Gas barbecue (RIP)
2018-05-27 16:10:19 UTC
Purchased on 5th. April, 2002, our trusty Outback gas barbecue curled up
its’ tongs* and was disassembled for scrap yesterday; a new model has been
selected and ordered for delivery on Wednesday - Yay!

*Actually, the tongs are fine but the lava rock basket had disintegrated,
the flame spreaders were falling apart, the support brackets were rusted
through and the body was looking very much the worse for wear and I did not
wish to take any chances with possible gas leaks.
2018-05-27 17:19:32 UTC
*Actually, the tongs are fine but the lava rock basket had disintegrated,
the flame spreaders were falling apart, the support brackets were rusted
through and the body was looking very much the worse for wear and I did not
wish to take any chances with possible gas leaks.
Sounds very much like me. <sigh>
2018-05-27 17:25:44 UTC
*Actually, the tongs are fine but the lava rock basket had disintegrated,
the flame spreaders were falling apart, the support brackets were rusted
through and the body was looking very much the worse for wear and I did not
wish to take any chances with possible gas leaks.
Sounds very much like me. <sigh>
Err, I use propane Sid....
2018-05-27 23:00:26 UTC
*Actually, the tongs are fine but the lava rock basket had disintegrated,
the flame spreaders were falling apart, the support brackets were rusted
through and the body was looking very much the worse for wear and I did not
wish to take any chances with possible gas leaks.
Sounds very much like me. <sigh>
Err, I use propane Sid....
I'm very much anti-pain myself.
2018-05-27 18:19:57 UTC
*Actually, the tongs are fine but the lava rock basket had disintegrated,
the flame spreaders were falling apart, the support brackets were rusted
through and the body was looking very much the worse for wear and I did not
wish to take any chances with possible gas leaks.
Sounds very much like me. <sigh>
As used at most of the umra bbqs. I was surprised when we looked at some
of the photos that it was the same one though. Being McT he found the
destructions with its receipt this evening!