Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - week ending 13th April 2018
2018-04-04 19:38:47 UTC

Lexi Viktorova - Ania Sowinski
Jake Grundy - Rob Redwood
Ellis - Ryan Whittle
Olwen Thomas - Alison Steadman

Director : Jenny Thompson
Editor : Alison Hindell
Writer : Tim Stimpson

Spoilers:
Sunday 8th - Life proves difficult for Alistair, and Adam continues to
be overwhelmed.
Monday 9th - Freddie is confronted, and Will's behaviour causes concern.
Tuesday 10th - Pat helps a friend in need, and Harrison has a bad day.
Wednesday 11th - Jazzer looks to the future, and Tom puts his foot in
it.
Thursday 12th - There is tension at Home Farm, and Lexi attends the
surrogacy clinic.
Friday 13th - Shula receives a shock, and Fallon jumps to conclusions.

2018-04-04 20:56:42 UTC
On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 20:38:47 +0100, carolet
<***@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>
>Cast :
>Ruth Archer - Felicity Finch
>Pat Archer - Patricia Gallimore
>Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
>Brian Aldridge - Charles Collingwood
>Jennifer Aldridge - Angela Piper
>PC Harrison Burns - James Cartwright
>Neil Carter - Brian Hewlett
>Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
>Ian Craig - Stephen Kennedy
>Clarrie Grundy - Heather Bell
>Emma Grundy - Emerald O'Hanrahan
>Ed Grundy - Barry Farrimond
>Shula Hebden Lloyd - Judy Bennett
>Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
>Jim Lloyd - John Rowe
>Adam Macy - Andrew Wincott
>Jazzer McCreary - Ryan Kelly
>Freddie Pargetter - Toby Laurence
>Lily Pargetter - Katie Redford
>Fallon Rogers - Joanna van Kampen
>Lexi Viktorova - Ania Sowinski
>Jake Grundy - Rob Redwood
>Ellis - Ryan Whittle
>Olwen Thomas - Alison Steadman
>
>Director : Jenny Thompson
>Editor : Alison Hindell
>Writer : Tim Stimpson

>Spoilers:
>Sunday 8th - Life proves difficult for Alistair, and Adam continues to
>be overwhelmed.
>Monday 9th - Freddie is confronted, and Will's behaviour causes concern.
Harrison is so slow Will has to be even more obvious.
>Tuesday 10th - Pat helps a friend in need, and Harrison has a bad day.
>Wednesday 11th - Jazzer looks to the future, and Tom puts his foot in
>it.

Jazzer is fed up with the piano practise and Jim has mentioned
Alastair might move in, so he thinks of where else he could stay.
>Thursday 12th - There is tension at Home Farm, and Lexi attends the
>surrogacy clinic.
Please can we not accompany Lexi.

>Friday 13th - Shula receives a shock, and Fallon jumps to conclusions.
Jazzer swops places with Alastair.

2018-04-05 13:41:57 UTC
On 04/04/2018 20:38, carolet wrote; my response is lower down:
> Jake Grundy    -    Rob Redwood

Are you sure that is his surname?

2018-04-06 15:09:04 UTC
krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 04/04/2018 20:38, carolet wrote; my response is lower down:
>> Jake Grundy    -    Rob Redwood
>
> Are you sure that is his surname?

Good point, we’ve never heard that Will’s adopted them.

2018-04-06 15:25:32 UTC
On 06-Apr-18 04:09 PM, Chris McMillan wrote:
> krw<***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>> On 04/04/2018 20:38, carolet wrote; my response is lower down:
>>> Jake Grundy    -    Rob Redwood
>> Are you sure that is his surname?
>>
> Good point, we’ve never heard that Will’s adopted them.

How old is Jake? Old enough to have an opinion about what he's called?
My daughter was about 10 when she decided she wanted to use her
stepfather's surname. We never did anything official to change it, just
told everyone. We were rather amused when the DVLA wanted "a note from
her Mummy" to explain why her name didn't match her Birth Cert, but I
think when she married she just told them and her word was accepted.

Mine dew, my daughter wasn't in contact with her father. If Jake's
father is still on the scene he may have some opinion on the subject.

SODAM
2018-04-06 17:01:58 UTC
Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 06-Apr-18 04:09 PM, Chris McMillan wrote:
>> krw<***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>>> Are you sure that is his surname?
>>>
>> Good point, we’ve never heard that Will’s adopted them.
>
> How old is Jake? Old enough to have an opinion about what he's called?
> My daughter was about 10 when she decided she wanted to use her
> stepfather's surname. We never did anything official to change it, just
> told everyone. We were rather amused when the DVLA wanted "a note from
> her Mummy" to explain why her name didn't match her Birth Cert, but I
> think when she married she just told them and her word was accepted.
>
> Mine dew, my daughter wasn't in contact with her father. If Jake's
> father is still on the scene he may have some opinion on the subject.

Nic said several times that their father was a waste of space and never
bothered with the children. I (along with many others, probably) was amazed
when they were packed off to him after Nic’s death. Why would you send
children to stay with someone they hadn’t seen since they were toddlers and
with whom they seemed to have no relationship?

We didn’t hear whether or not Will adopted Jake and Mia, which we would
have done if he had, Shirley? There was enough fuss over Rob’s adopting
Henry and Snappy’s adopting Dan.

Housework all this morning was eased by having a nightingale accompaniment
from just outside my open window. Oh joy!

--
SODAM
The thinking umrat’s choice for editor
Sally Thompson
2018-04-06 17:35:02 UTC
SODAM <***@talktalk.net> wrote:
> Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>>>>
>>> Good point, we’ve never heard that Will’s adopted them.
>>
>> How old is Jake? Old enough to have an opinion about what he's called?
>> My daughter was about 10 when she decided she wanted to use her
>> stepfather's surname. We never did anything official to change it, just
>> told everyone. We were rather amused when the DVLA wanted "a note from
>> her Mummy" to explain why her name didn't match her Birth Cert, but I
>> think when she married she just told them and her word was accepted.
>>
>> Mine dew, my daughter wasn't in contact with her father. If Jake's
>> father is still on the scene he may have some opinion on the subject.
>>

> Nic said several times that their father was a waste of space and never
> bothered with the children. I (along with many others, probably) was amazed
> when they were packed off to him after Nic’s death. Why would you send
> children to stay with someone they hadn’t seen since they were toddlers and
> with whom they seemed to have no relationship?

They have seen Andrew, though I don’t remember how often, but I’m fairly
sure they spent Christmas or part of it with him.

2018-04-06 17:53:02 UTC
On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 20:01:58 +0300, SODAM <***@talktalk.net> wrote:

>Nic said several times that their father was a waste of space and never
>bothered with the children. I (along with many others, probably) was amazed
>when they were packed off to him after Nic’s death. Why would you send
>children to stay with someone they hadn’t seen since they were toddlers and
>with whom they seemed to have no relationship?
>
>We didn’t hear whether or not Will adopted Jake and Mia, which we would
>have done if he had, Shirley? There was enough fuss over Rob’s adopting
>Henry and Snappy’s adopting Dan.

I brought up these points recently. We have never heard of Will
adopting Nic's kids and they have seen more of their father of late.
But he was originally deemed to be a waste of space, so this was
probably to lay the foundations of the forthcoming custody issues.
SODAM
2018-04-06 19:32:43 UTC
Fenny <***@removethis.gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 20:01:58 +0300, SODAM <***@talktalk.net> wrote:
>

>> Nic said several times that their father was a waste of space and never
>> bothered with the children. I (along with many others, probably) was amazed
>> when they were packed off to him after Nic’s death. Why would you send
>> children to stay with someone they hadn’t seen since they were toddlers and
>> with whom they seemed to have no relationship?
>>
>> We didn’t hear whether or not Will adopted Jake and Mia, which we would
>> have done if he had, Shirley? There was enough fuss over Rob’s adopting
>> Henry and Snappy’s adopting Dan.
>
> I brought up these points recently. We have never heard of Will
> adopting Nic's kids and they have seen more of their father of late.
> But he was originally deemed to be a waste of space, so this was
> probably to lay the foundations of the forthcoming custody issues.

Exactly what I thought, Fenny. Andrew was quickly (and unfeasibly)
rehabilitated so that Jake and Mia could be “got rid of” before they would
be expected to speak.

SPOILER?
:
:
:
:
:
/
:

We are hearing about George and Jake fighting a lot: is this preparing the
ground for Jake to go?

Furthermore, where were the apostrophes removed from my posts, spoiling my
carefully-crafted grammar?

And yes, of course I meant Alice, not Kate.

John Ashby
2018-04-06 21:38:41 UTC
On 06/04/18 20:32, SODAM wrote:

>> On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 20:01:58 +0300, SODAM <***@talktalk.net> wrote:

>>> We didn’t hear whether or not Will adopted Jake and Mia, which we would
>>> have done if he had, Shirley? There was enough fuss over Rob’s adopting
>>> Henry and Snappy’s adopting Dan.

> Furthermore, where were the apostrophes removed from my posts, spoiling my
> carefully-crafted grammar?
That's an interesting question, and the answer is...

On your machine.

The apostrophe's are there in your original post, and appear in
Thunderbird in Fennys follow-up. They obviously are not there when you
follow-up to Fenny.

Now it gets technical. You posted from NewsTap with a character coding
of UTF-8. It's very probable that the apostrophe's are way off into the
8-bit region of that coding. Fennys response is also 8-bit coded, but in
ISO. Her Forte Agent has recognised the apostrophe's, but presumably
translated them into it's own version. Then your NewsTap has failed to
recognise the new character's and quietly dropped them.

HTH

2018-04-07 06:49:00 UTC
John Ashby <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Furthermore, where were the apostrophes removed from my posts, spoiling my
>> carefully-crafted grammar?
> That's an interesting question, and the answer is...
>
> On your machine.
>
> The apostrophe's are there in your original post, and appear in
> Thunderbird in Fennys follow-up. They obviously are not there when you
> follow-up to Fenny.
>
> Now it gets technical. You posted from NewsTap with a character coding
> of UTF-8. It's very probable that the apostrophe's are way off into the
> 8-bit region of that coding. Fennys response is also 8-bit coded, but in
> ISO. Her Forte Agent has recognised the apostrophe's, but presumably
> translated them into it's own version. Then your NewsTap has failed to
> recognise the new character's and quietly dropped them.
>
> HTH
>
> john

We love standards, that’s why we have so many of ‘em.

2018-04-09 14:09:58 UTC
On 07/04/2018 07:49, Mike wrote; my response is lower down:
> We love standards, that’s why we have so many of ‘em.

I used to prefer the Evening News.

2018-04-09 16:50:06 UTC
krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 07/04/2018 07:49, Mike wrote; my response is lower down:
>> We love standards, that’s why we have so many of ‘em.
>
> I used to prefer the Evening News.

Is that the one your guardians read too?

2018-04-09 18:19:51 UTC
krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 07/04/2018 07:49, Mike wrote; my response is lower down:
>> We love standards, that’s why we have so many of ‘em.
>
> I used to prefer the Evening News.

Wouldn’t have “Evening Standard” in the house ....

Sincerely Chris
p***@never.here
2018-04-10 08:54:05 UTC
On Mon, 09 Apr 2018 18:19:51 GMT, Chris McMillan
<***@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>> On 07/04/2018 07:49, Mike wrote; my response is lower down:
>>> We love standards, that’s why we have so many of ‘em.
>>
>> I used to prefer the Evening News.
>>

>Wouldn’t have “Evening Standard” in the house ....
>
>Sincerely Chris

Yet that is the one that survived. Back in the 50s there were 3 London
evening papers. The Star, Evening News and the Standard.

The Star went first, taken over/ merged with the Evening News. Some
time later the Evening News was taken over/ merged with the Standard
leavibg the Standard as the last one standing. The Standard is now a
"free" paper.
Pete
Chris McMillan
2018-04-10 15:04:00 UTC
<***@never.here> wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Apr 2018 18:19:51 GMT, Chris McMillan
> <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> I used to prefer the Evening News.
>>>

>> Wouldn’t have “Evening Standard” in the house ....
>>
>> Sincerely Chris
>
> Yet that is the one that survived. Back in the 50s there were 3 London
> evening papers. The Star, Evening News and the Standard.
>
> The Star went first, taken over/ merged with the Evening News. Some
> time later the Evening News was taken over/ merged with the Standard
> leavibg the Standard as the last one standing. The Standard is now a
> "free" paper.

Not quite old enough to know if dad was a Star man, but he was always a
commuter (Thatcham, Didcot and Paddington) until BR built offices here in
Rdg in 1967. Late 60s I was doing the crossword with him and reading it
after he’d finished with it. Due to my poor sight I screwed up the paper
too much for his liking!

Sincerely Chris
SODAM
2018-04-07 08:28:41 UTC
John Ashby <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Furthermore, where were the apostrophes removed from my posts, spoiling my
>> carefully-crafted grammar?
> That's an interesting question, and the answer is...
>
> On your machine.
>
> The apostrophe's are there in your original post, and appear in
> Thunderbird in Fennys follow-up. They obviously are not there when you
> follow-up to Fenny.
>
> Now it gets technical. You posted from NewsTap with a character coding
> of UTF-8. It's very probable that the apostrophe's are way off into the
> 8-bit region of that coding. Fennys response is also 8-bit coded, but in
> ISO. Her Forte Agent has recognised the apostrophe's, but presumably
> translated them into it's own version. Then your NewsTap has failed to
> recognise the new character's and quietly dropped them.
>
> HTH
>
> john

Wow! Impressive. I didn’t know any of that (and am still not sure I do).

I always thought these things worked by electricity and a kind of magic.

Jenny M Benson
2018-04-07 09:18:34 UTC
On 07-Apr-18 09:28 AM, SODAM wrote:
> Wow! Impressive. I didn’t know any of that (and am still not sure I do).
>
> I always thought these things worked by electricity and a kind of magic.

Tautology. Electricity is a kind of magic.

2018-04-07 09:44:48 UTC
SODAM <***@talktalk.net> wrote:
> John Ashby <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Furthermore, where were the apostrophes removed from my posts, spoiling my
>>> carefully-crafted grammar?
>> That's an interesting question, and the answer is...
>>
>> On your machine.
>>
>> The apostrophe's are there in your original post, and appear in
>> Thunderbird in Fennys follow-up. They obviously are not there when you
>> follow-up to Fenny.
>>
>> Now it gets technical. You posted from NewsTap with a character coding
>> of UTF-8. It's very probable that the apostrophe's are way off into the
>> 8-bit region of that coding. Fennys response is also 8-bit coded, but in
>> ISO. Her Forte Agent has recognised the apostrophe's, but presumably
>> translated them into it's own version. Then your NewsTap has failed to
>> recognise the new character's and quietly dropped them.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> john
>
> Wow! Impressive. I didn’t know any of that (and am still not sure I do).
>
> I always thought these things worked by electricity and a kind of magic.

I think I need to rest my brain. It is a little tired.

2018-04-07 09:50:12 UTC
SODAM <***@talktalk.net> wrote:
> John Ashby <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Furthermore, where were the apostrophes removed from my posts, spoiling my
>>> carefully-crafted grammar?
>> That's an interesting question, and the answer is...
>>
>> On your machine.
>>
>> The apostrophe's are there in your original post, and appear in
>> Thunderbird in Fennys follow-up. They obviously are not there when you
>> follow-up to Fenny.
>>
>> Now it gets technical. You posted from NewsTap with a character coding
>> of UTF-8. It's very probable that the apostrophe's are way off into the
>> 8-bit region of that coding. Fennys response is also 8-bit coded, but in
>> ISO. Her Forte Agent has recognised the apostrophe's, but presumably
>> translated them into it's own version. Then your NewsTap has failed to
>> recognise the new character's and quietly dropped them.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> john
>
> Wow! Impressive. I didn’t know any of that (and am still not sure I do).
>
> I always thought these things worked by electricity and a kind of magic.

It’s the buggeration factor innit?

2018-04-07 12:47:42 UTC
Mike <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> SODAM <***@talktalk.net> wrote:
>> John Ashby <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> That's an interesting question, and the answer is...
>>>
>>> On your machine.
>>>
>>> The apostrophe's are there in your original post, and appear in
>>> Thunderbird in Fennys follow-up. They obviously are not there when you
>>> follow-up to Fenny.
>>>
>>> Now it gets technical. You posted from NewsTap with a character coding
>>> of UTF-8. It's very probable that the apostrophe's are way off into the
>>> 8-bit region of that coding. Fennys response is also 8-bit coded, but in
>>> ISO. Her Forte Agent has recognised the apostrophe's, but presumably
>>> translated them into it's own version. Then your NewsTap has failed to
>>> recognise the new character's and quietly dropped them.
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>
>>> john
>>
>> Wow! Impressive. I didn’t know any of that (and am still not sure I do).
>>
>> I always thought these things worked by electricity and a kind of magic.
>>

> It’s the buggeration factor innit?

Computing magic, SODAM!

Sincerely Chris
Nick Leverton
2018-04-07 12:19:58 UTC
In article <1207938366.544782367.840347.kemp_m-***@news.eternal-september.org>,
SODAM <***@talktalk.net> wrote:
>John Ashby <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Furthermore, where were the apostrophes removed from my posts, spoiling my
>>> carefully-crafted grammar?
>> That's an interesting question, and the answer is...
>>
>> On your machine.
>>
>> The apostrophe's are there in your original post, and appear in
>> Thunderbird in Fennys follow-up. They obviously are not there when you
>> follow-up to Fenny.
>>
>> Now it gets technical. You posted from NewsTap with a character coding
>> of UTF-8. It's very probable that the apostrophe's are way off into the
>> 8-bit region of that coding. Fennys response is also 8-bit coded, but in
>> ISO. Her Forte Agent has recognised the apostrophe's, but presumably
>> translated them into it's own version. Then your NewsTap has failed to
>> recognise the new character's and quietly dropped them.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> john
>
>Wow! Impressive. I didn’t know any of that (and am still not sure I do).
>
>I always thought these things worked by electricity and a kind of magic.

Frankly it's often a miracle they work at all.

2018-04-07 12:47:41 UTC
Jenny M Benson <***@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 06-Apr-18 04:09 PM, Chris McMillan wrote:
>> krw<***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>>> Are you sure that is his surname?
>>>
>> Good point, we’ve never heard that Will’s adopted them.
>
> How old is Jake? Old enough to have an opinion about what he's called?
> My daughter was about 10 when she decided she wanted to use her
> stepfather's surname. We never did anything official to change it, just
> told everyone. We were rather amused when the DVLA wanted "a note from
> her Mummy" to explain why her name didn't match her Birth Cert, but I
> think when she married she just told them and her word was accepted.
>
> Mine dew, my daughter wasn't in contact with her father. If Jake's
> father is still on the scene he may have some opinion on the subject.

Isn’t Jake 13? If not, he’s not far off, Emmurr has been shouting at
everyone who put their fingers in their ears that Jake and George are
nearly the same age and they’re not getting on at all sharing a bedroom at
Grange Farm.

2018-04-06 18:10:50 UTC
On 06/04/2018 16:09, Chris McMillan wrote:
> krw <***@whitnet.uk> wrote:
>> On 04/04/2018 20:38, carolet wrote; my response is lower down:
>>> Jake Grundy    -    Rob Redwood
>>
>> Are you sure that is his surname?
>>

> Good point, we’ve never heard that Will’s adopted them.
>
> Sincerely Chris

We know that the children chose to use the Grundy name. I think this
happened immediately after Will and Nic's honeymoon. I think I've looked
this up before.

2018-04-06 15:09:03 UTC
carolet <***@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Note that spoilers are included below the cast and crew.
>
> Cast :
> Ruth Archer - Felicity Finch
> Pat Archer - Patricia Gallimore
> Helen Archer - Louiza Patikas
> Brian Aldridge - Charles Collingwood
> Jennifer Aldridge - Angela Piper
> PC Harrison Burns - James Cartwright
> Neil Carter - Brian Hewlett
> Alice Carter - Hollie Chapman
> Ian Craig - Stephen Kennedy
> Clarrie Grundy - Heather Bell
> Emma Grundy - Emerald O'Hanrahan
> Ed Grundy - Barry Farrimond
> Shula Hebden Lloyd - Judy Bennett
> Alistair Lloyd - Michael Lumsden
> Jim Lloyd - John Rowe
> Adam Macy - Andrew Wincott
> Jazzer McCreary - Ryan Kelly
> Freddie Pargetter - Toby Laurence
> Lily Pargetter - Katie Redford
> Fallon Rogers - Joanna van Kampen
> Lexi Viktorova - Ania Sowinski
> Jake Grundy - Rob Redwood
> Ellis - Ryan Whittle
> Olwen Thomas - Alison Steadman
>
> Director : Jenny Thompson
> Editor : Alison Hindell
> Writer : Tim Stimpson

> Spoilers:

> Wednesday 11th - Jazzer looks to the future, and Tom puts his foot in
> it.

How?