Hello!
a l l y
2017-04-30 23:31:44 UTC
Hello! I had a bit of trouble getting the news server to work on my new
computer, but finally decided to put my mind to it, and lo and behold, I am
now back in umraland. Hurrah! Have I missed anything?

ally

---
2017-05-01 06:01:40 UTC
Not much. Welcome back !
Btms
2017-05-01 06:51:51 UTC
Post by a l l y
Hello! I had a bit of trouble getting the news server to work on my new
computer, but finally decided to put my mind to it, and lo and behold, I
am now back in umraland. Hurrah! Have I missed anything?
Not much. Welcome back !
Well some mixed views on who let the cows out and whether Jill's applecake
will save the day. Nice to see you.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Chris McMillan
2017-05-01 11:54:52 UTC
Post by a l l y
Hello! I had a bit of trouble getting the news server to work on my new
computer, but finally decided to put my mind to it, and lo and behold, I
am now back in umraland. Hurrah! Have I missed anything?
Not much. Welcome back !
Well some mixed views on who let the cows out and whether Jill's applecake
will save the day. Nice to see you.
And BTMS has been hob nobbing with the greatest and goodest of the land.

Sincerely Chris (did no one take any photos of you BTMS? What was Mr BTMS
thinking of?)
Btms
2017-05-01 16:03:51 UTC
Post by a l l y
Hello! I had a bit of trouble getting the news server to work on my new
computer, but finally decided to put my mind to it, and lo and behold, I
am now back in umraland. Hurrah! Have I missed anything?
Not much. Welcome back !
Well some mixed views on who let the cows out and whether Jill's applecake
will save the day. Nice to see you.
And BTMS has been hob nobbing with the greatest and goodest of the land.
Sincerely Chris (did no one take any photos of you BTMS? What was Mr BTMS
thinking of?)
There was an official paparazzi* there. We wait the results with fear and
dread.

*an oxymoron par excellence.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Chris McMillan

Sincerely Chris
Anne B
2017-05-07 20:45:28 UTC
There was an official paparazzi* there. We wait the results with fear and
dread.
*an oxymoron par excellence.
[Italian pedant] one paparazzo, two (or more) paparazzi. It's like when
the menu says 'panini' and you only get one and you ask where the other
one is and get a blank look. One panino, two (or more) panini. [/Italian
pedant]

Anne B
Btms
2017-05-07 22:15:42 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Btms
There was an official paparazzi* there. We wait the results with fear and
dread.
*an oxymoron par excellence.
[Italian pedant] one paparazzo, two (or more) paparazzi. It's like when
the menu says 'panini' and you only get one and you ask where the other
one is and get a blank look. One panino, two (or more) panini. [/Italian
pedant]
Anne B
The tinternet never fails to surprise; I assumed you were a Scot.
BTMS - Usurped as Editor in waiting
Anne B
2017-05-16 13:32:59 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Btms
There was an official paparazzi* there. We wait the results with fear and
dread.
*an oxymoron par excellence.
[Italian pedant] one paparazzo, two (or more) paparazzi. It's like when
the menu says 'panini' and you only get one and you ask where the other
one is and get a blank look. One panino, two (or more) panini. [/Italian
pedant]
Anne B
The tinternet never fails to surprise; I assumed you were a Scot.
<sniff> And *why* would you assume that a Scot doesn't speak Italian?
</sniff>

Anne B
Btms
2017-05-16 17:52:27 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Btms
Post by Anne B
Post by Btms
There was an official paparazzi* there. We wait the results with fear and
dread.
*an oxymoron par excellence.
[Italian pedant] one paparazzo, two (or more) paparazzi. It's like when
the menu says 'panini' and you only get one and you ask where the other
one is and get a blank look. One panino, two (or more) panini. [/Italian
pedant]
Anne B
The tinternet never fails to surprise; I assumed you were a Scot.
<sniff> And *why* would you assume that a Scot doesn't speak Italian?
</sniff>
Anne B
I assume nothing as I know there are many Scots of Italian origin; however
I thought you were pure Scots. You say you are an Italian pedant, not A
Scot who speaks Italian. Ciao.
Anne B
2017-05-16 22:09:14 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Btms
Post by Anne B
Post by Btms
There was an official paparazzi* there. We wait the results with fear and
dread.
*an oxymoron par excellence.
[Italian pedant] one paparazzo, two (or more) paparazzi. It's like when
the menu says 'panini' and you only get one and you ask where the other
one is and get a blank look. One panino, two (or more) panini. [/Italian
pedant]
Anne B
The tinternet never fails to surprise; I assumed you were a Scot.
<sniff> And *why* would you assume that a Scot doesn't speak Italian?
</sniff>
Anne B
I assume nothing as I know there are many Scots of Italian origin; however
I thought you were pure Scots. You say you are an Italian pedant, not A
Scot who speaks Italian. Ciao.
[pedant mode] No. I indicated that I was *in Italian pedant mode*. You
don't need to be Italian to go into Italian pedant mode [/pedant mode]

I am actually pure Scots. Not a single ancestor (so far found) born
outside Scotland. And I do speak some Italian.

Anne B
Btms
2017-05-17 06:42:08 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Btms
Post by Anne B
Post by Btms
Post by Anne B
Post by Btms
[...]
Glad to hear it was actually "mode" - I tend to expect preciseness from
pure Scots. So much talent bequeathed to the UK from the Scots. I wish
that the Scots were in charge of the NHS and more.
Mike Ruddock
2017-05-08 07:21:27 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Btms
There was an official paparazzi* there. We wait the results with fear and
dread.
*an oxymoron par excellence.
[Italian pedant] one paparazzo, two (or more) paparazzi. It's like when
the menu says 'panini' and you only get one and you ask where the other
one is and get a blank look. One panino, two (or more) panini. [/Italian
pedant]
Anne B
I usually get an odd look when I ask for "two cappuccini". Perhaps I
should ask for "due".

Lumme: even the spellcheck is querying the plural form.

Mike Ruddock
Sally Thompson
2017-05-08 07:25:08 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Btms
There was an official paparazzi* there. We wait the results with fear and
dread.
*an oxymoron par excellence.
[Italian pedant] one paparazzo, two (or more) paparazzi. It's like when
the menu says 'panini' and you only get one and you ask where the other
one is and get a blank look. One panino, two (or more) panini. [/Italian
pedant]
Lol. I had the same thought but refrained:-)
2017-05-08 07:52:27 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Btms
There was an official paparazzi* there. We wait the results with fear and
dread.
*an oxymoron par excellence.
[Italian pedant] one paparazzo, two (or more) paparazzi. It's like when
the menu says 'panini' and you only get one and you ask where the other
one is and get a blank look. One panino, two (or more) panini. [/Italian
pedant]
Anne B
Scampo is the singular and for those with a greater appetite, you may want
to order scampi.
Marjorie
2017-05-17 08:37:50 UTC
Post by Anne B
Post by Btms
There was an official paparazzi* there. We wait the results with fear and
dread.
*an oxymoron par excellence.
[Italian pedant] one paparazzo, two (or more) paparazzi. It's like when
the menu says 'panini' and you only get one and you ask where the other
one is and get a blank look. One panino, two (or more) panini. [/Italian
pedant]
Anne B
Scampo is the singular and for those with a greater appetite, you may want
to order scampi.
Are there things such as a spaghetto and a macarono, then? Just curious.
--
Marjorie

To reply, replace dontusethisaddress with marje

---
http://www.avg.com
Anne B
2017-05-28 19:34:21 UTC
Post by Marjorie
Post by Mike
Post by Anne B
Post by Btms
There was an official paparazzi* there. We wait the results with fear and
dread.
*an oxymoron par excellence.
[Italian pedant] one paparazzo, two (or more) paparazzi. It's like when
the menu says 'panini' and you only get one and you ask where the other
one is and get a blank look. One panino, two (or more) panini. [/Italian
pedant]
Anne B
Scampo is the singular and for those with a greater appetite, you may want
to order scampi.
Are there things such as a spaghetto and a macarono, then? Just curious.
Must be, except that it would be a maccherono not a macarono.

Anne B

Chris McMillan
2017-05-01 11:54:52 UTC
Post by a l l y
Hello! I had a bit of trouble getting the news server to work on my new
computer, but finally decided to put my mind to it, and lo and behold, I
am now back in umraland. Hurrah! Have I missed anything?
Not much. Welcome back !
Waves madly from down south!

2017-05-01 08:28:18 UTC
On Mon, 1 May 2017 00:31:44 +0100, "a l l y"
Post by a l l y
Hello! I had a bit of trouble getting the news server to work on my new
computer, but finally decided to put my mind to it, and lo and behold, I am
now back in umraland. Hurrah! Have I missed anything?
ally
---
We missed you. Good to see you back. There wa a long
computer/software thread and a bit of disbelief about the proposed
set-up for the Aldridges. Actually it's been quiet.
2017-05-01 21:34:04 UTC
Post by a l l y
Hello! I had a bit of trouble getting the news server to work on my new
computer, but finally decided to put my mind to it, and lo and behold, I am
now back in umraland. Hurrah! Have I missed anything?
ally
---
We missed you. Good to see you back. There wa a long
computer/software thread and a bit of disbelief about the proposed
set-up for the Aldridges. Actually it's been quiet.
+1 on the "We missed you" bit.

Now that you've put your head over the parapet, don't try wandering off
again.
Peter Percival
2017-05-01 10:17:28 UTC
Post by a l l y
Hello! I had a bit of trouble getting the news server to work on my new
computer, but finally decided to put my mind to it, and lo and behold, I
am now back in umraland. Hurrah! Have I missed anything?
In
i) The Archers,
ii) this noosgroup, or
iii) the real world?