it's not just me
2018-03-02 09:35:19 UTC
Friend just got a 1p electricity bill.
"after the -£700 bill they sent me a £179, which I paid. It said my
next bill would be in July! 2 weeks later they e-mailed to say I must
have forgotten to pay their £115 bill. I went on their Web site, which
said I owed nothing. Now this. I've paid it cos otherwise I'm sure
they'd send me a final demand letter!
I think there must be a short-circuit at SSE."

2018-03-02 09:41:37 UTC
Vicky <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> Friend just got a 1p electricity bill.
> "after the -£700 bill they sent me a £179, which I paid. It said my
> next bill would be in July! 2 weeks later they e-mailed to say I must
> have forgotten to pay their £115 bill. I went on their Web site, which
> said I owed nothing. Now this. I've paid it cos otherwise I'm sure
> they'd send me a final demand letter!
> I think there must be a short-circuit at SSE."

Obviously they are going through a few phases....

Paul Herber
2018-03-02 11:32:05 UTC
On Fri, 02 Mar 2018 09:41:37 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Vicky <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Friend just got a 1p electricity bill.
>> "after the -£700 bill they sent me a £179, which I paid. It said my
>> next bill would be in July! 2 weeks later they e-mailed to say I must
>> have forgotten to pay their £115 bill. I went on their Web site, which
>> said I owed nothing. Now this. I've paid it cos otherwise I'm sure
>> they'd send me a final demand letter!
>> I think there must be a short-circuit at SSE."
>>

>Obviously they are going through a few phases....

Looks like they don't employ bright sparks.

--
Regards, Paul Herber
http://www.paulherber.co.uk/
Mike
2018-03-02 11:43:51 UTC
Paul Herber <***@pherber.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Mar 2018 09:41:37 GMT, Mike <***@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Vicky <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Friend just got a 1p electricity bill.
>>> "after the -£700 bill they sent me a £179, which I paid. It said my
>>> next bill would be in July! 2 weeks later they e-mailed to say I must
>>> have forgotten to pay their £115 bill. I went on their Web site, which
>>> said I owed nothing. Now this. I've paid it cos otherwise I'm sure
>>> they'd send me a final demand letter!
>>> I think there must be a short-circuit at SSE."
>>>

>> Obviously they are going through a few phases....
>
> Looks like they don't employ bright sparks.

No, just lags.

2018-03-02 13:35:28 UTC

It's because you're not paying from a current account.
Mike
2018-03-02 14:27:11 UTC
BrritSki <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/03/2018 12:32, Paul Herber wrote:

>>> Obviously they are going through a few phases....
>>
>> Looks like they don't employ bright sparks.
>>
> It's because you're not paying from a current account.

You would see a real transformation if you did.

2018-03-02 18:12:14 UTC
In message <3bdmC.49185$***@fx20.am4>, Mike
<***@ntlworld.com> writes:
>BrritSki <***@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Looks like they don't employ bright sparks.
>>>
>> It's because you're not paying from a current account.
>>

>You would see a real transformation if you did.

If you switched to a Welsh supplier, it would depend on how much Dai
owed ... but you might have some resistance to anyone inducing you to do
that, even if you had the capacity.

Never rely on somebody else for your happiness.
- Bette Davis, quoted by Celia Imrie, RT 2014/3/12-18
Mike
2018-03-02 18:29:05 UTC
J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG-***@255soft.uk> wrote:
> In message <3bdmC.49185$***@fx20.am4>, Mike
> <***@ntlworld.com> writes:
>> BrritSki <***@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It's because you're not paying from a current account.
>>>

>> You would see a real transformation if you did.
>>
> If you switched to a Welsh supplier, it would depend on how much Dai
> owed ... but you might have some resistance to anyone inducing you to do
> that, even if you had the capacity.

That’s a leading question I feel, it might generate wattsome might call
eddys in the field.

Fred
2018-03-02 22:11:14 UTC

> >> You would see a real transformation if you did.
> >>
> > If you switched to a Welsh supplier, it would depend on how much Dai
> > owed ... but you might have some resistance to anyone inducing you to do
> > that, even if you had the capacity.
>
> That’s a leading question I feel, it might generate wattsome might call
> eddys in the field.

Wire you talking like this? I think I'll just go ohm and insulate myself from conversation or I may come down to earth with a bump and damage my terminal appendage.
Fred