Umra Book Club
2017-08-24 04:53:37 UTC
What ho, chums!

Sorry to have been a negligent umrat for so long (backlog 962!) and then
barge in with a book post, but I thought I'd say that my advice is to
avoid Nicole Krauss's Forest Dark. I thought Great House was really
good, but this...well...isn't. In fact, it *really* isn't. If anyone
wants to read a very grumpy and probably over-long review, mine is here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R268XLXT3OL73T/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

I thought The House by Simon Lelic was a very decent read, though, if
mildly silly in places:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3GU8REPWMH17R/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

Er...that's it.
2017-08-24 09:50:29 UTC
What ho, chums!
Sorry to have been a negligent umrat for so long (backlog 962!) and then
barge in with a book post, but I thought I'd say that my advice is to
Er...that's it.
Glad to see u. Was getting anxious.