OT: is eternal-seprember failing?
2017-09-06 23:35:07 UTC
I've had long periods the last two days where I haven't been able to
post, then it works for a bit; anyone else (or anyone know what's up)?

" ... but ... on the sub-ether radio, [it said] you're dead!"
"Yeah, that's right, I just haven't stopped moving yet." (link episode)
John Ashby
2017-09-07 05:23:23 UTC
I've had long periods the last two days where I haven't been able to
post, then it works for a bit; anyone else (or anyone know what's up)?
<aol>

john
vk
2017-09-07 05:53:27 UTC
<aol> + 1
Peter Percival
2017-09-07 06:00:30 UTC
I've had long periods the last two days where I haven't been able to
post, then it works for a bit; anyone else (or anyone know what's up)?
Seen elsewhere:

Change the name of the Server in your accounts settings to:

reader443.eternal-september.org

from: news.eternal-september.org
to me what you really mean.
2017-09-08 06:25:32 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I've had long periods the last two days where I haven't been able to
post, then it works for a bit; anyone else (or anyone know what's up)?
reader443.eternal-september.org
from: news.eternal-september.org
Same here. It seems ok this morning.
2017-09-07 07:02:16 UTC
I've had long periods the last two days where I haven't been able to
post, then it works for a bit; anyone else (or anyone know what's up)?
They have had server problems, and it seems to be taking a while
for things to settle down again.

https://www.eternal-september.org/serverstatus.php?language=en

***@cdixon.me.uk
2017-09-10 23:01:51 UTC
Post by Chris J Dixon
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
I've had long periods the last two days where I haven't been able to
post, then it works for a bit; anyone else (or anyone know what's up)?
They have had server problems, and it seems to be taking a while
for things to settle down again.
https://www.eternal-september.org/serverstatus.php?language=en
Chris
Thanks. That says reader (not reader443) as an alternative to news, but
dated the 5th, so should have propagated under the old name by now. This
is of the nature of a test post (-:

gazing at someone in distress is prurient and rude.
- Alison Graham, RT 2015/6/20-26
Penny
2017-09-10 23:28:27 UTC
On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 00:01:51 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
This
It passed :)
Nick Leverton
2017-09-07 08:37:16 UTC