Radio Times/BBC Credits and Spoilers - week ending 18th August 2017
2017-08-10 22:18:26 UTC

Lynda Snell - Carole Boyd
Oliver Sterling - Michael Cochrane
Roy Tucker - Ian Pepperell
Lexi - Ania Sowinski

Director : Rosemary Watts
Editor : Huw Kennair-Jones
Writer : Naylah Ahmed

Spoilers:
Sunday 13th - Alistair is being secretive, and Will's gets a flea in his
ear.
Monday 14th - Anisha will not back down, and Adam is out of his comfort
zone.
Tuesday 15th - Phoebe has an anxious wait, and Clarrie gets to grips
with a new recipe.
Wednesday 16th - Jennifer is called out, and Rex blows away the blues.
Thursday 17th - Susan has been doing some maths, and Freddie
spectacularly fails.
Friday 18th - Emma's resolve is broken, and Alistair tries to explain.

-----------------------------

There is only one Archer in The Archers this week!
2017-08-11 06:45:14 UTC
In message <omilrk$scn$***@dont-email.me>, carolet
<***@btinternet.com> writes:
Sunday 13th - Alistair is being secretive, and Will's gets a flea in
his ear.
I can't let that apostrophe go uncommented-on )-:.
Thursday 17th - Susan has been doing some maths, and Freddie
spectacularly fails.
I'm getting rather tired of the "Freddie fails" storylines - they're
getting a bit like "Grundys come a cropper" ones.
There is only one Archer in The Archers this week!
Cuts everywhere ... (-:

Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
Vicky
2017-08-11 08:18:58 UTC
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 07:45:14 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Sunday 13th - Alistair is being secretive, and Will's gets a flea in
his ear.
I don't think Alastair is gambling again. That would be too obvious. I
wonder if he is going to Gamblers' Anon.

I would love Will to get a good telling off. Maybe Oliver decides to
do something helpful for the Grundy family as a whole, or Ed and Emma,
to do with farming together and letting them stay on at the farm on
easy terms and Will objects because he was Caroline's godson and
thinks any goodies should come to him. Oliver might then point out he
has already had his beenfits.
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I can't let that apostrophe go uncommented-on )-:.
Thursday 17th - Susan has been doing some maths, and Freddie
spectacularly fails.
I'm getting rather tired of the "Freddie fails" storylines - they're
getting a bit like "Grundys come a cropper" ones.
I too am tired of the Freddie fails lines and the Grundys fail ones
too.
There is only one Archer in The Archers this week!
2017-08-11 13:38:31 UTC
Sunday 13th - Alistair is being secretive, and Will's gets a flea in
his ear.
I can't let that apostrophe go uncommented-on )-:.
I did wonder about correcting it, as it is so clearly wrong, and
irritating, but decided to report it untouched.
2017-08-11 08:22:03 UTC

On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 23:18:26 +0100, carolet
Post by carolet
Monday 14th - Anisha will not back down, and Adam is out of his comfort
zone.
I don't like Anisha. It's her voice and intonations, as with Will.
Post by carolet
Tuesday 15th - Phoebe has an anxious wait, and Clarrie gets to grips
with a new recipe.
Phoebe might be waiting for first year results? or a pregnancy test.
Get the morning after pill anyway!
Post by carolet
Wednesday 16th - Jennifer is called out, and Rex blows away the blues.
Thursday 17th - Susan has been doing some maths, and Freddie
spectacularly fails.
Friday 18th - Emma's resolve is broken, and Alistair tries to explain.
Emma bottles out of speaking on Justin's behalf. Is Snappy going to
come clean to Anisha?
2017-08-11 08:38:59 UTC
There is only one Archer in The Archers this week!
Jenny and Shula were born Archers of course. How many days without an
Archer I wonder?
tiny.cc/KRWpics
krw
2017-08-18 11:52:06 UTC
Writer : Naylah Ahmed
New I think - hence some strange oddities this week.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Btms
2017-08-18 12:40:33 UTC
Writer : Naylah Ahmed
New I think - hence some strange oddities this week.
Frinstance?
2017-08-18 12:53:06 UTC
Writer : Naylah Ahmed
New I think - hence some strange oddities this week.
Frinstance?
Expecting Jenny dahling to move a deer at 72 when you are a young and
fit vet?

Emma's constant meaningless prattle - and Clarrie not explaining the
facts of Grundy economic life to her. Joe will die if forced to move
from Grange Farm and without Emma/Eds rent contribution; Grange Farm has
a much bigger garden for the children than any new development postage
stamp.

And no doubt more.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Btms
2017-08-18 13:06:05 UTC
Writer : Naylah Ahmed
New I think - hence some strange oddities this week.
Frinstance?
Expecting Jenny dahling to move a deer at 72 when you are a young and
fit vet?
Emma's constant meaningless prattle - and Clarrie not explaining the
facts of Grundy economic life to her. Joe will die if forced to move
from Grange Farm and without Emma/Eds rent contribution; Grange Farm has
a much bigger garden for the children than any new development postage
stamp.
And no doubt more.
Hmm.... not sure if these are oddities though? Clarrie strikes me as a bit
of a head in the sand sort and doesn't trouble, trouble, till trouble
troubles her. Or something.
2017-08-18 13:19:30 UTC
On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 13:53:06 +0100, krw <***@whitnet.uk> scrawled in the
dust...
Writer : Naylah Ahmed
New I think - hence some strange oddities this week.
Frinstance?
Expecting Jenny dahling to move a deer at 72 when you are a young and
fit vet?
Possibly ignorance but maybe just another chance to illustrate Anisha's
fiery temper.
Post by krw
Emma's constant meaningless prattle - and Clarrie not explaining the
facts of Grundy economic life to her. Joe will die if forced to move
from Grange Farm and without Emma/Eds rent contribution; Grange Farm has
a much bigger garden for the children than any new development postage
stamp.
Seems normal to me. Clarrie is often ready to point out the obvious to her
husband and sons, as she did with Will this week, but is less likely to do
so to her daughter-in-law.
2017-08-18 13:37:33 UTC
Post by krw
Emma's constant meaningless prattle - and Clarrie not explaining the
facts of Grundy economic life to her. Joe will die if forced to move
from Grange Farm and without Emma/Eds rent contribution; Grange Farm has
a much bigger garden for the children than any new development postage
stamp.
Seems normal to me. Clarrie is often ready to point out the obvious to her
husband and sons, as she did with Will this week, but is less likely to do
so to her daughter-in-law.
Possibly realised that talking to a brick wall is likely to be more
fruitful.
2017-08-18 14:47:50 UTC
On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 13:37:33 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> scrawled
in the dust...
Seems normal to me. Clarrie is often ready to point out the obvious to her
husband and sons, as she did with Will this week, but is less likely to do
so to her daughter-in-law.
Possibly realised that talking to a brick wall is likely to be more
fruitful.
I meant the relationship between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law is a
delicate one and all too easily misconstrued between one party and the
other.

D#1 felt that when her partner's mother tidied up or washed-up when
visiting it was an indication that she felt d#1 was not doing a good job.
She saw it as an attack upon herself. I asked her if my behaving in a
similar way felt like an attack upon her - she said no, because she knew I
was doing it to be helpful...

I think their relationship - or at least d#1's perception of it - has
improved since that conversation.
2017-08-19 12:23:55 UTC
Writer : Naylah Ahmed
New I think - hence some strange oddities this week.
Well spotted, Naylah Ahmed has not been credited as a writer before (as
far as I can see), but has been directing occasionally since at least
2010 (when I started noting these details).