UMRA birthday info for 1 April 2018
Add Reply
Birthday Monitor
2018-04-01 06:18:32 UTC
Birthday News for today, 1 April: Penny Mayes.
2018-04-01 12:44:39 UTC
Happy birthday Penny! I hope you're having a splendiferous day :)
Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.
Btms
2018-04-01 13:35:11 UTC
Happy birthday Penny! I hope you're having a splendiferous day :)
Ditto. See you on the green carpet - or perhaps you have a better offer.
2018-04-01 17:55:59 UTC
Happy birthday Penny!  I hope you're having a splendiferous day :)
Happy birthday, MOPMOB!
2018-04-01 13:06:12 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 April: Penny Mayes.
Many happies, Penny.
2018-04-01 13:20:52 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 April: Penny Mayes.
Many happy returns. Penny. Hope it's a splendid day and well worth
repeating.
Rosalind Mitchell
2018-04-01 13:25:34 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 April: Penny Mayes.
Hippo Bathday Penny, and may it bring you many delights.

Rotaa
Vicky
2018-04-01 16:12:35 UTC
On Sun, 1 Apr 2018 06:18:32 +0000 (UTC), Birthday Monitor
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 April: Penny Mayes.
Many happy returns, Penny.
2018-04-01 16:34:39 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 April: Penny Mayes.
Many happy returns, Penny.
We will see her this evening I guess?
2018-04-01 17:27:42 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 April: Penny Mayes.
Many happy returns, Penny.
We will see her this evening I guess?
Shhhh! I've got a surprise birthday cake for her too. Not chocolate
because I had a stomach upset all week and was unable to have coffee
or chocolate. Today coffee was just about ok but not chocolate! On
Easter Sunday! No idea why. I hope it's not permanent. Anyway, this
is an almond/polenta cake with raspberries.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=almond+polenta+birthday+cake&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CTEyUIp9JFSGIjgnOSQdcB1ODXaAGYhegSGZhELDS4FZjpKSuFa4vBD5SzFReQnY-jFXXAH_1Ibull7H5YtbWDYsURyoSCSc5JB1wHU4NERDSixNIeCLXKhIJdoAZiF6BIZkRKhEx3dG_1rFkqEgmEQsNLgVmOkhGoBa1NxcnExSoSCZK4Vri8EPlLEej-fo7xomwLKhIJMVF5Cdj6MVcREevGXRSePsoqEglcAf8hu6WXsREvj-BQ1zaPcioSCfli1tYNixRHEeD_1g_1UHnHQ3&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwipsb-uy5naAhVKD8AKHYUuCEUQ9C96BAgAEBs&biw=1229&bih=591&dpr=1.56#imgrc=kU0VH10W9J4s2M:
2018-04-01 17:35:43 UTC
Post by Vicky
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 April: Penny Mayes.
Many happy returns, Penny.
We will see her this evening I guess?
Shhhh! I've got a surprise birthday cake for her too. Not chocolate
because I had a stomach upset all week and was unable to have coffee
or chocolate. Today coffee was just about ok but not chocolate! On
Easter Sunday! No idea why. I hope it's not permanent. Anyway, this
is an almond/polenta cake with raspberries.
Well coffee does appeal but looking gift horses in the mouth etc! I have
lots of cornish cream for the scones. Anyone got ant home made strawberry
jam?
2018-04-01 17:41:59 UTC
Post by Vicky
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 April: Penny Mayes.
Many happy returns, Penny.
We will see her this evening I guess?
Shhhh! I've got a surprise birthday cake for her too. Not chocolate
because I had a stomach upset all week and was unable to have coffee
or chocolate. Today coffee was just about ok but not chocolate! On
Easter Sunday! No idea why. I hope it's not permanent. Anyway, this
is an almond/polenta cake with raspberries.
Well coffee does appeal but looking gift horses in the mouth etc! I have
lots of cornish cream for the scones. Anyone got ant home made strawberry
jam?
No ant home made strawberry jam but I did hear today that peanut butter
tends to contain numerous bits if insects!!!
2018-04-01 17:51:29 UTC
Post by Vicky
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 April: Penny Mayes.
Many happy returns, Penny.
We will see her this evening I guess?
Shhhh! I've got a surprise birthday cake for her too. Not chocolate
because I had a stomach upset all week and was unable to have coffee
or chocolate. Today coffee was just about ok but not chocolate! On
Easter Sunday! No idea why. I hope it's not permanent. Anyway, this
is an almond/polenta cake with raspberries.
Well coffee does appeal but looking gift horses in the mouth etc! I have
lots of cornish cream for the scones. Anyone got ant home made strawberry
jam?
No ant home made strawberry jam but I did hear today that peanut butter
tends to contain numerous bits if insects!!!
ANY! I believe many edibles contain alien bits of insects.
2018-04-01 21:37:25 UTC
In message
No ant home made strawberry jam but I did hear today that peanut butter
tends to contain numerous bits if insects!!!
ANY! I believe many edibles contain alien bits of insects.
I thought it was on here that someone not too long ago revealed the
standards for permitted quantities of insect parts, rat droppings, etc.
in various foods (IIRR from some American standard).

Capital flows toward lower costs like a river to lowest ground.
"MJ", 2015-12-05
Penny
2018-04-01 19:06:56 UTC
On Sun, 01 Apr 2018 18:27:42 +0100, Vicky <***@gmail.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Post by Vicky
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 April: Penny Mayes.
Many happy returns, Penny.
We will see her this evening I guess?
Shhhh! I've got a surprise birthday cake for her too. Not chocolate
because I had a stomach upset all week and was unable to have coffee
or chocolate. Today coffee was just about ok but not chocolate! On
Easter Sunday! No idea why. I hope it's not permanent. Anyway, this
is an almond/polenta cake with raspberries.
Ooo, a party!

Thanks for all the good wishes and virtual cake - hope you feel well enough
to enjoy the real thing soon, Vicky.

I had a quiet day interrupted by a happy birthday video from eldest
granddaughter (aged 8) and an unprompted, unguided birthday card from
youngest granddaughter (aged 2) as well as a birthday song and chat with
the Sheffield contingent.

Now back to Ancestry - who are having a free 4-day weekend - for new
discoveries.
SODAM
2018-04-01 20:29:56 UTC
Ooo, a party!
Thanks for all the good wishes and virtual cake - hope you feel well enough
to enjoy the real thing soon, Vicky.
I had a quiet day interrupted by a happy birthday video from eldest
granddaughter (aged 8) and an unprompted, unguided birthday card from
youngest granddaughter (aged 2) as well as a birthday song and chat with
the Sheffield contingent.
Now back to Ancestry - who are having a free 4-day weekend - for new
discoveries.
I am late to the party (temporary relocation to the other end of the
country) so I apologise. Happy birthday, Penny!

Is there any cake left? I can help.
--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Vicky
2018-04-01 21:01:26 UTC
Post by SODAM
Post by Penny
Ooo, a party!
Thanks for all the good wishes and virtual cake - hope you feel well enough
to enjoy the real thing soon, Vicky.
I had a quiet day interrupted by a happy birthday video from eldest
granddaughter (aged 8) and an unprompted, unguided birthday card from
youngest granddaughter (aged 2) as well as a birthday song and chat with
the Sheffield contingent.
Now back to Ancestry - who are having a free 4-day weekend - for new
discoveries.
I am late to the party (temporary relocation to the other end of the
country) so I apologise. Happy birthday, Penny!
Is there any cake left? I can help.
Well, there is not a complete slice but there are bits left on the
plate and there is plenty of that lovely cream that Umbrella brought
left.

I thought polenta instead of flour because of Ally. It is gluten free,
isn't it?
2018-04-01 21:53:38 UTC
Post by Vicky
Post by SODAM
Post by Penny
[...]
<enters, panting> Don't all disappear! I've been a little preoccupied
with various fambly matters. But have got a large plateful of meringues
if anyone still has a gap to fill? Would go nicely with all that
cream... and I made a Happy Birthday raspberry icecream vacherin for
Penny with a candle on top which will melt the ice if it doesn't get
eaten quickly.
SODAM
2018-04-01 22:04:45 UTC
Post by Kate B
Post by Vicky
Post by SODAM
Post by Penny
[...]
<frantic wave> Over here, Kate. Let me help.

Do you fancy a swig of this rakia? Sorry, no glasses but I’ll wipe the
bottle.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-04-01 22:04:43 UTC
In message <***@mid.individual.net>, Kate B
<***@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes:
[]
Post by Kate B
<enters, panting> Don't all disappear! I've been a little preoccupied
with various fambly matters. But have got a large plateful of
meringues if anyone still has a gap to fill? Would go nicely with all
that cream... and I made a Happy Birthday raspberry icecream vacherin
for Penny with a candle on top which will melt the ice if it doesn't
get eaten quickly.
Yummy, edible candles ...

"Who came first? Adam or Eve?" "Adam of course; men always do."
Victoria Wood (via Peter Hesketh)
Penny
2018-04-02 00:56:57 UTC
On Sun, 1 Apr 2018 22:53:38 +0100, Kate B <***@nospam.demon.co.uk>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by Kate B
I made a Happy Birthday raspberry icecream vacherin for
Penny with a candle on top which will melt the ice if it doesn't get
eaten quickly.
I don't think that will be a problem :)
Thankyouverymuch!
2018-04-02 09:01:39 UTC
Post by Kate B
<enters, panting> Don't all disappear! I've been a little preoccupied
with various fambly matters.  But have got a large plateful of meringues
if anyone still has a gap to fill? Would go nicely with all that
cream... and I made a Happy Birthday raspberry icecream vacherin for
Penny with a candle on top which will melt the ice if it doesn't get
eaten quickly.
Thank you - don't mind if I do...

Oh.

Well that's charming. You might at least have left a few crumbs for me
to taste.
2018-04-02 08:45:42 UTC
Thanks for all the good wishes and virtual cake - hope you feel well enough
to enjoy the real thing soon, Vicky.
Thank you, most tings are ok. That cake was fine. It's mainly
chocolate now! No idea why. It was coffee and porridge all week too.
vk
2018-04-01 18:27:05 UTC
Post by Birthday Monitor
Birthday News for today, 1 April: Penny Mayes.
Many happies!