not see the
point of doing.
kosmo
Serena Blanchflower
2017-07-27 12:11:22 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by DavidK
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by DavidK
Post by Mike
Post by Vicky
[...]
I think you may have ODed! As we aren't in the Schengen area either,
that doesn't make any difference. According to this site, there haven't
been any restrictions on Bulgarians, or Romanians, working here since 2014:

<https://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/personnel/permits/employbrn/>
Exercise is bunk. If you are healthy you don't need it. If you are
sick, you shouldn't take it. (Henry Ford)
DavidK
2017-07-27 16:37:26 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by DavidK
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by DavidK
Post by Mike
Post by Vicky
[...]
Yes, I didn't realise that. sugar and egg on face.