Not much posting . . .
2017-04-08 22:51:12 UTC
. . . after the Dah-dah-daaaah moment - are we all in shock/denial . . ?
2017-04-09 10:29:55 UTC
. . . after the Dah-dah-daaaah moment - are we all in shock/denial . . ?
Just caught the tail end of the omnibus, after which the continuity
announcer said:

Hmm, I wonder if he's got Nelson Gabriel waiting in the car!

Priceless!

(Probably lack of response a combination of shock, and reluctance to
bother with spoiler space.)

no good deed goes unpunished. This is an iron-clad rule in Netiquette.
Vicky
2017-04-09 10:51:42 UTC
On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 11:29:55 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
. . . after the Dah-dah-daaaah moment - are we all in shock/denial . . ?
Just caught the tail end of the omnibus, after which the continuity
Hmm, I wonder if he's got Nelson Gabriel waiting in the car!
Priceless!
(Probably lack of response a combination of shock, and reluctance to
bother with spoiler space.)
We did discuss it a bit on somerat's fb page.
I think someone here on umra did suggest as an unlikely plot twist
that Matt might come back. Do you think the LSWs got the idea from
here?

I don't like it when the manipulation by editors is too obvious and
crude. The last minute hello and closing music was those. And the
failure for the second day to resolve the Pip/Ruth situation and drag
it out painfully was once again OTT, as the Helen/Rob/prison stuff.

With current stories on Farming on various BBC programmes I think we
should have more about sustainability and nitrogen in the soil and
banning of Umbrella (it is put into the soil and there are two opposed
scientific studies about how carcinogenic it might be.)
2017-04-09 15:35:16 UTC
. . . after the Dah-dah-daaaah moment - are we all in shock/denial . . ?
Just caught the tail end of the omnibus, after which the continuity
Hmm, I wonder if he's got Nelson Gabriel waiting in the car!
Priceless!
(Probably lack of response a combination of shock, and reluctance to
bother with spoiler space.)
I wasn't here but it was relayed to me. ROTFLMAO!

2017-04-09 12:21:15 UTC
. . . after the Dah-dah-daaaah moment - are we all in shock/denial . . ?
I'm seriously hoping that the responses from Justin and Lilian are
along the lines of:

Lilian: F*** off, Matt! [1]
Justin: Do as the lady says or I'll help you out.

[1] Or whatever the least unoffensive version the BBC will allow, but
with very much that intonantion and intent.
2017-04-09 13:15:06 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by steveski
. . . after the Dah-dah-daaaah moment - are we all in shock/denial . . ?
I'm seriously hoping that the responses from Justin and Lilian are
Lilian: F*** off, Matt! [1]
Justin: Do as the lady says or I'll help you out.
[1] Or whatever the least unoffensive version the BBC will allow, but
with very much that intonantion and intent.
Trouble is, even if she does, the character of Matt has been written
such that he'd not actually do so - maybe at that instant, but "he'd be
back" )-:. [Much as we fear Rob will be.]

User Error: Replace user, hit any key to continue.
Fenny
2017-04-09 13:53:17 UTC
On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 14:15:06 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Fenny
Post by steveski
. . . after the Dah-dah-daaaah moment - are we all in shock/denial . . ?
I'm seriously hoping that the responses from Justin and Lilian are
Lilian: F*** off, Matt! [1]
Justin: Do as the lady says or I'll help you out.
[1] Or whatever the least unoffensive version the BBC will allow, but
with very much that intonantion and intenntion.
Trouble is, even if she does, the character of Matt has been written
such that he'd not actually do so - maybe at that instant, but "he'd be
back" )-:. [Much as we fear Rob will be.]
He can hang around, but Lilian needs to give him the *very* clear
message that she wants nothing to do with him and isn't just going to
fall all over him again. She's moved on and, out of financial
necessity, moved out of the Dower House. If necessary, Justin can do
the same - although he should have a tenancy agreement of some kind to
keep him there.

All this has overtones of 'Stenders, where long departed baddies turn
up unannounced and chaos ensues. I thought it was the last guy who
was a TV soap person.
2017-04-09 15:35:17 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Fenny
Post by steveski
[...]
Didn't Matt walk off with things like art work and cash from their bank
account?

2017-04-09 16:05:03 UTC
On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 15:35:17 GMT, Chris McMillan
Post by Chris McMillan
Didn't Matt walk off with things like art work and cash from their bank
account?
IIRC, he took pretty much anything he could get his hands on as
regards assets. Lilian thought they'd been burgled by the mess he'd
left.
2017-04-09 17:20:40 UTC
Post by Chris McMillan
Didn't Matt walk off with things like art work and cash from their bank
account?
IIRC, he took pretty much anything he could get his hands on as
regards assets. Lilian thought they'd been burgled by the mess he'd
left.
Is there any way that could be made to seem ok? Could someone have
held him prisoner and taken his keys and looted the place? Those
dangerous Russians?
2017-04-09 17:09:26 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by Fenny
Post by steveski
[...]
I was surprised Just-in didn't recognise Matt - wasn't he still around
when he started doing business in Ambridge ?
krw
2017-04-10 10:20:07 UTC
I was surprised Just-in didn't recognise Matt - wasn't he still around
when he started doing business in Ambridge ?
Only marginal overlap. Matt was long out of BL when Damara arrived.
Doubt they ever met.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
steveski
2017-04-09 23:24:55 UTC
On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 14:53:17 +0100, Fenny wrote:

[return of you-know-who for the sake of soilers]
All this has overtones of 'Stenders, where long departed baddies turn up
unannounced and chaos ensues. I thought it was the last guy who was a
TV soap person.
I thought of the phrase "'Allo, Ma" . . .
2017-04-10 00:02:28 UTC
[return of you-know-who for the sake of soilers]
All this has overtones of 'Stenders, where long departed baddies turn up
unannounced and chaos ensues. I thought it was the last guy who was a
TV soap person.
I thought of the phrase "'Allo, Ma" . . .
I don't remember Den's ma in the cast list.
vk
2017-04-10 05:55:41 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by steveski
[return of you-know-who for the sake of soilers]
All this has overtones of 'Stenders, where long departed baddies turn up
unannounced and chaos ensues. I thought it was the last guy who was a
TV soap person.
I thought of the phrase "'Allo, Ma" . . .
I don't remember Den's ma in the cast list.
'Allo Ma' was Nick to Dot.
'Allo Princess' was Den to Sharon.
Just saying...
krw
2017-04-10 10:28:59 UTC
. . . after the Dah-dah-daaaah moment - are we all in shock/denial . . ?
Sorry I have been busy.

We were in that London yesterday going to the Menier Chocolate Factory
to see a Terence Rattigan Play "Love in Idleness" which saw Eve Best and
Anthony Head provide an entertaining afternoon. The play has a few more
weeks to run and is then I think going into the West End briefly and I
would strongly recommend. Decent story, concerns about what the world
might be like post end of WWII and the subversion of an anti-fascist
into capitalism.

We enjoyed it.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Fenny
2017-04-10 17:11:50 UTC
Anthony Head
*happy sigh*

It's a while since I last saw him on stage. Probably 10 years or so.
2017-04-10 21:40:27 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by krw
Anthony Head
*happy sigh*
It's a while since I last saw him on stage. Probably 10 years or so.
He may be looking a little older.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Fenny
2017-04-10 21:43:55 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by krw
Anthony Head
*happy sigh*
It's a while since I last saw him on stage. Probably 10 years or so.
He may be looking a little older.
He is. He was in the film of A Streetcat Named Bob recently.
Definitely not the cute librarian any more. Nor even the very young
man in the coffee adverts.
2017-04-10 22:34:20 UTC
Post by Fenny
Post by krw
Post by Fenny
Post by krw
Anthony Head
*happy sigh*
It's a while since I last saw him on stage. Probably 10 years or so.
He may be looking a little older.
He is. He was in the film of A Streetcat Named Bob recently.
Definitely not the cute librarian any more. Nor even the very young
man in the coffee adverts.
He of course was born in 1954 so is probably not looking as old as he
seemed on stage.

Emmerdale watchers are of course (well the male watchers anyway) being
entertained by the appearance of Emily Head as a recently introduced
member of the White family.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Sid Nuncius
2017-04-11 06:44:03 UTC
On 10/04/2017 23:34, krw wrote:

<Anthony Head>
Post by krw
He of course was born in 1954 so is probably not looking as old as he
seemed on stage.
And is of a very fine vintage.
2017-04-11 08:11:38 UTC
<Anthony Head>
Post by krw
He of course was born in 1954 so is probably not looking as old as he
seemed on stage.
And is of a very fine vintage.
I agree.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Jenny M Benson
2017-04-11 09:42:32 UTC
<Anthony Head>
Post by krw
He of course was born in 1954 so is probably not looking as old as he
seemed on stage.
And is of a very fine vintage.
I agree.
1954? You call that vintage? Pah!
1945
Peter Percival
2017-04-11 13:50:48 UTC
<Anthony Head>
Post by krw
He of course was born in 1954 so is probably not looking as old as he
seemed on stage.
And is of a very fine vintage.
I agree.
I'll raise a cup (of Gold Blend, I suppose) to that.
to me what you really mean.
Peter Percival
2017-04-14 20:38:37 UTC
. . . after the Dah-dah-daaaah moment - are we all in shock/denial . . ?
Sorry I have been busy.
We were in that London yesterday going to the Menier Chocolate Factory
to see a Terence Rattigan Play "Love in Idleness" which saw Eve Best and
Anthony Head provide an entertaining afternoon. The play has a few more
weeks to run and is then I think going into the West End briefly and I
would strongly recommend. Decent story, concerns about what the world
might be like post end of WWII and the subversion of an anti-fascist
into capitalism.
We enjoyed it.
Have you been listening to the John Gielgud interviews being rebroadcast
on R4Ex? I find him utterly captivating.
to me what you really mean.
2017-04-15 12:53:53 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
. . . after the Dah-dah-daaaah moment - are we all in shock/denial . . ?
Sorry I have been busy.
We were in that London yesterday going to the Menier Chocolate Factory
to see a Terence Rattigan Play "Love in Idleness" which saw Eve Best and
Anthony Head provide an entertaining afternoon. The play has a few more
weeks to run and is then I think going into the West End briefly and I
would strongly recommend. Decent story, concerns about what the world
might be like post end of WWII and the subversion of an anti-fascist
into capitalism.
We enjoyed it.
Have you been listening to the John Gielgud interviews being rebroadcast
on R4Ex? I find him utterly captivating.
I am so far behind on listening I did not want to add to the backlog.
But I cannot do that now.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-04-16 10:39:58 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Have you been listening to the John Gielgud interviews being
rebroadcast on R4Ex? I find him utterly captivating.
I am so far behind on listening I did not want to add to the backlog.
But I cannot do that now.
Last night's Archive Hour was moderately interesting, in that it looked
at the process/profession of archiving itself for once, rather than a
particular something from the archives; the eternal decision of
archivists, what to keep and what to discard, among other things. The
presenter had decided to make the programme so that it would only go out
once - it isn't available on iplayer, etcetera, and he made a point of
destroying the recording (by a rather silly exercise of destroying some
memory cards; could of course have easily just overwritten them).

Gravity is a myth; the Earth sucks.