BTA Awards Ceremony 2018 - Runner Up
2018-04-01 20:10:49 UTC
In this penultimate category there are again joint winners, who were
both Nominated by Sally. One was my own dear Mother Superior and the
second was ... yes, you've guessed it, Mike McT again.

The exchange went like this:

Talking of Sharon Richards' son: "And how many mistakes and cockups
will he make?"
"Not manby as we are led to believe that he has an almost mystdical
relationship with farm machinery/plant..."
"Shame his Father wasn't so blessed."
"Did his father call his tractor Beethoven?"

(Try not to encourage him Sally.)

Give it loud, please, for Btms - oh all right then, for McT too ...
2018-04-01 20:16:09 UTC
Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> In this penultimate category there are again joint winners, who were
> both Nominated by Sally. One was my own dear Mother Superior and the
> second was ... yes, you've guessed it, Mike McT again.
>
> The exchange went like this:
>
> Talking of Sharon Richards' son: "And how many mistakes and cockups
> will he make?"
> "Not manby as we are led to believe that he has an almost mystdical
> relationship with farm machinery/plant..."
> "Shame his Father wasn't so blessed."
> "Did his father call his tractor Beethoven?"
>
> (Try not to encourage him Sally.)
>
> Give it loud, please, for Btms - oh all right then, for McT too ...

Well thankyew but sumone has inerted typos plus I find no bad taste. 🧐

2018-04-06 15:17:14 UTC
On 01-Apr-18 09:16 PM, Btms wrote:
> Jenny M Benson<***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> In this penultimate category there are again joint winners, who were
>> both Nominated by Sally. One was my own dear Mother Superior and the
>> second was ... yes, you've guessed it, Mike McT again.
>>
>> The exchange went like this:
>>
>> Talking of Sharon Richards' son: "And how many mistakes and cockups
>> will he make?"
>> "Not manby as we are led to believe that he has an almost mystdical
>> relationship with farm machinery/plant..."
>> "Shame his Father wasn't so blessed."
>> "Did his father call his tractor Beethoven?"
>>
>> (Try not to encourage him Sally.)
>>
>> Give it loud, please, for Btms - oh all right then, for McT too ...
> Well thankyew but sumone has inerted typos plus I find no bad taste. 🧐

Well, really! One does one's best to exhibit total lack of competence
as one is frequently encouraged to do and then one gets castigated for it!

(I intended to reply to this when I first read it, but something
distracted me and then I couldn't find the post again. Came across it
when bringing my desky up-to-date after a spell on the lapdog.)

2018-04-06 16:59:41 UTC
Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 01-Apr-18 09:16 PM, Btms wrote:
>> Jenny M Benson<***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>>> In this penultimate category there are again joint winners, who were
>>> both Nominated by Sally. One was my own dear Mother Superior and the
>>> second was ... yes, you've guessed it, Mike McT again.
>>>
>>> The exchange went like this:
>>>
>>> Talking of Sharon Richards' son: "And how many mistakes and cockups
>>> will he make?"
>>> "Not manby as we are led to believe that he has an almost mystdical
>>> relationship with farm machinery/plant..."
>>> "Shame his Father wasn't so blessed."
>>> "Did his father call his tractor Beethoven?"
>>>
>>> (Try not to encourage him Sally.)
>>>
>>> Give it loud, please, for Btms - oh all right then, for McT too ...
>> Well thankyew but sumone has inerted typos plus I find no bad taste. 🧐
>
> Well, really! One does one's best to exhibit total lack of competence
> as one is frequently encouraged to do and then one gets castigated for it!
>
> (I intended to reply to this when I first read it, but something
> distracted me and then I couldn't find the post again. Came across it
> when bringing my desky up-to-date after a spell on the lapdog.)

It was a compliment! To the pure.....etc