SSSI
2017-05-18 12:26:52 UTC
Took this week's lodger, Lucy, for a walk this morning and needed to
drop wofe off at daughter's so checked on the woods near her for
somewhere different to go for the walk.

Follow the paths and as I proceed I find that it is an SSSI. Lived here
for 30 years and never knew we had an SSSI almost on our doorstep. In
terms of a walk it is a bit boring - where we go normally allows various
possible loops but this one was a bit fixed and the parking is not as easy.

I did not think it was particularly colourful - but apparently I should
have been looking for birds and adders.

We did it clockwise.

It made a change.
tiny.cc/KRWpics
Vicky
2017-05-18 12:56:11 UTC
Took this week's lodger, Lucy, for a walk this morning and needed to
drop wofe off at daughter's so checked on the woods near her for
somewhere different to go for the walk.
Follow the paths and as I proceed I find that it is an SSSI. Lived here
for 30 years and never knew we had an SSSI almost on our doorstep. In
terms of a walk it is a bit boring - where we go normally allows various
possible loops but this one was a bit fixed and the parking is not as easy.
I did not think it was particularly colourful - but apparently I should
have been looking for birds and adders.
We did it clockwise.
It made a change.
Well, I had to google SSSI, but we have at least one nearby too,
Bricket Wood. We used to walk the dogs there about once a week. The
wood is very old and had the first raspberries each year, delicious
ones, followed by blackberries. It had bluebells too before that.
There are small muntjac deer and horses in adjoining fields.
2017-05-18 12:56:15 UTC
Took this week's lodger, Lucy, for a walk this morning and needed to
drop wofe off at daughter's so checked on the woods near her for
somewhere different to go for the walk.
Follow the paths and as I proceed I find that it is an SSSI. Lived here
for 30 years and never knew we had an SSSI almost on our doorstep. In
terms of a walk it is a bit boring - where we go normally allows various
possible loops but this one was a bit fixed and the parking is not as easy.
I did not think it was particularly colourful - but apparently I should
have been looking for birds and adders.
We did it clockwise.
It made a change.
Look out for the electrified fence - they may even have turned it on
now....