Ask EU ... food is to anorexia and drink is to ???
2018-05-17 09:57:12 UTC
Ask EU ... food is to anorexia and drink is to ???
Clive Arthur
2018-05-17 10:32:11 UTC
Post by DavidK
Ask EU ... food is to anorexia and drink is to ???
Dehydrangea.

Cheers
Clive
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-05-17 11:20:26 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by DavidK
Ask EU ... food is to anorexia and drink is to ???
(I think "as" rather than "and" is the usual form.)

Interesting question though! I suspect there isn't an answer, as taking
not enough liquid will (I think) kill you in a fairly short time, so it
can't be prolonged like anorexia can. BICBW; IANAD.
Post by Clive Arthur
Dehydrangea.
Cheers
(-:! [I had more than half removed the dead heads from my Hydrangea,
thinking the worst of winter had passed, when the snows came; however,
it looks happy - no flowers yet, but lots of leaves. And the marigold
field is healthy, and the lavender ...]

There is no character, howsoever good and fine, but it can be destroyed by
ridicule, howsoever poor and witless. -Mark Twain, author and humorist
(1835-1910)
DavidK
2018-05-17 14:51:32 UTC
Ask EU ... food is to anorexia as drink is to ???
(I think "as" rather than "and" is the usual form.)
Interesting question though! I suspect there isn't an answer, as taking
not enough liquid will (I think) kill you in a fairly short time, so it
can't be prolonged like anorexia can. BICBW; IANAD.
Yes, 'and' should have been 'as'. Typo.

Not true though. Neither m nor mil drink enough. Mil is aware of it and
the lack has caused kidney stones. M has to be repeatedly nagged and
gets urinary infections and dementia because she doesn't drink enough.
Chris McMillan
2018-05-17 15:33:47 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Ask EU ... food is to anorexia as drink is to ???
(I think "as" rather than "and" is the usual form.)
Interesting question though! I suspect there isn't an answer, as taking
not enough liquid will (I think) kill you in a fairly short time, so it
can't be prolonged like anorexia can. BICBW; IANAD.
Yes, 'and' should have been 'as'. Typo.
Not true though. Neither m nor mil drink enough. Mil is aware of it and
the lack has caused kidney stones. M has to be repeatedly nagged and
gets urinary infections and dementia because she doesn't drink enough.
Your m is my stepma, though it’s in part her dementia that stops her making
the action fit the word, I think it’s part of her not wanting to live. As a
nurse she was, until, last year the first to trot out the advice while
stopping using it herself.

I wonder if Christine is drinking enough?
Mike
2018-06-12 07:55:50 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by DavidK
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
[...]
FAL is drinking for both of them.
2018-06-12 07:59:38 UTC
Mike <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:

Post by DavidK
I wonder if Christine is drinking enough?
FAL is drinking for both of them.
FAL is drinking for all of us.
2018-06-12 15:44:59 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by Chris McMillan
Post by DavidK
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
[...]
Probablynot, although if everyone drinks as much as the script would have
us believe, then yes probably.

2018-05-17 15:53:56 UTC
On Thu, 17 May 2018 15:51:32 +0100, DavidK <***@invalid.invalid>
scrawled in the dust...
Post by DavidK
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Ask EU ... food is to anorexia as drink is to ???
(I think "as" rather than "and" is the usual form.)
Interesting question though! I suspect there isn't an answer, as taking
not enough liquid will (I think) kill you in a fairly short time, so it
can't be prolonged like anorexia can. BICBW; IANAD.
Yes, 'and' should have been 'as'. Typo.
Not true though. Neither m nor mil drink enough. Mil is aware of it and
the lack has caused kidney stones. M has to be repeatedly nagged and
gets urinary infections and dementia because she doesn't drink enough.
I have made a little progress towards keeping myself better hydrated simply
because my latest medication has headaches as a 'side effect' and drinking
more water has stopped them. It has also, quite unexpectedly, reduced my
craving for tea - I've gone from 10 cups per day to 2 - which has probably
had other good effects.

The temporary dementia effect of not drinking enough is scary but truly
temporary.

As for the actual question - the two things do not relate. I don't think
there is any psychological reason for not drinking enough - unless you have
rabies - it's probably habit as much an anything and, as my experience
shows, the habit can be broken or a new one developed..
2018-05-17 20:16:07 UTC
Post by DavidK
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
[...]
I don't recall having ever been dehydrated, but I seem to be somewhere
on the opposite end of the scale from all those people who seem unable
to walk 50 yards along a road without a bottle or can in their hand.
2018-05-17 11:49:31 UTC
<applause>
Fenny
2018-05-17 17:22:17 UTC
On Thu, 17 May 2018 11:32:11 +0100, Clive Arthur
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by DavidK
Ask EU ... food is to anorexia and drink is to ???
Dehydrangea.
Is dat de pink one or de blue one?
Oi think the answer loies in the soil....
Mike
2018-05-18 09:43:53 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by DavidK
Ask EU ... food is to anorexia and drink is to ???
Dehydrangea.
Is dat de pink one or de blue one?
Oi think the answer loies in the soil....
Is that ‘irony’?
It has, at least, been thoroughly budgeted for.

john
Steve Hague
No, he's channeling Don Hoyle.
BrritSki
2018-05-18 10:19:54 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by DavidK
Ask EU ... food is to anorexia and drink is to ???
Dehydrangea.
Is dat de pink one or de blue one?
Oi think the answer loies in the soil....
Is that ‘irony’?
No, he's channeling Don Hoyle.
Kenneth Williams' country character, Arthur Fallowfield, who was based
on Dorset farmer Ralph Wightman I think...

"Beyond Our Ken" M'Lud.
Penny
2018-05-18 11:30:22 UTC
On Fri, 18 May 2018 12:19:54 +0200, BrritSki <***@gmail.com>
Post by Steve Hague
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by DavidK
Ask EU ... food is to anorexia and drink is to ???
Dehydrangea.
Is dat de pink one or de blue one?
Oi think the answer loies in the soil....
Is that ‘irony’?
No, he's channeling Don Hoyle.
Kenneth Williams' country character, Arthur Fallowfield, who was based
on Dorset farmer Ralph Wightman I think...
Really, I thought it was Percy Thrower BIMBAM
Post by BrritSki
"Beyond Our Ken" M'Lud.
2018-05-18 14:38:28 UTC
Post by Clive Arthur
Post by DavidK
Ask EU ... food is to anorexia and drink is to ???
Dehydrangea.
Is dat de pink one or de blue one?
Oi think the answer loies in the soil....
Is that ‘irony’?
No, he's channeling Don Hoyle.
Kenneth Williams' country character, Arthur Fallowfield, who was based
on Dorset farmer Ralph Wightman I think...
"Beyond Our Ken" M'Lud.
My mistake, I had it as Jed Thorough-Budget, but the divine Google tells
me that he was a character in ISIRTA.

john
agsmith578688@gmail.com Tony Smith Prestbury
2018-05-17 13:00:09 UTC
Fluids in general or the Demon Drink?
Jane Vernon
2018-05-22 09:26:30 UTC
Post by DavidK
Ask EU ... food is to anorexia and drink is to ???
Coming late to the thread, I see nobody else has actually answered the
question. I believe the answer might be hydrophobia.
--
Jane
BTME

2018-05-22 09:57:17 UTC
On Tue, 22 May 2018 10:26:30 +0100, Jane Vernon
Post by Jane Vernon
Post by DavidK
Ask EU ... food is to anorexia and drink is to ???
Coming late to the thread, I see nobody else has actually answered the
question. I believe the answer might be hydrophobia.
I thought I'd covered that with the suggestion of rabies.
Jane Vernon
2018-05-22 10:37:43 UTC
Post by Jane Vernon
Post by DavidK
Ask EU ... food is to anorexia and drink is to ???
Coming late to the thread, I see nobody else has actually answered the
question. I believe the answer might be hydrophobia.
I thought I'd covered that with the suggestion of rabies.
Ah, sorry, missed that.
--
Jane
BTME