If Shula leave
2018-04-30 08:47:10 UTC
Has anyone, or have I already, suggested Alice take over? She is
horsey and could surely learn to teach riding. Is there another
teacher there? She can look after horses and take people on hacks. The
horsey kind not IT. I assume you need to do some kind of teaching
course and get qualifications to teach riding. Did Shula when she
changed from estate management to running the stables?

Alice is unhappy where she is anyway so it might be a welcome change
for her. Sadly daddy probably can't afford to bujy the stables right
now but maybe the bank would give a loan for Alice to take over. Or
Snappy and Shula might let her manage it for them. Chris is even a
bit useful if horses need shoes. And farriers can do other stuff with
horses, can't they?

After last night I want Alice to have a miserable time at work and
find out that Brian is a cheating pig too and stop hassling Adam. But
on the other hand I am not keen on Adam just now either. He doesn't
want that baby and is crossing fingers and firing spoiled sperm to
ward it off. And is being generally annoying.
2018-04-30 11:20:09 UTC
Post by Vicky
Has anyone, or have I already, suggested Alice take over? She is
horsey and could surely learn to teach riding. Is there another
teacher there? She can look after horses and take people on hacks. The
horsey kind not IT. I assume you need to do some kind of teaching
course and get qualifications to teach riding. Did Shula when she
changed from estate management to running the stables?
But what would Shula live on - or are you suggesting she retires? Have
she and A. built up a pension fund big enough? have they even paid off
their mortgage? I know they were in deep doodoo financially when A. had
his gambling problems - doodoo which sounded as if it would take decades
to recover from.
Post by Vicky
Alice is unhappy where she is anyway so it might be a welcome change
for her. Sadly daddy probably can't afford to bujy the stables right
Daddy may have little, no, or even negative money! The farm - which he
owns - will have a depressed value due to the contamination (probably
not that much in reality, but it's something any potential buyer will
milk for all it's worth to keep the price down), the cleanup operation
will cost millions that the insurance company may well not cover if they
get a whiff (!) that Brian knew, and the EA may decide to impose a fine
instead of (or as well as!) a prison sentence.
Post by Vicky
now but maybe the bank would give a loan for Alice to take over. Or
If I was a bank, I wouldn't - Alice may be "horsey", but I think that's
in the sense of having been indulged by her parents, rather than knowing
enough to run the stables - especially the non-horse aspects of running
a business.
Post by Vicky
Snappy and Shula might let her manage it for them. Chris is even a
That's more of a possibility than her buying it, but only slightly:
given what I've said just above, I wouldn't have thought S&S would let
her have much of a controlling influence - just be a hired hand, though
perhaps at a higher level than stable-girl, and I doubt Alice would want
such a lack of control.

Have we had any indication that Shula wants out anyway? She wants out of
the marriage - I can see there's no spark in it so I can see why (though
I do also see that it seems to have come like a bolt from the blue to
A.) - but I hadn't picked up on any indication that she wants to stop
running the stables. Nor that she wants to continue either, granted: her
desires with regards to the stables don't seem to have been mentioned
much if at all, in my hearing.
Post by Vicky
bit useful if horses need shoes. And farriers can do other stuff with
horses, can't they?
Not sure.
Post by Vicky
After last night I want Alice to have a miserable time at work and
find out that Brian is a cheating pig too and stop hassling Adam. But
Yes, her taking Brian's side so vehemently is unexpected.
Post by Vicky
on the other hand I am not keen on Adam just now either. He doesn't
want that baby and is crossing fingers and firing spoiled sperm to
ward it off. And is being generally annoying.
I quite like Adam. Yes, he doesn't want the baby as much as Ian does,
but he doesn't not-want it; and, I feel he'd probably have a fair chance
of being a good father.

"Does Barbie come with Ken?"
"Barbie comes with G.I. Joe. She fakes it with Ken." - anonymous